Seahawks reportedly turned down trade offer for Rashaad Penn

James in PA

Reaction score
PENNY, that is. I know lots in here would have done this deal. Lions were offering a 3rd rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toffee

Reaction score
Got to say Penny hasn't shown much of late, if anything, he has regressed.

massari

Reaction score
If they did trade him, they could've replaced him with Kenyan Drake for a conditional late rd pick, or somehow managed to get Mike Davis back.

Hopefully Schneider turned it down because he thinks he can get a 3rd for Penny after the season...

illmatik

Reaction score
A 3rd rounder would of been nice and surprised they were offered that. But if Carson went down I'd imagine that would really hurt for the stretch run. Maybe they don't have confidence in Travis Homer at all?

Rat

Reaction score
The Lions suck too, and would still have sucked with Penny. That's probably a nice pick we passed on, if the reports are true.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Still holding out hope for Mr. Penny, he's still thinking way too much.

sutz

Reaction score
Still not ready to dump an RB at this stage of the season. If we were running closer to .500 in the W/L column, sure, but we might just need Penny come January.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Penny, Penny, Penny. How I wish your last name was Chubb.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
He's one injury away from being the lead back on this team. For sure if we traded him, Carson goes down. Pete has learned not to leave yourself thin at key positions in his system and he needs RB's and OL to run the show with Wilson.

Granted the 3rd round has been a sweet spot for Schneider drafting (Wilson, Lockett, Griffin, Barton). But a draft pick is never a guarantee of success and we've had plenty of busts from that round (Darboh, Odhiambo, Hill, Prosise).

I still think Penny has potential. Just stuck behind a back that Pete really likes.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Rat":rf0d7c4p said:
The Lions suck too, and would still have sucked with Penny. That's probably a nice pick we passed on, if the reports are true.

Bo Scarborough had a good outing for them yesterday

kmeleon

Reaction score
I think it was smart to not pull the trigger for a 3rd rd pick when you consider one injury to Carson and you'd be thin as sh!t at RB. You don't leave yourself without a solid backup when you've got a potential deep playoff run season on the line. Not to say Penny is "solid" but he has flashed some show of talent in a few games. I believe he's one of those guys that's only going to shine if put under the lights. Hopefully Carson stays healthy and we don't have to find out.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1qfibaxd said:
He's one injury away from being the lead back on this team. For sure if we traded him, Carson goes down. Pete has learned not to leave yourself thin at key positions in his system and he needs RB's and OL to run the show with Wilson.

Granted the 3rd round has been a sweet spot for Schneider drafting (Wilson, Lockett, Griffin, Barton). But a draft pick is never a guarantee of success and we've had plenty of busts from that round (Darboh, Odhiambo, Hill, Prosise).

I still think Penny has potential. Just stuck behind a back that Pete really likes.

So what you are saying we are as about as good as a monkey rolling dice? BTW, Griffin is still a we'll see. Barton has done virtually zero.

Seymour

Reaction score
May as well double down on the madness. :roll:

He's never going to be the bell cow #1 back that Pete attempted to draft so why continue the pipe dream?? Weird.

:snack:

quadsas

Reaction score
bruh how do you reject a 3rd rounder? Must be fake news, no way they don't take that, highway robbery that

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Damn.. turned it down? Really, we find 7th rounders and FA's that are better.

Penny, needs to lose weight and run like a bat out of hell.. instead of a oinker.

HawkGA

Reaction score
illmatik":2o866yxd said:
A 3rd rounder would of been nice and surprised they were offered that. But if Carson went down I'd imagine that would really hurt for the stretch run. Maybe they don't have confidence in Travis Homer at all?

I'm guessing they were scared to lose the depth, which makes sense. That said, I would have taken the trade.