Seahawks sale?

Spohawks

Reaction score
If we all pitch in $10, we can select the 9th overall pick!
-Seattle Seahawks Owner

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Imagine the money Bezos would pump into the infrastructure and overhead of the Hawks. He would be my vote to buy the team and keep them competitive

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
Some of us have suspected for awhile that the team is headed for sale. These things take time, but as Thiel points out it is probably already in motion, although who knows about timing.

How else might we tell? Well, I wouldn't expect big signings of older veterans if there is anything to this, at least not to long-term contracts. It would force the Seahawks to think longer term, which of course is a better recipe for success. That presumes the Seahawks can draft better...

Good for Thiel pointing this out. He was very wrong on where the Seahawks were headed this offseason, but didn't gaslight those of us who disagreed with him. I think he's right this time around.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
John63":3ar9mc51 said:
Art Thiel with a short blurb on the expectation that hthe Seahawks will be eventually sold:
https://t.co/CC2i71GxUw
Me and a friend have a running gag that Jody Allen will eventually sell the team.

We’d like to buy the Seahawks but we are only a few billions dollars short.

Sorry. Maybe next year. Lol.

kf3339

Reaction score
A sale should have happened after the 2018 season. We needed a true owner instead of a caretaker this last three years.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
kf3339":x2byg5wp said:
A sale should have happened after the 2018 season. We needed a true owner instead of a caretaker this last three years.

On the Mike Salk show a few weeks ago, Huard was talking about why Jody Allen hasn't been allowed to sell the team due to some contract stipulation with the property management team and those high rise apartments that took up half the parking lot.

I can't find a link to support what I'm saying, but Huard said he was involved with the real estate process during that time period and knew the reasons why. The city did it so that Paul Allen wouldn't have been able to buy the team then turn around and sell it after he got the stadium built.