Seahawks supporter charged with assaulting rival fan at Cent

Jville

Reaction score
Here is a reason for undercover police at Century Link

With the Vikings losing the Nov. 4, 2012 game, Copp and his wife got up to leave towards the end of the game to beat traffic and exchanged a few more jokes with other fans, when William D. Van Meveren allegedly "sucker-punched" him, according to a detective who filed the assault report.
[urltargetblank]http://mynorthwest.com/11/2346228/Seahawks-supporter-charged-with-assaulting-rival-fan-at-CenturyLink-Field[/urltargetblank]

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Ban that fool from attending any more events at C-Link.

No need for that non sense.

Seriously, what a low life sob.

pmedic920

Reaction score
They say it takes all kinds to make the world go round. I don't think this guy gets to be included. I agree, should be banned for life and charged with criminal trespass if he ever comes back.

hawkfan333

Reaction score
yeah get rid of that piece of crap. words are one thing but getting physical is just unacceptable

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
That was in our section, I remember that guy.

What a douche.

There was some idiots in the row in front of us who went up to join whatever the fracas was who also got arrested.

Morons.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
It needs to be posted outside the Clink, that, if you pull this kind of bullshit, you'll never be allowed to attend another game there. AND, your name and picture goes out to all other Pro stadiums. :141847_bnono:
This kind of butt crack cavity will ruin it for everyone else if he's allowed to get away with it.

Latte Thunder

Reaction score
Another reason to watch at home instead of going. NFL wants more people to go to the games and buy $10 beers, yet alcohol is almost always involved in these fights. Quite the dilemma.

Rocket

Reaction score
It's hypocritical to sell beer and to demand perfect demeanor when "tribal nature" is encouraged.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I would be fully in favor of taking whatever steps necessary to get rid of this sort of crap at sporting events. It's inexcusable that we have to worry about whether stadiums are safe to go watch a game. There was a thread recently about whether it was safe for a couple of Seahawks fans to go to Candlestick, which myself and several other posters live near. How pathetic is it that the unanimous answer was NO, it is literally dangerous to go watch your favorite sports team there?

I think it's low-brow to relentlessly heckle, but at least that's not genuinely unsafe. Throwing beers, pushing people, threatening physical harm... it's pitiful. Only scum does that.

nsport

Reaction score
This is true at all stadiums - name a stadium and I bet there are stories every week. I would be willing to bet this incident was way up in the cheap seats where more money is spent on beer than tickets. Not excusing it in any way - but let's not single out Seattle. I believe this is a problem in all stadiums - college, pro, and even high school. I'd be a fan of enforcing conduct issues in real-time rather than hoping that someone takes the time to text the "conduct police". More ushers, more police - this is what the NFL needs until the conduct improves.

Fanatics

Reaction score
jkitsune":2402syrz said:
I would be fully in favor of taking whatever steps necessary to get rid of this sort of crap at sporting events. It's inexcusable that we have to worry about whether stadiums are safe to go watch a game. There was a thread recently about whether it was safe for a couple of Seahawks fans to go to Candlestick, which myself and several other posters live near. How pathetic is it that the unanimous answer was NO, it is literally dangerous to go watch your favorite sports team there?

I think it's low-brow to relentlessly heckle, but at least that's not genuinely unsafe. Throwing beers, pushing people, threatening physical harm... it's pitiful. Only scum does that.
That is strange to hear, I live in the bay area and I go see the 49er/Seahawk game every year and I have never witnessed anything like this. I have had much "debate" with a few of the fans, probably every time, but I have always taken it as normal. I usually come up to the clink as well yearly and I see the same type of trash talking between fans but once again, nothing like this story. I know everyone's experience is different but Candlestick fans are not as enthusiastic as the clink, who is really, but they are not thugs.

Just wanted to state my experience's.

Latest posts