Seahawks official schedule out on .com

davidonmi

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1204kr7w said:
lol... Some entertaining reads over there....

http://www.packerforum.com/threads/sche ... set.51452/

apparently we're thin on defense. As pointed out by some packer fan who seems unable to speak proper english

There thin all over the defense. Right now they don't have to the talent to rotate seven on the D-line. They lost two corners and now have a new guy in the slot plus Maxwell has only started two games for them. Far from proven. I would much rather play them early cause well be healthy as well. I take are roster hands down over there's the way it sits right now. The game played two years ago means nothing in the sense are running back was Cedric Benson.

Exactly, The hawks are a couple injuries away on defense from missing the playoffs. They lost 12-13 guys who played snaps in the super bowl. They have not really replaced any of them. Plus Lynch is at that age for a physical running back to start declining. There O-line is below average. Russell Wilson isn't Aaron Rodgers and I want to see what he can do when there running game takes a step back. I know there the super bowl champs but this team isn't all that scary with there current roster. They could easily head into there bye week 1-2.

12-13 guys? is it really that much? I thought it was like 8 or 9

HawaiiD

Reaction score
TriCHawk":2au8pdrm said:
isn't this 3 years in a row the Hawks are @ Carolina?
that's exactly what I said after I saw the schedule. Heck we are 2-0
Am not worried

HawkWow

Reaction score
Unsure why so many think it somehow unfair that we play 5 of the last 6 vs the division. That means they also have to play us. I'd rather be in our shoes than theirs. Chances are very good the NFC title game will feature a team from the NFCW. So again, winning the division is paramount for all of us and all of us have a reasonable shot at winning the division this year.

With that, just imagine the level of intensity going into that final stretch. Football at it's finest and may the best team win. I love it. Go Hawks!

themunn

Reaction score
Week 4 Bye sounds awful, but Panthers had a week 4 Bye last year and then proceeded to win 11 of their next 13 games.

If we can hit the Bye 3-0 and come out and do the same, I won't be complaining.

In reality I can't really see a tough game until we go to the Niners, every other good opponent we play at home, the Rams will put up a fight, but they're our bitches anyway. We'll probably lose 1 or 2 before then, but if we can go into the Niners game at 9-2 or better, we'll have a strong chance of finishing the season with the number 1 seed again

volsunghawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1ekxpaxj said:
Things that look setup to suck about this schedule:

1) The bye is week four BEFORE the Monday night game. WTF?

2) Back to back weeks against tough STL and CAR defenses.

3) Brutal stretch to end the season: @KC, ARI, @SF, @PHI, SF, @ARI, STL.

4) Playing maybe the biggest game of the season @SF on Thanksgiving with a short week of prep.

Win the Super Bowl while playing in the toughest division, get the toughest schedule. I get that, but it doesn't make it any more appetizing to look at. This is the toughest schedule they possibly could have drawn up. No excuses, take it one week at a time. Go Hawks!!!

It is not the toughest schedule they could have drawn up. In fact, they had one that gave us a 3-game road stretch, but we dodged that bullet.

We get 4 home games in the first half, 4 in the second. 4 away games in the first half, 4 in the second. We never have to play more than 2 road games in a row, and we only have back-to-back road games twice. And in that second back-to-back, we have a 10-day stretch between the first and second games (@SF on Thanksgiving and @Philly on 12/7). We start and end the season at home.

There are some negatives, sure. It would be nice if all the divisional games weren't bunched up at the end. It would be nice if our bye week wasn't the earliest possible bye week. And it would be nice to have more primetime games at home. But we don't face a single team coming off a bye, so there's no team that gets two weeks to prepare for us. And while that last stretch looks difficult, it balances because the only difficult part of our early schedule is the back-to-back against St. Louis and Carolina. I don't see any reason we don't go 8-1 through our first 9 games.

EDIT: Oh, and we only get 3 early games. We had 5 last year.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
This schedule is okay. Get the Pack at home, get the Donks at home. Going to KC will be tough as they look to be a solid team, though I do think they overachieved a bit with their fourth-place schedule.

The four-day turnaround between ARZ, @SF sucks, as does the super-early bye, but otherwise, 12-4 or even better seems doable.

Largent80

Reaction score
Losing proven depth only hurts on paper. We are FAR from the final roster so right now that does not matter. The early bye may or may not be good, it is unknown. And if 27 years old is too old to play running back then I guess I should give up music.

Hawker

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2wopy3re said:
It is not the toughest schedule they could have drawn up. In fact, they had one that gave us a 3-game road stretch, but we dodged that bullet.

We get 4 home games in the first half, 4 in the second. 4 away games in the first half, 4 in the second. We never have to play more than 2 road games in a row, and we only have back-to-back road games twice. And in that second back-to-back, we have a 10-day stretch between the first and second games (@SF on Thanksgiving and @Philly on 12/7). We start and end the season at home.

There are some negatives, sure. It would be nice if all the divisional games weren't bunched up at the end. It would be nice if our bye week wasn't the earliest possible bye week. And it would be nice to have more primetime games at home. But we don't face a single team coming off a bye, so there's no team that gets two weeks to prepare for us. And while that last stretch looks difficult, it balances because the only difficult part of our early schedule is the back-to-back against St. Louis and Carolina. I don't see any reason we don't go 8-1 through our first 9 games.

EDIT: Oh, and we only get 3 early games. We had 5 last year.

Very well summarized. Thanks for the insight - good points all around. Sounds like an easier schedule now than at first glance.