Seattle is going to win the Super Bowl this year

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I’ve never been a “next year” kind of guy. So many things have to go well for a Super Bowl run. Healthy players, right playcalling, no major errors, no extremely bad calls

Personally, I say as long as you’re in the playoffs, shoot for the moon. The Rams are beatable, the Saints are beatable, the Bears are beatable , the Cowboys are beatable.

And whoever comes out of the AFC, is also beatable. Let’s go for it. Believe

HansGruber

Reaction score
ivotuk":10q3gqqv said:
I'm there too. If we get Dallas then the Rams, we're in!' This team wants a rematch with the Rams, and we're going to get it :)

Then we'll beat the Chiefs, again.

I'm right there with you. I wouldn't want us to travel to NO because the Saints are really good right now and unbeaten at home in the postseason, but it would be kinda fun considering that's who Carroll got his first playoff W against.

Don't see the Chiefs making it past their first game. They have the worst defense in the league and that actually matters in the playoffs. I could see the chargers beating them again.

Mick063

Reaction score
"Every week is a championship opportunity"

Carroll has inbred this mindsight into the team DNA. The formula to beat anyone has been practiced all season and will be practiced against Arizona the same as with Dallas.

Carroll doesn't choose a time to start thinking about winning the championship because Carroll inherently thinks about the championship with every waking moment. This has a "top down" effect on the entire organization, including the fans.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
We’ve got a seat at the table. That’s where the battle begins.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
We have a good shot at winning one playoff game this year. I’m not too worried about going into Dallas and locking them down.

We will almost certainly then have to travel to NO. I don’t think we pull off back to back road wins with the second game against NO. Rams we probably could take down, but I think the Saints are just that next step good this year. Balanced and primed for a run to Atlanta.

Even if we pull off the miracle of making it to Atlanta, we will have to face off against a long-term Nemesis in San Diego LA Chargers. I just don’t see us taking 3 road games and then somehow getting the neutral field win against them.

Right now the two best teams in the NFL are the Saints and the Chargers. Both are complete teams with balanced attacks. Neither are relying on miracles from their QB to win games, but both have QBs that can step up to carry the team when called upon. If that’s not the Super Bowl matchup, it’s a “any given Sunday” type situation.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I think we have a 50/50 shot in any game we play in this year against good teams. So to make the SB, I think our odds are about 12.5%.

So I'm not expecting much as usual when a team enters the playoffs as a wildcard. But I'll take it over the 0% chance that 20 other teams have.

sutz

Reaction score
Gotta love the optimism! :179417:

But I hafta say, a lot of things are lined up. The team is on a bit of a roll. We've played two of the top AFC teams and split with them. We've played some of the top NFC teams and were in every game to the end, win or lose. Funny, but with one of the 'younger' teams in the league, our QB and several other key players are veterans who know the drill of a SB run. Many of the other contenders are playing young guys with little to no playoff experience. And I think we have a more favorable injury situation than a lot of teams.

Would be tough to do without a home appearance, but not out of the realm of possibility.

You play as long as you win. Seahawks are good at that situation.

:0190l: :179422: :179417:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":16qlyjlq said:

Home
Arizona Cardinals
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco 49ers
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
NFC North*

Away
NFC East*
Pittsburgh Steelers
San Francisco 49ers
Los Angeles Rams
Cleveland Browns
Carolina Panthers
Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons

Is the away games right or could they change it? I am curious as I am thinking about a road trip next year to see some of the midwest..and if there happens to be a game there.....so be it.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
HansGruber":3t37o31c said:
ivotuk":3t37o31c said:
I'm there too. If we get Dallas then the Rams, we're in!' This team wants a rematch with the Rams, and we're going to get it :)

Then we'll beat the Chiefs, again.

I'm right there with you. I wouldn't want us to travel to NO because the Saints are really good right now and unbeaten at home in the postseason, but it would be kinda fun considering that's who Carroll got his first playoff W against.

Don't see the Chiefs making it past their first game. They have the worst defense in the league and that actually matters in the playoffs. I could see the chargers beating them again.

The Chiefs have a Chip Kelly problem. Quick strike, pass happy, then your defense is back on the field

Their defense actually isn’t as bad as people make it out to be. Their pass coverage was great all game. No ridiculously blown coverages. They also have a great pass rush. Their problem is they’re on the field too much. Chiefs are not a ball control offense. Their defense is on the field way too much, and in fact that’s also why the Rams defense isn’t as good as it could be. They’ve gone away from Todd Gurley

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't put much money on it but there is a chance. I'd realistically expect maybe one win in the playoffs this year.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1wepl8k3 said:
KitsapGuy":1wepl8k3 said:

Home
Arizona Cardinals
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco 49ers
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
NFC North*

Away
NFC East*
Pittsburgh Steelers
San Francisco 49ers
Los Angeles Rams
Cleveland Browns
Carolina Panthers
Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons

Is the away games right or could they change it? I am curious as I am thinking about a road trip next year to see some of the midwest..and if there happens to be a game there.....so be it.

The only one we don't know yet is which team from the NFC East for away and the NFC North team for home.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Think: "New York Football Giants" Twice.

N.O. barely beat Pissberg, (an iceberg made of pee). If not for two Fumbles and a poor fake punt call, Tomlin beats Payton.

And look at what Dallas did to them, in an indoor stadium.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Looks like it will be the Eagles away and the Vikings at home.

Here’s the list of opponents Seattle will face in the 2019 regular season:

Home Games
Arizona Cardinals
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco 49ers
Cincinnati Bengals
Baltimore Ravens
Minnesota Vikings
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Away Games
Arizona Cardinals
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco 49ers
Pittsburgh Steelers
Cleveland Browns
Philadelphia Eagles
Carolina Panthers
Atlanta Falcons

The Bengals are one of two teams the Seahawks have never beaten under Russell Wilson, and the only team Pete Carroll hasn’t beaten in his entire tenure as Seattle’s head coach. That Steelers game will ideally not end the way the previous two trips to Pittsburgh went, with the Seahawks getting shutout.

Of course, we cannot ignore the fact that the Seahawks are playing the Panthers for seemingly the millionth time. The 2011 and 2017 seasons will end up being the only ones this entire decade in which the Seahawks and Panthers did not play each other. In fact, they played in the regular season and postseason in 2014 and 2015.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/12/25/1 ... l-schedule

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
We're in. We can beat every team in so it's possible.

svenge

Reaction score
I think we're going to the Divisional Round, but no further.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1akz5jts said:
Looks like it will be the Eagles away and the Vikings at home.

Here’s the list of opponents Seattle will face in the 2019 regular season:

Home Games
Arizona Cardinals
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco 49ers
Cincinnati Bengals
Baltimore Ravens
Minnesota Vikings
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Away Games
Arizona Cardinals
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco 49ers
Pittsburgh Steelers
Cleveland Browns
Philadelphia Eagles
Carolina Panthers
Atlanta Falcons

The Bengals are one of two teams the Seahawks have never beaten under Russell Wilson, and the only team Pete Carroll hasn’t beaten in his entire tenure as Seattle’s head coach. That Steelers game will ideally not end the way the previous two trips to Pittsburgh went, with the Seahawks getting shutout.

Of course, we cannot ignore the fact that the Seahawks are playing the Panthers for seemingly the millionth time. The 2011 and 2017 seasons will end up being the only ones this entire decade in which the Seahawks and Panthers did not play each other. In fact, they played in the regular season and postseason in 2014 and 2015.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/12/25/1 ... l-schedule

Thank you. Much appreciated.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
We have a seat at the table as someone above said..
It can happen with some luck of course..As for NO I am not worried and I'm
probaly the only one in here that will say it..It takes a little better D and run
the ball down the Saints throats..I think we match up well with anyone and
can beat anyone ..As I said some luck is needed too.

Latest posts