Seattle being one of AP top 3 landing spots?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
NO.
AP is not going to get us to the next level.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I can't believe how down people are on AP. He's not the AP of his prime but he's not that far removed from 2015 either. He didn't play last year so we don't know what legs are still there. He could come back and not miss a beat from 2015 or he's molassis but either way, not a huge gamble. His options are slim and none and his salary demands should be very reasonable. Hungry Ap trying to play for one last big contract post this upcoming year, I'd risk it. Fournette and Cook aren't coming here, and Mixon is mired in controversy so it's not like help is on the horizon from the draft. I know you guys like your flavor of the week but there's 3 top end talents and then question marks...save the draft pick and use it where the draft has depth and go cheap on backs. Play a numbers game back there and hope some of them last.

mistaowen

Reaction score
My guess is it'll be a low base salary with a lot of injury incentives, if he were to sign here.

Aircrew

Reaction score
If we're going to break out the check book on a veteran who's in the last chapter of their career, I'd rather that be Julius Peppers.

RussB

Reaction score
Hearing rumors over twitter hawks arent super interested but are keeping on eye on guys like blount and AP.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Aging, doesn't fit our scheme AT ALL, has some rather ugly missteps in his personal life.

I don't see it at all. It's mostly the lack of a scheme fit.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
AP fits our scheme and will be fully motivated. Glad he's still on the Hawks' radar for a team-friendly deal.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Mojambo":2llh491g said:
Aging, doesn't fit our scheme AT ALL, has some rather ugly missteps in his personal life.

Siouxhawk":2llh491g said:
AP fits our scheme and will be fully motivated. Glad he's still on the Hawks' radar for a team-friendly deal.

Well... which is it?

mistaowen

Reaction score
Uncle Si":201e1yu5 said:
Mojambo":201e1yu5 said:

Siouxhawk":201e1yu5 said:

Well... which is it?

D126451aceb0acd30445a83699ea55f5038e1bc7512d3190e5

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1sxcmimu said:
Mojambo":1sxcmimu said:

Siouxhawk":1sxcmimu said:

Well... which is it?
He did have Bevell as his OC with the Vikes for 4 seasons, as you well know. I understand we run out of the gun or pistol more, but that's an easy adjustment.

I think you have a feeling he's going to have a strong season, too.

Mojambo

Reaction score
I don't think it's as easy an adjustment as you think.

They've spent years and tons of draft capital acquiring offensive lineman who fit the narrow constraints of Cable's ZBS. We're suddenly switching to a straight ahead power scheme with Russ under center and Petersen 8 yards deep?

I don't see it, but I've been plenty wrong before with regards to this team. I'll trust them if they do go after him, but it doesn't seem like a great match on a lot of levels.

RussB

Reaction score
O line should be the main focus and they should sign the best guys they can at all costs. Then if there is money left and AP is willing to take a pay cut which it seems he might be. I dont see why not. It could be very good for the team.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Mojambo":lrlrld9n said:
I don't think it's as easy an adjustment as you think.

They've spent years and tons of draft capital acquiring offensive lineman who fit the narrow constraints of Cable's ZBS. We're suddenly switching to a straight ahead power scheme with Russ under center and Petersen 8 yards deep?

I don't see it, but I've been plenty wrong before with regards to this team. I'll trust them if they do go after him, but it doesn't seem like a great match on a lot of levels.
I don't believe we'd abandon the ZBS or run option, but AP wouldn't have to exclusively line up from the 'I' either. I could see him setting up in formations like Marshawn did. He won't catch the ball as well as Marshawn, but he'd be a nice addition to the Rawls/Prosise backfield IMO if the price is right.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
sutz":eawr092j said:
Somehow doesn't seem like a "Pete/JS" type move. :229031_shrug:

Hey, back in training camp of 2012 they brought in T.O., Kellen Winslow Jr and Braylon Edwards to give Matt Flynn some toys to throw at. You never know

Seymour

Reaction score
Question??

What does the leagues worst oline, an overweight and rattled "mobile" QB, and a new 32 yr old $6M RB that cannot pass block equal? :?: :idea:

chris98251

Reaction score
Bevell may have been the OC, but he wasn't using a ZBS, if you think were going to change the whole scheme, fire Pete who specifically wanted that scheme fire Cable, cut most our line now even if it may be warranted for a 32 year old wanting to be over paid RB then I want what your drinking.

Largent80

Reaction score
AP....32 years old.

What?...just a 3rd down back?

What?...Vet minimum?

What?...Next topic.

Latest posts