Seahawks Select 3 OG in the Draft

bsuhawk

Reaction score
A complete overhaul at the OG position. The only remaining player who played last year is Anthony Bradford. The Hawks also kept McClendon Curtis, who briefly played in one game. Players added in free agency are Laken Tomlinson and Tremayne Anchrum Jr. Players added in the draft are Christian Haynes, Sataoa Laumea, and Michael Jerrell (who played OT but projects to OG). I'm suddenly feeling much better about the IOL, especially the Guard position.

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
You forgot they signed George Fant, who was my Adopt-A-Rookie oh so many years ago. He provides depth at tackle. There is plenty of time between now and Training Camp, either to add a salary cap casualty or even find a diamond in the rough UDFA O-lineman. This line is young, and will grow. I expect them to be at least middling. Hopefully, that keeps Gino alive.

OP
OP
B

bsuhawk

Reaction score
You forgot they signed George Fant, who was my Adopt-A-Rookie oh so many years ago. He provides depth at tackle. There is plenty of time between now and Training Camp, either to add a salary cap casualty or even find a diamond in the rough UDFA O-lineman. This line is young, and will grow. I expect them to be at least middling. Hopefully, that keeps Gino alive.
I consider Fant strictly a Tackle, not a Guard. However, you're right about him providing much-needed depth at Tackle, especially considering Lucas's knee issue. Forsythe really struggled last year.

Scout

Reaction score
So with a new coaching staff on board and Grubb's clearly saw a need to reset the interior OL. Also it is a sign that they see Olu have a future given they didn't draft a center and Nick Harris is firmly his backup. Other players can cover center in a pinch but I think LG and RG is where Grubbs and Mac wanted to improve the most.

James in PA

Reaction score
It's great to see this organization finally valuing this position. Long overdue! Go Hawks!

sutz

Reaction score
Remember, Fant is also a TE when needed. :)

OL looks really young now, with a couple of old guys for seasoning. But hell, new staff, new guys.

xray

Reaction score
Finally some grasp of the need .

nanomoz

Reaction score
Im not sure Tomlinson will even make the roster. I suspect John is really high on Curtis.

Scout

Reaction score
Tomlinson is a measuring stick for the young interior OL. If they can beat him out then they have earned their roster spots.

Jville

Reaction score
Steve Hutchinson is a valuable member of the scouting effort.

His influence made itself evident this year. Big Time!