Seahawks Press Conference: March 16 2:30 pm

Elemas

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":7izyp9xm said:
Hawknight":7izyp9xm said:
I'm just surprised that Pete and John didn't do this earlier after the release of Russ and Bobby. You know the fans will be in turmoil and they should have got in front of it sooner than later..IMHO

This has been explained a few times. The news is not official until the start of the league year, therefore they needed to hold off until today, the 16th, to address the news.

Great point. Bobby’s post had me scratching my head and wondering why it “leaked” but, if you ask me, it worked in Bobby’s favor. He certainly draws interest from other teams and perhaps leaking it early allows them to plan accordingly.

Chawker

Reaction score
I think this could be a Pete Carroll jedi mind tricks say wie will be drafting a QB setting off a feeding frenzy, trying to get teams to trade up. Maybe ? :stirthepot:

OP
OP
Hawknight

Hawknight

Reaction score
It's a snoozer press conference for sure....sounds like Lock might be it this season. Mixed feelings on this one, time will tell on how this all plays out. IF they can build a decent team around him for support, it's possible it could pay off. I'm sitting on the fence and see how this season unfolds.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Takeaways
- Drew Lock will get a chance to compete
- Russ Wanted to do things differently and Pete is sticking with his philosophy, Pete believes that his programs can win with different QB's reminded people about the turnover of QB's and players in College
- John Schneider and Pete feel really bad for not getting to talk to Bobby before info was leaked. JS mentions it may have been different if he had an agent and didn't represent himself.
- John said he wants to get back to the ROn Wolf way of drafting QB's more regularly, in GB they drafted Mark Brunell, Aaron Brooks, Hasselbeck, Etc. Pete cut him off (I speculate that Pete was protecting Russ's ego)
- They are planning to be competitive and believe they have great talent on this team. Jody believes in them and the players here will be ready to compete

James in PA

Reaction score
QuahHawk":3afr74zc said:
Takeaways
- Drew Lock will get a chance to compete
- Russ Wanted to do things differently and Pete is sticking with his philosophy, Pete believes that his programs can win with different QB's reminded people about the turnover of QB's and players in College
- John Schneider and Pete feel really bad for not getting to talk to Bobby before info was leaked. JS mentions it may have been different if he had an agent and didn't represent himself.
- John said he wants to get back to the ROn Wolf way of drafting QB's more regularly, in GB they drafted Mark Brunell, Aaron Brooks, Hasselbeck, Etc. Pete cut him off (I speculate that Pete was protecting Russ's ego)
- They are planning to be competitive and believe they have great talent on this team. Jody believes in them and the players here will be ready to compete
Thanks for the summary. Sounds like a real snooze fest. You saved me some time. Probably the only thing more boring would be a Russell Wilson presser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

classicaaron

Reaction score
It was one of the most comical press conferences i have watched ever. Cant believe they could say what they did with a straight face the whole time.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
classicaaron":vf080flp said:
It was one of the most comical press conferences i have watched ever. Cant believe they could say what they did with a straight face the whole time.

Their faces weren't really straight, tho. John looked like he did a ball of girl before he hit the stage...sweatin and shit. I have zero faith in them.

OP
OP
Hawknight

Hawknight

Reaction score
I look at this way as they can't really play their cards on the table with the upcoming draft. Lot's of smoke and mirrors here, the draft will be telling as to where this team is headed.

Fade

Reaction score
The biggest takeaway from the conference and it can essentially be boiled down to this:

"We've learned nothing."

AND

"We're going to keep doing what we're doing."

It was absolute comedy listening to Pete trying to sell this dumpster fire, though. As he got lit up in the comments section during the stream.

So if you like how the Seahawks have drafted, handled free agency, coached, traded, etc. over the last 8 years, get ready for more. Minus a Franchise QB, of course to mask the ineptitude. No more Russell Wilson to shovel all the blame on now.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Fade":2txst5h6 said:
The biggest takeaway from the conference and it can essentially be boiled down to this:

"We've learned nothing."

AND

It was absolute comedy listening to Pete trying to sell this dumpster fire, though. As he got lit up in the comments section during the stream.

So if you like how the Seahawks have drafted, handled free agency, coached, traded, etc. over the last 8 years, get ready for more. Minus a Franchise QB, of course to mask the ineptitude. No more Russell Wilson to shovel all the blame on now.
Might be time to hop on the orange and blue bandwagon with your hero ready to win 4 more championships...

John63

Reaction score
Fade":3hcozybp said:

"We've learned nothing."

AND

He will find someone else to blame or still blame Wilson anyway.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
John63":3kb6jubr said:
Fade":3kb6jubr said:

"We've learned nothing."

AND

He will find someone else to blame or still blame Wilson anyway.
Denver always needs fans..

Smellyman

Reaction score
The comical part to me is people thinking you ever learn anything from a press conference.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
What do you mean? We learned plenty.

We learned Carroll has little value left.

That he likely isn't a competent coach anymore and the NFL has passed him by.

That he not only refuses to learn and adapt, he may be so deluded that he can't (inability to process new concepts, ideas, and thoughts is a sign of senility btw)

And that this will be hilarious to watch as he both struggles and spins excuses.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
emurri":182eqqon said:
scutterhawk":182eqqon said:
emurri":182eqqon said:
I hope they actually get some tough questions. I am tired of these two idiots thinking they are smarter then everybody else when they haven’t done jack crap in years and just keep doing the same thing year after year.
Well the fact is, they are smarter than YOU = they have the paychecks, clout & positions that proves it. :stirthepot:
Wow, brilliant response! Yes they are smarter than me in regards to the NFL at least I would hope so but that doesn’t mean that just because they are smarter then fans means they should continue to have jobs. It is clear from the product they have put on the field that they are doing a terrible job and should be out of jobs.
You're answering your own retort with silly perspectives....And it's "they are smarter >>THAN<< fans", (not >THEN< fans)
It's CLEAR that they've gotten the Seahawks their FIRST & ONLY LOMBARDI, while some of y'all Pete haters have done NOTHING BUT SNIVEL. :pukeface:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2u6py1h2 said:
What do you mean? We learned plenty.

We learned Carroll has little value left.

That he likely isn't a competent coach anymore and the NFL has passed him by.

That he not only refuses to learn and adapt, he may be so deluded that he can't (inability to process new concepts, ideas, and thoughts is a sign of senility btw)

And that this will be hilarious to watch as he both struggles and spins excuses.
Boy oh boy, if I were you I'd INSTANTLY quit being a Seahawks fan (show your non-support) for how Pete & Co. have screwed the franchise...I hear there's a LOT of room left on the Donko's Bandwagon. :lol: :177692:

emurri

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2uum5gse said:
emurri":2uum5gse said:
scutterhawk":2uum5gse said:
emurri":2uum5gse said:
I hope they actually get some tough questions. I am tired of these two idiots thinking they are smarter then everybody else when they haven’t done jack crap in years and just keep doing the same thing year after year.
Well the fact is, they are smarter than YOU = they have the paychecks, clout & positions that proves it. :stirthepot:
Wow, brilliant response! Yes they are smarter than me in regards to the NFL at least I would hope so but that doesn’t mean that just because they are smarter then fans means they should continue to have jobs. It is clear from the product they have put on the field that they are doing a terrible job and should be out of jobs.
You're answering your own retort with silly perspectives....And it's "they are smarter >>THAN<< fans", (not >THEN< fans)
It's CLEAR that they've gotten the Seahawks their FIRST & ONLY LOMBARDI, while some of y'all Pete haters have done NOTHING BUT SNIVEL. :pukeface:
He won something 10 years ago and you are content with that? How many playoff games has the great one won in the past 5 or 6 years? What is it going to take for you to stop defending these two? It’s clear by every metric that they have failed and instead of learning from these failures they keep making them. I can’t believe how many weakling fans we have that are so easily manipulated by such failures.