Seahawks Social Media and Fan Sites Crap Out Diamonds

mrt144

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/danmorse_/status/1143247542508904448[/tweet]

While we may not be fully aboard the analytics wagon, there are a few names there that have done good work with analysis of both tape and data and have found employment in pursuing those very subjects with larger sites or teams themselves. It's heartening in a way - yes, if you work hard and dedicate yourself to a subject and immerse yourself in it and then promote that work ceaselessly you can get noticed by the very institutions you are operating outside of.

I've been particularly fond of Sam R Gold and donated to his Patreon out of pocket before he was picked up by The Athletic. Here's a dude covering the Seahawks who isn't at his very core a Seahawks fan (he roots for the Skins). But he has professional outlook and capability that get noticed and recognized and he continues his work on our guys. It's a treat.

I wonder if there are any .net folks who will make the leap? ;)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
KiwiHawk":38nre7u9 said:
Why did they leave off .Net's own Doug Farrar?

Yeah no kidding. Doug has done quite well for himself since the days of being .NET's Editor-in-Chief.

OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1rpa89un said:

Probably not a robust Twitter presence which is where the entire thing was derived from and dispersed. I don't see any blue check Doug Farrars in my search.

Edit: HE BLOCKED ME!

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
I think Doug chose to be totally biased on the Hawks for now. He doesn't want to show favoritism. Unlike some other writers. He wants to be a professional about it.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Aros":zl94wxnu said:
KiwiHawk":zl94wxnu said:

Yeah no kidding. Doug has done quite well for himself since the days of being .NET's Editor-in-Chief.

How much did you have to Pay Doug to do that?

chris98251

Reaction score
Wenhawk":vwmckssv said:
Aros":vwmckssv said:
KiwiHawk":vwmckssv said:

How much did you have to Pay Doug to do that?

Had to read his stuff, it was good but like others here he had tantrums if you challenged it. That led to some issues that must have went on behind the scenes.

Doesn't discount his contributions, he seemed to just grow out of the environment and the accolades that came he may have lost touch with his foundation and initial support.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
While his writing was good, he was a bit of a butthead, IMHO. He hated Yankee fans and we would knock heads over that. When we went to the last pre-season at Cheney, I actually mooned him....."This is from a Yankee fan." LOL

Good times!

Latest posts