Seahawks QB Russell Wilson named MVP by Pro Football Focus

Tusc2000

Reaction score
I wish they awarded an MVP and a Player Of The Year as separate categories. Russ deserved MVP, but Lamar deserved POY.

I agree Russ could have been doing everything Lamar is doing now, but he would likely be in the RG3 situation after a few years. There's a reason most RBs don't last long in this league, nor do QBs that get hit a dozen times every week.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It certainly helps that he didn't have Doug telling him how much he sucks all the time this year :stirthepot:

Tical21

Reaction score
austinslater25":2xha60kj said:
The further away you get from Seahawks land the more prevailing the thought that Seattle doesn't maximize it's situation with Wilson. That's interesting.
Is it? So, the less you know about the Seahawks situation, the more likely it is that you believe we should be passing more often. Think this one through again.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Tical21":2l8kqj8k said:
austinslater25":2l8kqj8k said:
The further away you get from Seahawks land the more prevailing the thought that Seattle doesn't maximize it's situation with Wilson. That's interesting.
Is it? So, the less you know about the Seahawks situation, the more likely it is that you believe we should be passing more often. Think this one through again.

1 thing that will never change Ticals ability to make statement without facts that are wrong and not on topic with the thread, but only his anti Wilson agenda. Forget nearly every expert out there agrees we are not maximizing Wilson, and forget to do so does not mean throw more as we threw 32 times a game with was 12th most. IT is nto about the attempts but the system, types and timing. Something that does not help you narrative, and something you have yet to grasp.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Him and I used to go back and forth a lot, but we're cool these days. I just always wondered what Russ did to him personally :lol:

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":15ccnc1y said:
Him and I used to go back and forth a lot, but we're cool these days. I just always wondered what Russ did to him personally :lol:

Simple Wilson was born

Ozzy

Reaction score
Tical21":3ondcaok said:
austinslater25":3ondcaok said:

First of all I never stated my opinion on the matter. Secondly if you don't want to engage with me why do you keep doing it? If you're trying to be civil and fresh start this then fine I'll provide an answer. I think your bias is clouding your Wilson judgement. Remember you're the guy who said 25 other guys could have done what Wilson did early in his career and if we re-sign him it CAN'T work and we won't continue winning year after year. Since you asked(sort of) I think it's a complicated issue. The offense in general is a good fit for Wilson. He's fantastic on the vertical stuff, helps with the running game, Doesn't make many bad decisions etc. But I think a slight move of the needle could unlock this offense and take it to another level, especially if the line was improved. I've also never said we should pass more but my issue has always been sequencing which Seattle apparently agreed because they passed more on first down than in years past. Which oddly you told me I was wrong about before this year, I guess Pete/Schott are wrong too. I'm rambling but it was never about throwing 50 times a game. It's about predictability, the types of passing, sequencing etc. Schott isn't terrible but I think the offense can be better and more consistent with changes and Wilson could be even better.

Tical21

Reaction score
Please don't mischaracterize my statements. I said 25 QBs would have won one Super Bowl with a roster that was for 5 years the best in the league by a considerable margin.

I never said we couldn't win with Russell if we re-signed him. Never once. Not even close. I, in-fact, promised it was the best route if you want to continue to remain competitive and make the playoffs every year, but not at all the best route if your ultimate goal is to win another Super Bowl.

Correlation != Causation as per the running game.

Here you go again with your "I guess Pete/Schott are wrong too" bs. Give over. That stuff is "I don't have an opinion of my own" so I'm going to be annoying 101. Was annoying when kids in grade school did it. You're an adult.

FWIW we scored more points in 18 than 19 by about 2 PPG. Was passing more a good thing?

Ozzy

Reaction score
So you try to give a lesson on correlation vs causation and then use the 2 PPG as proof passing more was a bad idea? So its not the multiple injuries along the whole offensive line, losing Dissly who looked like your #2 option early in the year, having your best receiver retire and then losing 3 running backs late in the year as well as playing a much tougher schedule? real strong argument Scott. Passing more I'm sure was the reason we were down 2 PPG, holy shit dude you can't be serious. And also since you screwed this up I didn't say passing more I said they passed more early on in downs which I think helped. Healthy line, Dissly back, healthy running backs and factoring in the competition yeah I feel pretty confident it was the smart thing to do.

Not paying Wilson would have been catastrophic for the Seahawks.

Quit with the childish "I don't have an opinion of my own" I just gave you a strong opinion and supported it with multiple reasons why I believe what I believe.

Do you want to have an adult conversation or not? If you're just wanting to be a dick then quit asking me questions. If you want to discuss it then fine I'll do that too. But this back and forth bullshit is stupid and gums up the board.

Tical21

Reaction score
Just make another alt, we can take it to Twitter.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Or how about you tweet at Alex Hill, Evans wife, kiss her ass as well as tweet at both of them and Ben daily but come in here and complain about them. For anyone curious take a look at Scott's Twitter account. It's embarrassing. Oh well many had a good laugh about it today.

I'm sure everyone in here will agree with you that's the 2 less PPG were because we passed more and not the multiple reasons I listed led by massive amounts of injuries at the skill positions and Offensive line let alone Wilson's MVP type season. You're embarrassing yourself. I loved that you ignored the critique and only posted an attempted insult. Lol

Tical21

Reaction score
austinslater25":2q8q4r9c said:
Or how about you tweet at Alex Hill, Evans wife, kiss her ass as well as tweet at both of them and Ben daily but come in here and complain about them. For anyone curious take a look at Scott's Twitter account. It's embarrassing. Oh well many had a good laugh about it today.

I'm sure everyone in here will agree with you that's the 2 less PPG were because we passed more and not the multiple reasons I listed led by massive amounts of injuries at the skill positions and offe since line let along Wilson's MVP type season. You're embarrassing yourself. I loved that you ignored the critique and only posted an attempted insult. Lol
Dude, are you really going to comment on Twitter accounts? Really? You? Of everyone. I get you’re obsessed with me and Ryan, but really?? Many had a laugh today? Like, I don’t think anybody else does that man.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
austinslater25":3pj4lg8h said:

I'm sure everyone in here will agree with you that's the 2 less PPG were because we passed more and not the multiple reasons I listed led by massive amounts of injuries at the skill positions and Offensive line let alone Wilson's MVP type season. You're embarrassing yourself. I loved that you ignored the critique and only posted an attempted insult. Lol

So far it is Austin 100 Tical 0. LOL

Ozzy

Reaction score
Tical21":wevn5kxi said:
austinslater25":wevn5kxi said:

I'm sure everyone in here will agree with you that's the 2 less PPG were because we passed more and not the multiple reasons I listed led by massive amounts of injuries at the skill positions and offe since line let along Wilson's MVP type season. You're embarrassing yourself. I loved that you ignored the critique and only posted an attempted insult. Lol
Dude, are you really going to comment on Twitter accounts? Really? You? Of everyone. I get you’re obsessed with me and Ryan, but really?? Many had a laugh today? Like, I don’t think anybody else does that man.

Says the guy who trolls multiple accounts daily and got caught. You're really going to call out anyone for trolling you? I honestly thought this would be tougher. I think your discord group of 4 people left you a little ill prepared for actual adult discussions. Still want to plant your flag on the extra passing being the problem?

Ozzy

Reaction score
And I'll eat pineapple on pizza all day.

Tical21

Reaction score
You’re really gonna quote me on your sig, inaccurately? You’re really gonna make up shit and hope people believe I said it? I say enough shit, at least have the decency to quote me accurately. Ffs. Lol you’re too much man. And then you tell me to be an adult. What’s your deal man?