Seattle Media

Chapow

Reaction score
zchurch74":24n5lx3f said:
Why doesn’t the Seattle media press Pete more on why we consistently let teams back in. Why do the let him get off with bs answers and not push the subject. I don’t get why they won’t ask him if it’s a coaching issue and if so why does it continue to happen. This has been a pattern for a couple years. We just do not know how to put teams away.

What do you imagine it would accomplish if they did do that? What would be the point? Especially after our 5th 10 am road win of the season, which brought our overall record to 11-3.

Because Pete needs to be held accountable for merely winning, instead of winning by a large margin?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2dv73lr6 said:
:34853_doh: 11-3 negative Nancy.
And a swift exit from the playoffs just like every other year. Since our last SuperBowl run the Seahawks are under .500 in the playoffs. This mentality has bitten us badly come playoffs. It is absolutely something that Pete needs to remedy. It gets punished by better teams.

JonRud

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3qeigmy0 said:
Seattle media is very weak. They don't have the balls to ask tough questions to sports coaches. Listen to NY team post-game pressers after am unexpectedly bad loss; it's night and day.

Truer words have never been spoken. it drives me crazy how soft the Seattle media is. I live on the East Coast and I like reporters who actually ask difficult questions.

no, it doesn't affect what Pete would do - but I like it as a fan asking some tough questions. the Seattle media is a marshmallow.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
zchurch74":15qgcu47 said:
Why doesn’t the Seattle media press Pete more on why we consistently let teams back in. Why do the let him get off with bs answers and not push the subject. I don’t get why they won’t ask him if it’s a coaching issue and if so why does it continue to happen. This has been a pattern for a couple years. We just do not know how to put teams away.

What would that do for you for the media to push Pete like this?

Is it purely for selfish reasons? Because he's not going to change, dude's been coaching this way for almost 40 years.

Pete's a conservative game manager, that's just how he's wired. He thinks going for the throat to put teams away leaves too high an opportunity to make mistakes and turn the ball over.

So he manages the clock with leads to try and mitigate victories. As hard as it is to watch as fans, it's also hard to argue the results.