Seahawks sign offensive lineman DJ Fluker

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Maybe Joeckel should make some strategic resume changes and list "McDonalds burger flipper" instead of "Seahawks OL" for the 2017 season. He might get more interest.

toffee

Reaction score
original poster":3t2lv100 said:
I’m amazed he went for a deal like that.

With the offensive lineman problem this league has you’d struggle to convince me that another team wouldn’t have paid him more than this.

He must really want to be here (with Solari). Good for him, hope he works out.

I am liking that he choose to join the Seahawks just to reunite with old coach. He should be serviceable but with limited upside.

Problem with our OL is lacking of youngsters that displayed star potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nanomoz

Reaction score
Rob Staton said Fluker is only guaranteed $300k. This is the definition of a savvy low-risk/high-reward move.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Put his fat butt at left guard (I know he's not really fat but he is massive). If he is a road grader,,,great. I could give two craps about the right side of the line. I want a consistent LT, a fat LG that destroys people and a smart center. Do what you want with the rest.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Welp if he wins the starting job he'll have to block Donald/Suh for two games. Hope you're up for it Flukes!

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Fluker looks so much more comfortable at RT than guard. He's able to make up a lot of ground on the outside with his footwork and 37'' arms. He's just not an explosive, north-south guy inside. In pass protection, he gets scrambled a lot when playing guard. Hope Solari and the team reverse course with Fluker at RT, Ifedi at RG. Plenty of time for that to happen.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
12forlife":32fx34z2 said:
vin.couve12":32fx34z2 said:
Again, I'd like to see Beavers get a shot at LG. It would be the biggest, strongest OL we've had since forever. I got really, really tired of watching those 6'6 ballerina twinkle toes gaurds literally just get shoved out of the way like a rag doll last year. Joekel and Pocic were just bad. Both of them severely lacking strength to play in the interior. Maybe Pocic puts on a lot of muscle, but I think he's the backup RT at this point who can play gaurd in a pinch. Dude needs to hit the weights as bad as Fant did.

Amen!! Although it has been stated that Pocic has been bulking up, I would like to see what he has to offer @ C. If he can show he has what it takes to start, then trade Britt for a draft pick. It would be nice to land a true stud in the draft, there is some solid interior lineman in this draft, with our draft capital being so poor in the early rounds, and probably having to trade down, unlikely to happen (my pipe dream), I wish we could land Isaiah Wynn & Nick Chubb :drool: . Our run game would once again be a strength.

LT - Brown
LG - Wynn
C - Britt / Pocic
RG - Fluker
RT - Ifedi

Pocic said today he's put on 20 pounds. :shock: He was listed at 309, so 329?

The interview was with two Baton Rouge radio guys, they said he looked huge compared to the last time they saw him.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Ideal lineup pre-draft, IMO.

LT - Brown, Fant
LG - Pocic, Roos
C - Britt, Pocic
RG - Ifedi, Roos
RT - Fluker, Fant

vin.couve12

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3evvj1hs said:
12forlife":3evvj1hs said:
vin.couve12":3evvj1hs said:
Again, I'd like to see Beavers get a shot at LG. It would be the biggest, strongest OL we've had since forever. I got really, really tired of watching those 6'6 ballerina twinkle toes gaurds literally just get shoved out of the way like a rag doll last year. Joekel and Pocic were just bad. Both of them severely lacking strength to play in the interior. Maybe Pocic puts on a lot of muscle, but I think he's the backup RT at this point who can play gaurd in a pinch. Dude needs to hit the weights as bad as Fant did.

Amen!! Although it has been stated that Pocic has been bulking up, I would like to see what he has to offer @ C. If he can show he has what it takes to start, then trade Britt for a draft pick. It would be nice to land a true stud in the draft, there is some solid interior lineman in this draft, with our draft capital being so poor in the early rounds, and probably having to trade down, unlikely to happen (my pipe dream), I wish we could land Isaiah Wynn & Nick Chubb :drool: . Our run game would once again be a strength.

LT - Brown
LG - Wynn
C - Britt / Pocic
RG - Fluker
RT - Ifedi

Pocic said today he's put on 20 pounds. :shock: He was listed at 309, so 329?

The interview was with two Baton Rouge radio guys, they said he looked huge compared to the last time they saw him.
Saw that. Pocic is definitely now back in play at LG. Fluker is penciled in at RG and this should be the biggest, strongest line we've had in quite some time. If they show conviction in the run game this year it should be fun to watch.

Edit: to clarify, I heard coach say that he's at 322 pounds.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Fluker has never graded as highly at guard as he has at right tackle. He's not an explosive piledriver off the line of scrimmage. He has strong hands that he uses to control and turn edge defenders. Inside, he's not an impressive player.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
hawknation2018":38gctkeu said:
Fluker has never graded as highly at guard as he has at right tackle. He's not an explosive piledriver off the line of scrimmage. He has strong hands that he uses to control and turn edge defenders. Inside, he's not an impressive player.
You could be right, but we've heard from PC that there are no plans to move Ifedi and we've also heard from both PC and JS that Fluker is playing RG. Solari also had him playing RG last year.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
On top of that, I'm kind of anxious to see Fluker square up on Suh on an inside zone or iso. Doesn't matter which. Fight fire with fire, meow.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":g73e2isq said:
Maybe Joeckel should make some strategic resume changes and list "McDonalds burger flipper" instead of "Seahawks OL" for the 2017 season. He might get more interest.

Hmmm Maybe Seahawks revolving door man...it is an art to be a door man. :twisted: :stirthepot: