Seahawks were looking at a WR for 1st round pick

nwgamer

Reaction score
I think working with JG and our other tall receivers would likely humble this guy. I seriously don't think he has the motivation as of yet. Crap bench reps and vert for a man his size imo.. This man could either really benefit from a good mentor or may just be beyond that. I could see him riding the back of the depth chart for a season to "learn how to be a pro".

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
In his latest mock draft Daniel Jeremiah has DGB going to the Bengals at 21.

I wonder if there is a feeling that DGB impressed with his recent interviews?

titan3131

Reaction score
heres another great late round or UFA option

"As posted on Twitter, receiver Shakim Phillips, the UConn transfer who entered the season considered as a draftable prospect by scouts but struggled with injury all last year, timed in the 4.3s today"

this guy is 6"3

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2fpebsxh said:
After last years swing and miss with Richardson this isn't a surprise is it.
You shittin me? look at the last few games before Richardson got hurt. He was starting to fit in nicely.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1hky81ru said:
Uh what? He was getting to be a serious go to guy before that freak injury. But hey the way most on .Net seem down on this Beckham guy makes me seriously hope we take a chance on him. I mean most were spot on about our Mizzou RT right?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":139i4zyv said:

Richardson was firmly performing as a #2 receiver. Being targeted and converting 3rd downs with some regularity.

It's a shame he reinjured the same knee from college. Probably misses this entire season. But I really liked his production. And most importantly, I saw a guy who can be effective in the short/intermediate routes. Something that was a bit of a knock on him in college. He developed very well in his first year and blossomed with the departure of Harvin.

I wouldn't dismiss his value for us. I think he fits in very well with what we want. Wish he were able to contribute for 2015, but that looks very unlikely.

titan3131

Reaction score
And I have to mention that richardson had 0 drops this year.

Just lacked the quantity.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
titan3131":qb6tridv said:
And I have to mention that richardson had 0 drops this year.

Just lacked the quantity.

To get a sense of how well he finished:

44 targets all year. 22 (50%) in his final 4 games.

At that level, he would have been very close to matching the 98 targets for Baldwin. Baldwin was the undisputed #1 receiver and had 28 targets in that same four game span. Richardson had supplanted Kearse in volume as he managed 14 targets in that same span.

Richardson was very close to matching Baldwin's quantity on a game to game basis by the end of the year. I would not have been shocked to see his opportunities begin to vamp targets to Baldwin as well.

Richardson wasn't merely reliable with the catches. His catch rate to targets was a very good 65%. And his 3rd down conversion rates per target were very good. Wilson clearly was developing a comfort level with Paul that should have seen his numbers climb rapidly.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
The problem I and many pro scouts had before the draft was his ability to stay healthy and win contested catches in the NFL . He saw very little playing time and STILL blew out his knee, he didn't show any real ability to catch contested deep balls in the limited snaps he saw either. Hopefully he can come back and warrant that second round pick but he has an uphill battle and injury was predictable based on his diminutive frame.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1da76xhw said:
The problem I and many pro scouts had before the draft was his ability to stay healthy and win contested catches in the NFL . He saw very little playing time and STILL blew out his knee, he didn't show any real ability to catch contested deep balls in the limited snaps he saw either. Hopefully he can come back and warrant that second round pick but he has an uphill battle and injury was predictable based on his diminutive frame.
He fell awkwardly and tore his acl...nothing to do with his "diminutive frame" so...

netskier

Reaction score
Plus, they rarely had him run deep to utilize his extreme speed, but instead mostly ran him short thru the middle through heavy traffic through heavy hitters. Not the best way to maximize the investment in a fast, skinny, wiry guy.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3udean9d said:
In his latest mock draft Daniel Jeremiah has DGB going to the Bengals at 21.

I wonder if there is a feeling that DGB impressed with his recent interviews?

He's 6-5 and runs a 4.49/40 .. kid is an athletic freak. That eventually will trump any off-field issues for a player.

I don't see him falling into the 2nd round.. but if he did, we'd be fools not to try to move up for him

Seafan

Reaction score
LTH":2k7gza17 said:
It will be interesting to see if they draft Phillip Dorsett... he should be there at the Hawks 2nd round pick maybe even the 3rd....

Dorsett won't make it past 50.