Seahawks still #2 overall DVOA

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
According to Football Outsiders, the loss... er, win against the Rams did not move the Seahawks up or down much in the standings.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2013/week-8-dvoa-ratings

Of particular note, from this point on, the Seahawks have the 23rd hardest schedule, while in the division only the Arizona Cardinals (the 27th hardest) have an easier one. The 49ers have the 9th toughest schedule, while the Rams face the hardest schedule remaining in the entire league.

Also of note is the fact that these rankings do not factor in such considerations as losing or gaining key players, which we'll see quite a bit of over the next few games. Factor all of this in, and it won't be surprising to me to see us pull away from the rest of the pack over the second half of the season.

AgentDib

Reaction score
IMO strength of schedule should not include divisional play. The Rams still have to play all three NFC west opponents on the road, so of course their schedule is going to look particularly difficult when those games are factored in.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
AgentDib":3ebsfa91 said:
IMO strength of schedule should not include divisional play. The Rams still have to play all three NFC west opponents on the road, so of course their schedule is going to look particularly difficult when those games are factored in.

But wouldn't you agree that playing on the road or at home makes a big difference? You're implying divisional games do not display any type of home field advantage.

The fact that the Rams have all three of their NFC West games left on the road is exactly why their schedule is the hardest...

knewch

Reaction score
"Of particular note, from this point on, the Seahawks have the 23rd hardest schedule, while in the division only the Arizona Cardinals (the 27th hardest) have an easier one. The 49ers have the 9th toughest schedule, while the Rams face the hardest schedule remaining in the entire league."

Also interesting to see that NO has the 7th toughest schedule remaining. I imagine mostly due to having to play Carolina twice (#4 in DVOA).

DavidSeven

Reaction score
How does this fit into the .NET narrative of the sky falling after a divisional road win?

The Radish

Reaction score
What is DVOA?

Disputed Virgins of America?? or perhaps Disrupted Virgins of America???

The only stat I'm interested in is 7-1

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
The Radish":26nmwti8 said:
What is DVOA?

Disputed Virgins of America?? or perhaps Disrupted Virgins of America???

The only stat I'm interested in is 7-1

Which is also #2 overall... turns out... so put that in your cap and smoke it.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I say screw the rankings . I personally get no value from what another entity feels about the Seahawks.

I am so jacked for this football team that I can't wait for the next snap. They JUST WIN. Injuries, penalties, road games, 10AM, turnovers and crazy schemes are not enough to take down Hawks.

The Seahawks laugh at the power rankings. :)

Hawks46

Reaction score
knewch":3pn3r1ny said:
"Of particular note, from this point on, the Seahawks have the 23rd hardest schedule, while in the division only the Arizona Cardinals (the 27th hardest) have an easier one. The 49ers have the 9th toughest schedule, while the Rams face the hardest schedule remaining in the entire league."

Also interesting to see that NO has the 7th toughest schedule remaining. I imagine mostly due to having to play Carolina twice (#4 in DVOA).

They play the Panthers twice, us, and the Niners. That's a ton of physical teams in the 2nd half of the year; they could get really beat up overall.

Meanwhile, we have 3 easier games, most of our games left are at home, and only two really tough teams plus the Rams left. It's likely if we beat either the Niners or the Saints, there won't be much to play for for either team in that last Rams game. We could be resting starters.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Hawks46":22972e0b said:
knewch":22972e0b said:

They play the Panthers twice, us, and the Niners. That's a ton of physical teams in the 2nd half of the year; they could get really beat up overall.

Meanwhile, we have 3 easier games, most of our games left are at home, and only two really tough teams plus the Rams left. It's likely if we beat either the Niners or the Saints, there won't be much to play for for either team in that last Rams game. We could be resting starters.

Did you forget what happened last year at the Clink? Hardly a "gimme game"!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2t02pu4w said:
Hawks46":2t02pu4w said:
knewch":2t02pu4w said:

Did you forget what happened last year at the Clink? Hardly a "gimme game"!

Pretty sure the poster is suggesting our #1seeding would not be jeopardized by the outcome of the final game (which I'm not sure I agree with).

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
If we win out going into the Rams game, we will have mathematically clinched HFA thorughout. So yes, in that case we could rest our starters. No sense Wilson starting vs the Rams in that scenario.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Hawks46":2ujuhmln said:
knewch":2ujuhmln said:

Screw resting starters. That's the worst thing they can do. They need to play a good portion of the game. Especially with HFA, too much rest is never good unless injured

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Interesting, we moved down 2.0% and the Broncos moved up 2.0% from last week. Crap. On the other hand, the ridiculous scoring streak in the second half the Broncos managed to get didn't impress Football Outsiders very much at all, which is why I love them. They're not blinded by shiny pennies.

Radish...You're killin' me. Do me a favor, and read this: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/info/methods

The Radish

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2r2d4hv5 said:
Interesting, we moved down 2.0% and the Broncos moved up 2.0% from last week. Crap. On the other hand, the ridiculous scoring streak in the second half the Broncos managed to get didn't impress Football Outsiders very much at all, which is why I love them. They're not blinded by shiny pennies.

Radish...You're killin' me. Do me a favor, and read this: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/info/methods

If its stats I'm killing you about,,,,,,,GOOD!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The Radish":24jayufh said:

Old man, amend your ways! Perhaps if I compare it against cars...Hmm. Almost all NFL stats are like old Yugos. Worthless. A few are new Ford Tauruses. Solid, but nothing special. One, in particular, is a brand-new Pagani with your name on it, and that Pagani is DVOA.

The Radish

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":8ndp8b24 said:
The Radish":8ndp8b24 said:

Old man, amend your ways! Perhaps if I compare it against cars...Hmm. Almost all NFL stats are like old Yugos. Worthless. A few are new Ford Tauruses. Solid, but nothing special. One, in particular, is a brand-new Pagani with your name on it, and that Pagani is DVOA.

You're never going to get me interested in any football stats except wins and losses.

So why do you keep trying to change my games to yours?

I'll wager that years from now more people will still prefer 7-1 to DVOA and not care a lick!

:roll: