Seahawks Presser at 11am Wed-Sherm's extension signed!

Cartire

Reaction score
@JayGlazer: It's a new 4 year extension agreed upon with Richard Sherman making him top paid CB in league

ITS HAPPENING

Cartire

Reaction score
@AdamSchefter: Seahawks called a press conference for 2 ET at which most expect them to announce a new deal for CB Richard Sherman.

Btw, I'm only reporting these cause I know some .netters don't use twitter

OP
OP
H

heffmanhere

Reaction score
Brian McIntyre ‏@brian_mcintyre 4m

RT @JayGlazer: It's a new 4 year extension agreed upon with Richard Sherman making him top paid CB in league

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Hope that's four years on top of his contract year like Thomas's was, but I suspect it may not be since Sherm's final year of his rookie deal pays him peanuts.

Cartire

Reaction score
2441702-0720251747-origi.gif

Scottemojo

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2uv51yge said:
Hope that's four years on top of his contract year like Thomas's was, but I suspect it may not be since Sherm's final year of his rookie deal pays him peanuts.
Of course it is an extension. The big signing bonus takes care of this year's paltry salary.

Cartire

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2yqjzvsh said:

Signing bonus would negate any complaints about his paltry salary this year and play nicely with the cap.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2n664up3 said:
MidwestHawker":2n664up3 said:
Of course it is an extension. The big signing bonus takes care of this year's paltry salary.

It's pretty common to rip up the final year of the current contract in working out an extension. Anyway, I hope you're right.

Cartire

Reaction score
Scottemojo":s36xgckh said:
MidwestHawker":s36xgckh said:

I swear to god I typed and posted "paltry salary" before seeing your post. GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3rd3ytpf said:

Of course it is.

These are extensions .. not new deals. So basically we have Sherm for the next 5 years, just like Earl.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1ikn20no said:
guy on redditt = now and forever more reliable than shefter or breer.
You mean I may be wrong in not entirely trusting "guy on reddit"? The horror!!! :mrgreen:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Cartire":29rw2ylk said:
Scottemojo":29rw2ylk said:
MidwestHawker":29rw2ylk said:

I swear to god I typed and posted "paltry salary" before seeing your post. GET OUT OF MY HEAD!
Great minds.

Kooshster

Reaction score
Goodwin Seahawk":xmnt1vj5 said:
Whooo Hooo! Best CB in the league and best FS in the League - locked up for years. Wow, so awesome!!

Don't forget best SS locked up for years too.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":plxndfyp said:
Scottemojo":plxndfyp said:
MidwestHawker":plxndfyp said:

It's pretty common to rip up the final year of the current contract in working out an extension. Anyway, I hope you're right.

Thomas's final year was not ripped up, he just got a big chunk of his signing bonus to make up the difference. So I assume the same game plan contract wise will be used for Sherman.

It not only helps keep this year's cap number friendly, but it becomes a TRUE extension. If you rip up this year, then it's not an extension, and you lose a year on the deal.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Cartire":s2n9usqi said:
@AdamSchefter: Seahawks called a press conference for 2 ET at which most expect them to announce a new deal for CB Richard Sherman.

Btw, I'm only reporting these cause I know some .netters don't use twitter
Thanks. I have Twitter but I rarely check it.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
The report I just read on Twitter is that the press conference will happen within the hour!!! I hope it's about Sherm. Yahoo!!!!