Seattle Seahawks Sign Falcons PS DT Travian Robertson

ivotuk

Reaction score
Found a few links with some good info on them. Also saw a tweet "he beasted through Hawley twice!" Hawley is/was the Falcons starting center who got injured in September. So that may indicate something good if he can get by a starting C.

Information going all the way back to 2011 (he was drafted in 2012)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/play ... ve/1244767

He has a lot of playing experience: "Defensive tackle Travian Robertson boasts the second-most number of games played as a Gamecock at 56"

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/blog/201 ... rtson.html

A "meh" story on BR

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1121 ... -robertson

Jville

Reaction score
“I got the call at 2, I was at the airport at 5:30,” Robertson said in the locker room at VMAC before practicing with the Seahawks for the first time as they prepared for Sunday’s huge matchup against the NFC West-leading Arizona Cardinals at CenturyLink Field.

“I didn’t hesitate when I got the call,” added Robertson, who then called his wife at work to give him a ride to the airport.

There was some thought that the Falcons might try to add Robertson to their 53-man roster, rather than lose him to the Seahawks. But they never got the chance.

“The Falcons found out kind of late and I was already on the plane,” Robertson said. “I just felt if I got a phone call I had to go.”
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Wednesday-in-Hawkville-Travian-Robertson-provides-another-big-body-in-middle-of-the-defensive-line/5d653acf-d4b2-49eb-9062-aeec09f2e045[/urltargetblank]

vin.couve12

Reaction score
dopeboy206":3sql9fl4 said:
I hope the Hawks draft Danny Shelton. Love that kids heart and toughness
Shelton is much more than heart and toughness. I would be ecstatic if they drafted him, but at this point I think the Hawks might have to trade up in the first round to get him. Shelton might be the most dominant interior DL in this draft. He's a pure NT that can also rush the passer. An extreme rarity that hasn't been seen since maybe Haloti Ngata when he was drafted.

nepahawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1all0vy7 said:
Both myself and Peaches' scarf like this signing.

Watching those highlights, it appears he has a penchant for being a "ball and chain" for a running back. He locks on and makes the tackle by making the back drag him.

Strong dude.

I noticed the same thing.
He lacks that pop, even on a clean hit on the rb, the rb drags him.
I never noticed him blow up a running back.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
I'd rather have a sure tackler than a somebody who tries to go for the highlight hit every play.

nepahawk

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":a1ize1is said:
I'd rather have a sure tackler than a somebody who tries to go for the highlight hit every play.

That's really not what I'm saying.
I understand what you mean about a sure tackler.
But, you just expect a big hit, when you have a clear shot.

I don't see explosive power, he seems to be able to hold his ground, just no push.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
nepahawk":2kypgk08 said:
HunnyBadger":2kypgk08 said:

That's really not what I'm saying.
I understand what you mean about a sure tackler.
But, you just expect a big hit, when you have a clear shot.

I don't see explosive power, he seems to be able to hold his ground, just no push.

if he can hold his ground and take on a couple of blockers then that's good....that should open others to make the play. It's more than what Hill offers.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Red's replacement and really Mebane too for now.

I honestly have high hopes, just plug the hole big man!

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Explosive d-lineman are not found on teams practice squads. He can be an anchor inside though which is what this team needs. Pretty solid pick up imo.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/536283185911316481[/tweet]

So the addition of Travian Robertson and his work ethic and good attitude foreshadowed the release of Jimmy Staten. Staten was certainly given more than enough time and opportunity.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
This looks like a good signing. Screw athletic ability--all he has to do is push his way to the quarterback on every play--like McDonald did.

A

Anonymous

I'm looking, but I'm not seeing anything being said from practice about our new friend.

Anybody got anything?

King Dog

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":33pap9pk said:
I'm looking, but I'm not seeing anything being said from practice about our new friend.

Anybody got anything?

Yeah. I heard Pete talk about him. He said he's ready to go. He said it's simple. The play call is, you either go right of the center or left of the center.