Seattle Mariners @ Chicago White Sox Series Thread 4/12 - 4/14

acer1240

Reaction score
Is Rizz no longer doing the TV broadcast? I found a stream that carries all the games and have been dissapointed to not hear him.

He's the nicest guy ever, btw

balakoth

Reaction score
Nice field... midwest teams are complete morons sometimes I feel like heh

balakoth

Reaction score
So Dylan Moore has a hit but lets PH for him for someone who isn't..... ?!

sutz

Reaction score
We kind of got hosed on that whole weather thing. 🤮

Crizilla

Reaction score
Crawford and France*. I'll cut Winker some slack he's been robbed of 2 homers.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah I’m not worried about Winker, he’s had some bad luck.

Not sure what to make of Julio, I did not expect him to struggle this much.

So far none of the newcomers have done much. I’ll give Ray a pass today with the delay and weather but he hasn’t looked like an ace in either of his first two games.

If we get swept with Brash, Ray and Gilbert then that’s a bad look for us. White Sox are legit contenders, but that would show how far away we are from actually competing.

balakoth

Reaction score
Yeah I’m not worried about Winker, he’s had some bad luck.

Not sure what to make of Julio, I did not expect him to struggle this much.

So far none of the newcomers have done much. I’ll give Ray a pass today with the delay and weather but he hasn’t looked like an ace in either of his first two games.

If we get swept with Brash, Ray and Gilbert then that’s a bad look for us. White Sox are legit contenders, but that would show how far away we are from actually competing.
Im concerned about him hitting MLB breaking stuff at this point... he has gotten some shit calls on a few strikes outs but still

sutz

Reaction score
They are calling him tight. He needs to get more aggressive in the early counts
Hmmm, not really. I've seen a couple of umps now where the plate gets about a foot wider when Julio is up there. He definitely needs to learn to hit a major league breaking pitch, though. Like Kelenic last year, this is the first time he's really been challenged by the talent he's facing.

acer1240

Reaction score
Geez. I'm going to disagree. He's constantly getting behind in the count. He's gotten some tough calls but so has JK.

Edit to add that I just reread your post. I agree 100% with your take

DJrmb

Reaction score
Munoz was filthy in that 6th inning! painting with the slider then hitting 103 MPH! :oops:

DJrmb

Reaction score
Are the umps purposely being hard on Julio? WTH?? I can't wait until we get robo-umps. Worst part of the game in my opinion and it's way more of a factor for me watching baseball than length of games.... :mad::mad::mad:

acer1240

Reaction score
Are the umps purposely being hard on Julio? WTH?? I can't wait until we get robo-umps. Worst part of the game in my opinion and it's way more of a factor for me watching baseball than length of games.... :mad::mad::mad:
Sutz mentioned this yesterday. I hope it doesn't ruin his confidence. That kid has been getting screwed. He's got a damn good eye at the plate.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Another one. They called Julio out on another ball outside! 🤦‍♂️

Ruminator

Reaction score
At this rate, JK and J-Rod may as well just stand there each at-bat and take three strikes. (And they should while staring at the ump the entire time.) Wonder why the league doesn't seem to care.

Crizilla

Reaction score
3-4 road trip to start the season you take it. Just get home and start the season over mentally. Opening day tomorrow.