Seattle Mariners 2020 season

Uncle Si

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2uno8v87 said:
So the Mariners have traded....

Vogelbach to the Jays for 20 bucks or whatever.

Walker to the Jays for a PTBNL (top 30 Blue Jays prospect)

Nola/Adams/Altavilla to the Padres for Taylor Trammell/Ty France/Andres Munoz/Luis Torrens (great trade)

Taylor Williams to the Padres for a PTBNL

Pretty solid return from the Padres.

Trammell, by all accounts, is a top 5 prospect (atleast in the Ms farm).

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":is6b8aj8 said:
XxXdragonXxX":is6b8aj8 said:
So the Mariners have traded....

Vogelbach to the Jays for 20 bucks or whatever.

Walker to the Jays for a PTBNL (top 30 Blue Jays prospect)

Nola/Adams/Altavilla to the Padres for Taylor Trammell/Ty France/Andres Munoz/Luis Torrens (great trade)

Taylor Williams to the Padres for a PTBNL

Pretty solid return from the Padres.

Trammell, by all accounts, is a top 5 prospect (atleast in the Ms farm).
Yeah, they are going to have 4 stud outfielders like I said up thread. It’s going to be a nice problem to have.
With the DH you can keep them fresh by giving one a day off in the field, and rotate daily. Also helps if you have a guy that’s banged up, but can still hit.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm pumped for what they're doing. Finally seem to be doing it the right way.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":2ekzjgdz said:
I'm pumped for what they're doing. Finally seem to be doing it the right way.
So am I..
Jerry,has done a better job than the last how many GM's?
He's building a young strong team.
I hated losing Nola though..I think he is only going to get
better but JD knows more than us..
Go M's!(it's been awhile) :lol:

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Yeah Nola was a favorite of mine. But hard to say no when the Padres kept upping the ante on that deal. We got 2 major league players that are hitting 273 and 309 this year and are young and cheap for the next couple years before entering arbitration, and Trammell who might come up this year.

sutz

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":21alsdvf said:
Yeah Nola was a favorite of mine. But hard to say no when the Padres kept upping the ante on that deal. We got 2 major league players that are hitting 273 and 309 this year and are young and cheap for the next couple years before entering arbitration, and Trammell who might come up this year.
Marco was in tears over moving Nola. Guess they trained together during the shutdown. Got real close. Nola was our best trade bait. Like you say, hard to turn down that deal. I think we made out like bandits.

Nice to see they're still building the farm system, too. Would be nice to see them build for the future for a change. The constant recycling of old "star" FAs gets old pretty quick.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Mariners are building a solid foundation. This is 1st time i can say this in idk how long.

At same time this young Mariners team is 9 and 3 in last 12. They sit 6 back of a struggling houston team. Jerry looked like he was calling it a season but the youngsters aren't yet.

sutz

Reaction score
Jerry is just being realistic. But it is weird how this is turning into a really interesting season. :mrgreen:

The amount of young talent on this team is impressive.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":3w13eub9 said:
Jerry is just being realistic. But it is weird how this is turning into a really interesting season. :mrgreen:

Starting pitching as a whole has been better than expected. Jerry is acquiring talent the way JS collects draft picks.
2 of the best prospects in baseball are knocking at the door as well in Kelenic and J-rod (down the road a bit) plus others like Raleigh, Kirby, Gilbert, Marte etc etc and that’s not including the goodies they got in the SD trade.

This is going to be a very good young team for years to come if they can avoid injury’s and if the young studs pan out, which they should.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
This team will be in the playoffs within 2 years. They are very, very good and young. I actually think if this was a longer season, the mariners would end over. 500.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":h1u0yz25 said:
Mariners are building a solid foundation. This is 1st time i can say this in idk how long.

At same time this young Mariners team is 9 and 3 in last 12. They sit 6 back of a struggling houston team. Jerry looked like he was calling it a season but the youngsters aren't yet.
All these young players simply aren't experienced enough to know that they should be losing most of the time. Give them a couple more years in Seattle and they'll come around to The Mariner Way.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1cv5968g said:
sutz":1cv5968g said:

Starting pitching as a whole has been better than expected. Jerry is acquiring talent the way JS collects draft picks.
2 of the best prospects in baseball are knocking at the door as well in Kelenic and J-rod (down the road a bit) plus others like Raleigh, Kirby, Gilbert, Marte etc etc and that’s not including the goodies they got in the SD trade.

This is going to be a very good young team for years to come if they can avoid injury’s and if the young studs pan out, which they should.
This feels so much better than the old way of trading away all of our young talent for old guys whose major purpose is to put butts in the seats rather than wins on the board.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Mariners win again. Houston chokes a double header and loses both. Mariners just 4 back with 21 left. Plus 25th year anniversary of 1995 season. Its a wrap. Playoffs here we come!!!

I kid.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
sutz":2y0h2nnx said:
Sports Hernia":2y0h2nnx said:
sutz":2y0h2nnx said:

This feels so much better than the old way of trading away all of our young talent for old guys whose major purpose is to put butts in the seats rather than wins on the board.

Does seem more and more as if an actual plan is in effect.

Originally they said theyd go for free agent stars with 1-2 years left on their deals to mix wirh the youth. Wonder if that's the plan and when they start targeting them.

sutz

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3l77wmfb said:
sutz":3l77wmfb said:
Sports Hernia":3l77wmfb said:
sutz":3l77wmfb said:

Does seem more and more as if an actual plan is in effect.

Originally they said theyd go for free agent stars with 1-2 years left on their deals to mix wirh the youth. Wonder if that's the plan and when they start targeting them.
That works for me, but the base plan has to depend on the young talent. But a bit early to worry about that. Maybe in the second half of next season or '22. Hopefully, I'll live long enough to see them in the playoffs.

:les:

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Mariners win again. Houston gets swept by angels. The mariners have gained 4 games in 4 games. They are now 3 back with 20 left.

sutz

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":6ewn41zv said:
Mariners win again. Houston gets swept by angels. The mariners have gained 4 games in 4 games. They are now 3 back with 20 left.
Not Houston, the Texans and one game left in series tomorrow. ;)

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
sutz":1su59hiq said:
Shanegotyou11":1su59hiq said:
Not Houston, the Texans and one game left in series tomorrow. ;)

Wait what? Im confused now. Lol

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":ssjpdqen said:
Am I wrong for wanting highest pick possible?
I love the scrap in this team but it's not their
time yet.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1lnf1kyq said:
Shanegotyou11":1lnf1kyq said:
Am I wrong for wanting highest pick possible?
I love the scrap in this team but it's not their
time yet.

Not at all.. its a strange place to be in. You want good performances from the young players, but not too good.

To that..

Sheffield has slowly started to put together a thing of solid outings.