Seattle Seahawks 2nd Half Offense Playcalling Article

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1z7cw493 said:
We get it, our offensive play calling is always perfect and never lacking. :roll:

Oh get off it. Literally nobody has ever said that. Just because you love to bitch about play calling without being knowledgeable enough to actually do so with any kind of credibility doesn't mean that those of us who disagree or require more information believe Bevell or any other coach or player is infallible.

Cartire

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2i139ede said:
We get it, our offensive play calling is always perfect and never lacking. :roll:

Good ole Roland. Straight to the hyperbole. If we dont think the play calling was bad, its straight too "Play calling is always perfect and never lacking"

nothing ever in between. You either hate him, or hes a god. Nothing in the middle

Cartire

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":qcthbqth said:
You two really entertain me on this topic of discussion. :lol:

Good ole Roland. Straight to the "im just trolling you guys" rebuttal. If we call out your hyperbole, its straight too "You two really entertain me on this topic of discussion. :lol:"

nothing ever in admitting youre wrong. You either are right, or its trolling. Nothing in the middle

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Cartire":2ya9f8z2 said:
RolandDeschain":2ya9f8z2 said:

Good ole Roland. Straight to the "im just trolling you guys" rebuttal. If we call out your hyperbole, its straight too "You two really entertain me on this topic of discussion. :lol:"

nothing ever in admitting youre wrong. You either are right, or its trolling. Nothing in the middle
I was trolling you with the reply before that one. Do you need me to Roethlisberger it for you? It's not too late. You also conveniently ignore a number of times I've posted very middle-of-the-pack things about Bevell, and even some complimentary things. Since you just have me labeled as a Bevell hater that thinks everything he has ever done and ever will do is 100% wrong, however, the times I demonstrate otherwise just get glossed right over by you.

Good ole Cartire.

Cartire

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2hyi26bn said:
Cartire":2hyi26bn said:
RolandDeschain":2hyi26bn said:

I was trolling you with the reply before that one. Do you need me to Roethlisberger it for you? It's not too late. You also conveniently ignore a number of times I've posted very middle-of-the-pack things about Bevell, and even some complimentary things. Since you just have me labeled as a Bevell hater that thinks everything he has ever done and ever will do is 100% wrong, however, the times I demonstrate otherwise just get glossed right over by you.

Good ole Cartire.

Good ole Roland. Straight to the "I was trolling you with the reply before that one. Do you need me to Roethlisberger it for you? It's not too late. You also conveniently ignore a number of times I've posted very middle-of-the-pack things about Bevell, and even some complimentary things. Since you just have me labeled as a Bevell hater that thinks everything he has ever done and ever will do is 100% wrong, however, the times I demonstrate otherwise just get glossed right over by you." When we call out your Bevell hate, its straight to "My middle-of-the-pack things".

nothing ever in showing us those claims. Every bevell thread seems to be you talking about "that time" you didnt hate on Bevell.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":zhikvhta said:
RolandDeschain":zhikvhta said:
Zeb, just admit that his assertion of the Seahawks having a tendency to play to not lose on offense as opposed to playing to win is pretty accurate overall.

Seriously, dude.

They play the strategy with the least variance in expected outcome. Higher variance strategies are for the teams with less skill. Read any book on strategy. The best teams want to minimize risk and variance. The worst teams want to maximize them. A higher variance play call led to Wilson's INT for example.

Everyone loves Bates here for his remarkable game he called against the Saints in the 2010 playoffs. That level of creativity was only necessary because we were so overmatched. It isn't Pete's preference.

The Giants and Steelers won their Super Bowls with conservative game planning.

Why do you think we rarely blitz on defense? Blitzing is high variance.

Pete's whole philosophy is on minimizing risk and variance while winning the game. Against teams with good defenses - this means closer, low scoring games - always. Why increase variance in the other team's favor?

If Talib would of been playing Hide and Seek with Wilson all day I doubt that is a pick. He totally was peeking in all day and it cost him on the TD play. I would have to see the play again but it looks like he totally just abanonded his man and one pump fake would of been good game. Theres no way Wilson saw him though...that type of throw is something Wilson almost never does.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2qm9x2vy said:
As much as it sucked in the 2nd half, it was damn good in the Overtime :lol:
I'm not a bevell guy at all, make no secret of that. But, he deserves credit for that OT drive, outstanding play calling.

Ya but MAYBE this is why everyone gets on Bevell...is it just a coincidence that almost every single time we need our offense to do something they magically find a way and score.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1d7ja8v3 said:
As much as it sucked in the 2nd half, it was damn good in the Overtime :lol:
I'm not a bevell guy at all, make no secret of that. But, he deserves credit for that OT drive, outstanding play calling.

I think that was almost all Wilson improv, honestly.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Tanzania!

Asparagus...

Wait, who we talkin' bout?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
bigDhawk":2q3ffux5 said:
I think that was almost all Wilson improv, honestly.
Bingo...

The sooner Wilson can convince the powers that be that he's the next Peyton Manning with mobility and can just run his own offense, the better, IMO.

Cartire":2q3ffux5 said:
Good ole Roland. Straight to the "I was trolling you with the reply before that one. Do you need me to Roethlisberger it for you? It's not too late. You also conveniently ignore a number of times I've posted very middle-of-the-pack things about Bevell, and even some complimentary things. Since you just have me labeled as a Bevell hater that thinks everything he has ever done and ever will do is 100% wrong, however, the times I demonstrate otherwise just get glossed right over by you." When we call out your Bevell hate, its straight to "My middle-of-the-pack things".

nothing ever in showing us those claims. Every bevell thread seems to be you talking about "that time" you didnt hate on Bevell.
I've posted several replies over the past ~two years on this forum supporting his work at various times for a game here or there, and more in the chat room during games. You ignoring them to support your preferred opinion of me puts the onus on you go use the forum's search function to find them. You can also just think back to the chat room (that you were in for this, and much of the game) where one guy yelled at me just after the game ended for being a mindless Bevell lover because I booted someone for bashing Bevell and gave warnings to a couple others. Since I saw your biased, unthinking schtick in this thread coming a mile away before Kearly even created this thread, I took the liberty of screenshotting it. The language requires it to be posted in the shack. Would you like me to do so?

Sealake80

Reaction score
TDot and Kearly help me have intelligent thoughts on this topic. :thirishdrinkers: