Seahawks Sign LSU Track Standout Cyril Grayson

nash72

Reaction score
T.O. was on ESPN today capping on this pickup. He said its degrading to actual receivers with skills trying to make it in the NFL. The other guy asked who that might be and T.O. said 'Me'. L0l

chris98251

Reaction score
nash72":8bd38b5i said:
T.O. was on ESPN today capping on this pickup. He said its degrading to actual receivers with skills trying to make it in the NFL. The other guy asked who that might be and T.O. said 'Me'. L0l

This is coming from a guy that had Renaldo Nehemiah on his team.

mikeak

Reaction score
Lots of players have. Even signed that didn't play football in years. Some of them pans out others don't.

chrispy

Reaction score
I'm curious to see if he shows up in S Cal. Unique situation: rookie under contract before the draft. If he could get a little exposure to that group it might make a big difference....

RW92

Reaction score
By God we finally sign someone who has SPEED and will put fear into the other team. I don't care how small he is. He has the unteachable; Speed.

I'll give you one this time John. Keep it going.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
RW92":3h5587or said:
By God we finally sign someone who has SPEED and will put fear into the other team. I don't care how small he is. He has the unteachable; Speed.

I'll give you one this time John. Keep it going.

:2thumbs: He adds to the competition. It's all win .... win.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
WARNING: Negative, dismissive, arrogant and un-Seahawky pessimists may find this positive upbeat link objectionable. So do yourself and the rest of us a courtesy .... just skip it .... don't read it.

For anyone who enjoys positive and optimistic Seahawk story lines, this Fri Apr. 14, 2017 article by Robert Klemko may be of interest ......... Behold, a life-changing 72 hours for Cyril Grayson.>>> [urltargetblank]https://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/14/seahawks-sign-lsu-sprinter-cyril-grayson-wide-receiver[/urltargetblank]

mikeak

Reaction score
Jville":2fvbzfrs said:
[urltargetblank]https://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/14/seahawks-sign-lsu-sprinter-cyril-grayson-wide-receiver[/urltargetblank][/color]

This is such a great read and I have found my adopt a rookie guy even before the draft

Ed Dodds should be commended for what he did. All the other guys that are working out at LSU pro-day are going into the draft. Dodds is in town to watch LSU guys and there is one of them that he can sign right away. He put the Seahawks first on that list by buying dinner to the guy. Dinner....... we are talking about teams with $150million plus in payrolls for players and sitting down and not having dinner by himself but with a different person put us first. Now Grayson may or may not pan out but that is irrelevant. Before he knew if he would be interested Dodds made the smart play. And regardless buying dinner for a guy that doesn't have much money should never be frowned upon

Then to just get the ticket setup and going the next day - equally smart

The kid sound smart, hard working and dedicated. Talked to his family about switching to football making a joint decision, calling them before signing to make them part of it. Tells me he is grounded

Saying he couldn't drop a football - knowing that he was an outlier looking at a one-time shot in front of those scouts. If he ever tried again it would be against of others looking just like him trying to get a spot at one of the new camps NFL does for undrafted players that has to pay to be there...... Kid knew what was at stake

Had friends help him out and saying they will be paid back - loyal

I don't know if he makes the team, barely hangs on as a special teamer or become a sensation - doesn't matter. It is a great story and I am glad people like that get an opportunity in life and now for the sake of Seahawks I hope it works out

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":1dsghlq9 said:
Go routes all day long!
Behind this offensive line our QB has less than 2.5 seconds to get the ball out so we cannot run go routes often if at all.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
So they signed him to a three-year contract, with none of it guaranteed? I think this is the kind of deal people were discussing in another thread. So essentially, the Hawks come out smelling like a rose no matter what. If he doesn't pan out, he gets cut and the only investment is whatever signing bonus he received and his training camp money. If he looks good and makes the practice squad or roster, I'm thinking he'd get the standard practice squad deal or the league rookie minimum for the first year and the veteran minimum each of the next two years.
At least he can afford food now on road trips.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Contract details from Over-the-Cap list the signing as only a one year try out with no signing bonus for the non guaranteed league minimum of $465K. $465K is listed as his cap number.

Other sites are describing it as a a standard rookie minimum 3 year contract.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2y2wn3g1 said:
Ace_Rimmer":2y2wn3g1 said:
Go routes all day long!
Behind this offensive line our QB has less than 2.5 seconds to get the ball out so we cannot run go routes often if at all.

The remarks of "Ace_Rimmer" are about the future and are directed toward the building of a team for 2017. Try and keep up.

And with regards to long tall receivers, try looking at the "current" roster that is being assembled for 2017.

Again, try and keep up.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Practice fodder to fill in reps in TC that Lockett won't be ready for.
Anything else is a bonus, this year, next year, or year after.

Since we lost Jameson Konz, maybe try this kid at TE?
Or fill in that big gap on the roster where Krisjan Sokoli used to be, and some OL help to get us over the hump?
I mean, the kid's an athlete, anything is possible.
</sarcasm>

Just Pete and John trying to make TC more competitive. Sometimes these guys actually turn into NFL players. Often with other teams. Sokoli is in the league at last check, but back on the defensive side of the ball. Then, that college BBall player TE guy, he became a legit TE for some other team after we couldn't keep him. Someone I'm sure knowshis name offhand. Sweezy doesn't really count, as he was a draft pick who played college ball, not an out-of-the-blue developmental pickup.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Congratulations to Cyril Grayson Jr. :2thumbs: [tweet]https://twitter.com/thec1_/status/862395824491253760[/tweet]