Seahawks rank 27th in Run Scheme Diversity

cymatica

Reaction score
I would argue a couple of the better run offenses are in the same territory. The Niners are unique because it is basic but they disguise it well so it’s still tough on defenses and a lot of their success is the similarity of all their plays
This. They might call essentially the same runs, but they are disguised enough pre and post snap to make defenses think. That and CMac is the best RB in the league behind an online that's pretty good.

cymatica

Reaction score
Diversity is important, giving a white running back a chance to contribute has really paid off for SF. I was apprehensive at first, but once you embrace inclusivity, let’s face it we all win.
I just hope he will pave the way for more white running backs to be given a fair shot 🤭

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Well, Seahawks really didn’t need diversity when we had Lynch and a kick ass OL… unfortunately there aren’t many RB like Lynch and a kick ass OL is expensive. Even if we did have an elite OL, we’d probably trade the pieces away for another psychotic TE, and or other position of need players…

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
In reality we’ve had 2 good games offensively this season - against the Lions and Cowboys - the rest has been horrid (going off memory here so feel free to correct me) - so my question is:

What was different in those two games regarding the run game (and offense overall)?

sutz

Reaction score
Well, I will say I've been a bit disappointed in the "creative" part of the games this year.

cymatica

Reaction score
In reality we’ve had 2 good games offensively this season - against the Lions and Cowboys - the rest has been horrid (going off memory here so feel free to correct me) - so my question is:

What was different in those two games regarding the run game (and offense overall)?
I thought they weren't bad against the Panthers and Commanders. 1st quarter against the Browns was lights out.

Seems like the offense does better when they use the tight ends more AND keep the defense honest by not abandoning the run game

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I thought they weren't bad against the Panthers and Commanders. 1st quarter against the Browns was lights out.

Seems like the offense does better when they use the tight ends more AND keep the defense honest by not abandoning the run game
Panthers and commanders…..if I felt this team was on par with those two juggernauts I’d be impressed.