Seahawks...PLEASE Pay Attention

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Whatever direction the Hawks decide to go in the area of Defensive Coordinator...

Can they please choose someone who is capable of making in-game / halftime adjustments like we saw in the Bengals - Chiefs game? What a perfect picture and example of how to take the same defensive players that were getting gashed in the 1st half - make game plan / scheme adjustments - and come back out in the 2nd half and completely shut down the other team (who happened to be Mahomes, Hill, Kelce & co.)

Thank you.

xray

Reaction score
You still have to have the players on defense to make it happen . The Hawks have few stars on defense right now . IMO

OP
OP
HawkFreak

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Do the Bengals really have a ton of "stars" on D?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
VERY good point ^
That team is just flat out well coached. Something that has been missing here for a long time. Sometimes, it's not JUST about the players, you need solid coaching that actually knows how to get the best out of those players. And just as important, coaches that know how to adjust IN GAME. Imagine that.

seabowl

Reaction score
They already hired their Defensive Coordinator:

Pete Carroll

OP
OP
HawkFreak

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Cool!
Excited then to see the fresh, creative HC that they bring in then!

John63

Reaction score
The real question is going to be how much power will the DC really have. OR will PC still get involved?

chris98251

Reaction score
HawkFreak":1mcjgmvz said:

Stars emerge when you get to games that matter, who knew Marshaun, Kam, Brandon, Bobby, Sherman, KJ, Baldwin, Avril and Bennett really, Avril was a guy that played opposite of Suh, Bennett a guy for the Bucs, after we hit the playoffs, they all were names and Seahawks, not former Lions, Bills and Bucs.

xray

Reaction score
John63":1kndrc9g said:
The real question is going to be how much power will the DC really have. OR will PC still get involved?

^
If Carroll doesn't stand down and leave his coaches alone to do their jobs ; then nothing changes . Gag him please . :D

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
HawkFreak":2f3y86rc said:

It dawned on me tonight seeing the play where he covered Kelce that Tre Flowers is going to the Super Bowl!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, I saw a team that actually ADJUSTED in the 2nd half and held the Chiefs to squat.
That is something to be envious of.

OP
OP
HawkFreak

HawkFreak

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1yckw3xm said:
Well, I saw a team that actually ADJUSTED in the 2nd half and held the Chiefs to squat.
That is something to be envious of.

THIS was my main thought.
I know there are players that we can "want" to help improve the team, but man - seeing that
Bengals game made my main "want" = coaching that focuses on scheme and adjustments.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Coaching is a MASSIVE problem on this team, period. It has been for a long while now. Just my opinion.
And for the record, the players flat out have to play a lot better. Especially Russ. He has to be on top of his game for this team to be successful. Even with some ridiculous coaching. I expect more out of him. He flat has to improve his overall game. He's my favorite player, but he has to be the Russ we saw at the end of the season. Healthy, confident and getting wins.
That all being said, he shouldn't to to overcome Pete's ridiculous coaching and letting off the gas. Game after game after game. Oh look, they won another game in the 4th Quarter or OT. When they should have kept the gas on with a nice lead.

Fade

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1l0jk44i said:
HawkFreak":1l0jk44i said:

It dawned on me tonight seeing the play where he covered Kelce that Tre Flowers is going to the Super Bowl!

Coincidentally, it shows the stark contrast in what the OP mentioned. Same players, but different results.

The Seahawks used Trey Flowers as an outside corner, he did not have the agility and quickness to play outside. So he had to play 10 yards off consistently. This repeated failed strategy literally made him one of the statistically worst corners of all-time in his Seahawks career.

The Bengals got a hold of him and moved him inside to put him on Tight Ends where he doesn't have that problem, he can keep up with TE's, his size and length can actually be utilized properly, and he becomes an asset instead of a detriment.

Absolute failure by the Seahawks in this instance.

Jville

Reaction score
Pete did right by Flowers by letting him go so he could get a fresh start with another team. Worked out well for everyone. :2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
Jville":hf9c79cl said:
Pete did right by Flowers by letting him go so he could get a fresh start with another team. Worked out well for everyone. :2thumbs:

Yeah by not figuring out how to use him and the TE seam route and crossing and or out route eating us alive since Pete got here releasing him was the right thing to do.

Jville

Reaction score
chris98251":1nw06qfv said:
Jville":1nw06qfv said:

Yeah by not figuring out how to use him and the TE seam route and crossing and or out route eating us alive since Pete got here releasing him was the right thing to do.

It's the product of a fresh start and the successful process of fitting a player into a different team. And lets acknowledge that the Seahawks defensive passing coordinator was relieved of his duties. That sometimes happens when a subordinate's use of delegated authority doesn't prove fruitful.

As a side note: In my opinion, the habit of reverting back to blaming the same target over and over again does not instill confidence in subject insight.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jville":3kuq4esi said:
chris98251":3kuq4esi said:
Jville":3kuq4esi said:

It's the product of a fresh start and the successful process of fitting a player into a different team. And lets acknowledge that the Seahawks defensive passing coordinator was relieved of his duties. That sometimes happens when a subordinate's use of delegated authority doesn't prove fruitful.

As a side note: In my opinion, the habit of reverting back to blaming the same target over and over again does not instill confidence in subject insight.

Or admitting the kid is out of position and needs to be put in one he can thrive in, he was a Safety, he played down hill and they asked him to cover WR's down field, he kept failing, anyone that knows about how a secondary position is played could see it. Pete was a Safety and a defensive coordinator, he should have seen this and had the defense adjusted to a player's strengths, oh do we need to talk about Adams and not playing to his strengths also.

Jville

Reaction score
chris98251":y569ex7h said:
Jville":y569ex7h said:
chris98251":y569ex7h said:
Jville":y569ex7h said:

Or admitting the kid is out of position and needs to be put in one he can thrive in, he was a Safety, he played down hill and they asked him to cover WR's down field, he kept failing, anyone that knows about how a secondary position is played could see it. Pete was a Safety and a defensive coordinator, he should have seen this and had the defense adjusted to a player's strengths, oh do we need to talk about Adams and not playing to his strengths also.

Flowers was a position projection that didn't work out. It happens. And when it does, it generates roster churn.

John63

Reaction score
Lisen to the KJR interview makes i pretty open and shut,