Jimjones0384

Reaction score
tacomahawk":ejnv11xq said:
nash72":ejnv11xq said:
Uncle Si":ejnv11xq said:
nash72":ejnv11xq said:
Another Jaguar reject?

Yes?

Thanks. Just wanted to verify. I'm sure he'll excel no matter where he signs.

Of the FA that are out there, that we can still afford, who would you rather us look at? Or are you simply bemoaning every possibility per usual?

Nailed it.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Seafan":2kk0udsk said:
nash72":2kk0udsk said:
MontanaHawk05":2kk0udsk said:
nash72":2kk0udsk said:
Another Jaguar reject?
Odrick got 5.5 sacks in 2015 and kinda looks like a Red Bryant replacement. He's probably a solid rotational lineman at worst.

That was 2 years ago. He's probably a solid rotational lineman at best to be honest.

Whatever, Odrick doesnt deserve all these posts, but sometimes I wish we would quit signing 7 to 8 players and use the money on at least one difference maker. Depth is nice but if none of the players are any good, whats the point?

In before the lock/move.

Quit wasting money, huh? Most of these guys aren't costing a cent if they don't make the team. This is just typical off season adding to the pile. You can't get better if you don't bring in competition. None of us know if Odrick is better or worse than McDaniel. If JS/PC are interested in bringing him in then I'm interested. They know better than us.

Can't have a 90 man roster to start training camp if they don't sign players.

nash72

Reaction score
Look guys, i'm just bellyaching. I realize a lot of these guys wont cost anything if they dont make the team, but i'm just sore that we had such a horrid Oline, especially left tackle, and we didnt do anything to fix it (for those that think the over paid Jokel is the answer, get real). We should have signed Whitworth or Nsekhe and we did neither. Instead we went out and got a dozen or so low risk high reward hopefuls. I knew when Pete said he was content with the line we were screwed. Oh well, thats an argument for another thread. Cheers to the FO.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Who the heck is Nsekhe? Whitworth is old enough to have a walker, but he sure got paid. there is no way Seattle would have paid even close to that for him.

This offseason the market for even marginal linemen was ridiculous.

I thought this thread was about Odrick who may be a potentially interesting addition.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
nash72":x9vimthg said:
Look guys, i'm just bellyaching. I realize a lot of these guys wont cost anything if they dont make the team, but i'm just sore that we had such a horrid Oline, especially left tackle, and we didnt do anything to fix it

Fair enough and appreciate the candor.

Obviously that has nothing to do with this signing. Which I thought was a good solid move. So couldn't figure out why one would take a dump on a move like this.

mikeak

Reaction score
You can't just base an evaluation on "couldn't cut it with Jaguars". What they cut was a 5-year contract for $42 million. He was going to make $8.5million each of the next three years. So maybe he isn't worth that but it does not equate to not being an NFL caliber starter. Just maybe he is worth $3M / year or some other number significantly below the $8.5million. Combine that with a new coaching staff and this is the kind of guy you cut.

If passing physical and can be had for decent money then I am interested. Every guy that we sign in the offseason changes our needs going into the draft in a positive way

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If he wants close to those numbers, he will likely become a Giants player.