Seahawks Will Be Playing in Super Bowl 52...Book It

James in PA

Reaction score
I agree. Atlanta is in for a big hangover season after that game. Hawks and Dallas should be the top 2 NFC teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boom84

Reaction score
I'd love the Seahawks to win Super Bowl XLII, however the roster as it stands today is not getting there without some notable upgrades. Notably shoring up the offensive line, finding some DTs who can really push the interior of the pocket (specifically for teams like NE), consistently run the football (again to counter NE), shore up the CB2 spot, then cultivate some younger faster defenders for depth.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Boom84":13cgesc1 said:
I'd love the Seahawks to win Super Bowl XLII, however the roster as it stands today is not getting there without some notable upgrades.

Namely a time machine, because the Giants won Super Bowl XLII ;)

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Too early to say but if we can put a half decent O-line on the field and have some more luck regarding injuries then we should be one of the favorites.

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
For the tailgaters and those that will be partying in the streets afterwords:

Historical Weather - Minneapolis, MN
Month - February

Avg. High: 28°
Avg. Low: 10°

Rec. High: 57° (2000)
Rec. Low: -35° (1996)

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Atradees":36spi1ef said:
Are we 8 to 1 odds to win next year?

Calaise Cambell and Joe Thomas will probably take all the credit (because we will sign them!)

Honestly, that's about what it would take.

I'm actually all for that. The way this draft is, you are going to get stars in the secondary if you go that way. But our biggest team deficiencies is OT and interior pass rush. If we try to build that through the draft, I think we most likely won't see significant improvement until 2018. And the options aren't going to be as good relatively speaking as opposed to going another way.

And in the end, it seems like a very Schneider thing to do. I think Seattle badly wants to go hard on the secondary/LB talent in this draft. Solving the biggest deficiencies outside the draft allows them to go that way.

That all said, I also think we're looking at a situation where competitors are on the rise. Dallas certainly. Carolina should improve significantly with their rookie secondary entering their 2nd year. Plus the alpha talent they'll add this year. They had a lot of unlucky losses. Atlanta -- I have to think this loss will cripple them for a season. Although they could be better talent wise next year. They just may not be firing on all cylinders.

On the AFC side, the Raiders looked a lot like we did in 2012. Kansas City is another Seahawks doppleganger. Pats -- they're the Jason of the NFL. And I kind of think the Titans are poised to really become a factor in the AFC. A capable offense, with good defensive pieces, but needing some secondary to become whole. They are a team that knows what they want to be as a physical team, and have the ability to force games their way. They could make a 3-4 win jump record wise.

The landscape looks a lot tougher this upcoming year. Who will be the surprise team in the NFC that goes from 7 wins to 11-12? Hard to see at this point. Does Arizona bounce back from the hangover of losing so grotesquely in the NFCCG last year? Guessing it'll be hard with all of the UFA losses they'll suffer.

I don't think Seattle will be in as advantageous of a position next season as they were this year. We were a win away from the 2nd seed. A similar effort very likely doesn't make us competitive for that first round bye.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The team I'd be worried about is GB. The reason they started out so slowly is that they had a lot of young players they were relying on. They will be a year older and more experienced, plus the draft is setting up to help them out with edge rushers and CB's.

I'm not too worried about Dallas. From what I have read, they're in real cap trouble. Like, not being able to sign both of their safeties and maybe Claiborne (one of their starting CB's). Not like their secondary was really good last year either. They also might not be able to keep their OL completely together.

I expect Carolina to bounce back. They're going to give Atlanta a run for the division, which is now much tougher. Couple that with NO and TB, and I see the Falcons having a hangover year.

You have to look at our division first and foremost. AZ....we can't expect Palmer to get magically better while getting a year older. Their defense will still be good and they draft well, but they're going to have problems with that offense, especially against our defense.

SF has too many holes to fill, and as of right now, they're unsettled at QB. Also, a new HC means a new offensive system. That usually takes 1 year to totally implement. Look at Atlanta this year vs. last year for an example.

The Rams are also going to be down still. Goff is a question mark, but I don't see enough of him yet to make an impact this next year. They also lack decent skill players on the outside. Their OL also is pretty bad. I just don't see it next year, also with a new coach and new offense (and possibly defensive) system. Don't they have a DC that loves the 3-4, yet have 4-3 personnel ?

Jase

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/828636251611766784[/tweet]

Latest posts