Seahawks working out QB Josh Johnson

mikeak

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":1m3i01k0 said:
Hard to believe Russ is entering his seventh season and we still don't have a developmental QB behind him. I'd love to understand the FO philosophy on this. Not like it's the most important position in all of sports or anything...

It really is simple

1) You have a QB but lack at other positions so you don’t spend good draft picks on QB

2) Doesn’t matter how much you train most guys can never play an in this league. It is a crapshoot with 1st round guys. So you think they should keep roster spots for guys that MAYBE can play in three years in addition to a backup an???

I am totally fine with serviceable backups and hope for RW to stay healthy

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
brimsalabim":afpl26qe said:
What Would Belichick Do?
Draft a QB in the 7th round that had never played a snap of college ball, then turn around and trade him for a first round draft pick.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
That was the worst I've seen Davis play so far. The fact that he completely fell apart after was troubling but the O-line in the second half was atrocious to so...

brimsalabim

Reaction score
mikeak":16r5ffzd said:
chris98251":16r5ffzd said:
The collusion case gets settled here soon, he would be viable and I am sure there is a friendly deal we could reach, now that the case will be determined there will be less distraction away from whomever signs him after the first week or so.

Signing him now would clear the collusion case....

So take one for the league? Maybe if he is willing to sign a realistic contract. If he turns out to be a good fit then great. If he sucks then he is done In the NFL with no one else to blame. The other guys we are looking at would probably still be available if Kaep doesn’t work out.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1vinug27 said:
brimsalabim":1vinug27 said:
What Would Belichick Do?
Draft a QB in the 7th round that had never played a snap of college ball, then turn around and trade him for a first round draft pick.

What Belichick did...
Drafted Jimmy Garoppolo in the 2nd round in 2014. Allowed Garoppolo to develop behind Brady for roughly 3 years, seeing spot duty when Brady was suspended. Traded Garoppolo in 2017 to the Niners for a 2nd round 2018 pick.

I mean, it's not a bad question to ask, "WWBBD?" but the actual answer doesn't reveal any magic on Belichick's part. In fact, to me it seems like Belichick and the Patriots got fleeced on the trade, not coming out with a 1st round pick for Garoppolo.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
olyfan63":16d1h6om said:
Spin Doctor":16d1h6om said:
brimsalabim":16d1h6om said:
What Would Belichick Do?

What Belichick did...
Drafted Jimmy Garoppolo in the 2nd round in 2014. Allowed Garoppolo to develop behind Brady for roughly 3 years, seeing spot duty when Brady was suspended. Traded Garoppolo in 2017 to the Niners for a 2nd round 2018 pick.

I mean, it's not a bad question to ask, "WWBBD?" but the actual answer doesn't reveal any magic on Belichick's part. In fact, to me it seems like Belichick and the Patriots got fleeced on the trade, not coming out with a 1st round pick for Garoppolo.

The Patriots have only won two Super Bowls in the last 13 seasons. Not everything that guy does is magical. Yeah, he's the best. But he does his share of stupid, too.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
olyfan63":1gozikgo said:
Spin Doctor":1gozikgo said:
brimsalabim":1gozikgo said:
What Would Belichick Do?

What Belichick did...

You are forgetting about Brissett.

HawkGA

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2uzr9rcu said:
olyfan63":2uzr9rcu said:
Spin Doctor":2uzr9rcu said:
brimsalabim":2uzr9rcu said:
What Would Belichick Do?

What Belichick did...

You are forgetting about Brissett.

Matt Cassel came from NE too, right?