Seattle Seahawks tied for 1st place in NFC West

toffee

Reaction score
We could be along on top if Bears upset the 9ers and their savior QB.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Dumb question but...
If the season ended today, would the Seahawks be in the playoffs?

keasley45

Reaction score
I said this in another thread. The 9ers and Hawks will be the only NFC west teams to win in week 1. When we play them in week 2, it will be for 1st place.

By the time we play the Cardinals in week 6, sans their top 2 wrs and cb, they'll have dropped games to the Chiefs, Raiders, Eagles and Rams.

The 9ers draw the Broncos, Rams and Chiefs in that same span.

Don't be surprised if we are sitting atop the division by the 1/3 rd mark.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I said this in another thread. The 9ers and Hawks will be the only NFC west teams to win in week 1. When we play them in week 2, it will be for 1st place.

By the time we play the Cardinals in week 6, sans their top 2 wrs and cb, they'll have dropped games to the Chiefs, Raiders, Eagles and Rams.

The 9ers draw the Broncos, Rams and Chiefs in that same span.

Don't be surprised if we are sitting atop the division by the 1/3 rd mark.
lol filed under "things that are never going to happen"

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Lol. Filed under 'another pessimist that will be scrambling for explanations as to why we aren't bad, when the truth the entire time was that we never were.'
Where is your "i told you so threshold? I have them at 4 wins on the season. I'd be stunned if they won 7 games. Are you predicting something over 7 games?

keasley45

Reaction score
At least 7. We were the worst team in the league last or near last in average drive duration and number of plays per offensive possession. Also pretty horrible on 3rd down. So there's isn't anywhere to go but up. You could say we put up points, but if you score points quickly and then give the ball to the other team for 2/3rds of the game, it's hard to win.

This year, I think we might average fewer points, but we'll possess the ball more. So the net result... close to the same. But when you factor in an improved defense and improved blocking and rushing...

Last year was worse than people understand because it was masked by highlight plays and big gainers. Take the splash plays away and we were a dumpster fire.

The defense's only saving grace was that it managed to finish just outside the top 10 in points allowed.

We were horrid and won 7 games.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
At least 7. We were the worst team in the league last or near last in average drive duration and number of plays per offensive possession. Also pretty horrible on 3rd down. So there's isn't anywhere to go but up. You could say we put up points, but if you score points quickly and then give the ball to the other team for 2/3rds of the game, it's hard to win.

This year, I think we might average fewer points, but we'll possess the ball more. So the net result... close to the same. But when you factor in an improved defense and improved blocking and rushing...

Last year was worse than people understand because it was masked by highlight plays and big gainers. Take the splash plays away and we were a dumpster fire.

The defense's only saving grace was that it managed to finish just outside the top 10 in points allowed.

We were horrid and won 7 games.
correct. our passing offense either was all or nothing and couldn't sustain drives, which kept our porous defense on the field for teams to grind down and feast on.

keasley45

Reaction score
Where is your "i told you so threshold? I have them at 4 wins on the season. I'd be stunned if they won 7 games. Are you predicting something over 7 games?

We won 7 games with Tavaris Jackson as our qb and a 22 starters that in 2 years weren't even part of the team, save for a few.

Let that sink in and think again about how 'impossible ' 7 wins is.

BASF

Reaction score
We won 7 games with Tavaris Jackson as our qb and a 22 starters that in 2 years weren't even part of the team, save for a few.

We were in one of the worst divisions in the NFL. That has not been the case in a long time.

toffee

Reaction score

and our ugly defense, so no easy on eyes, were #11 in points allowed. They did that with Ken Norton Jr. and long long minutes. Our defense gave up 21.5 points per game, guess what? that was better then 3 of 4 teams played in conference championship games.

I knew it's fashionable to brash our defense, and Geno. I got it. #11 points allowed was not a joke, Geno's PFF grading was not a joke either.

keasley45

Reaction score
We were in one of the worst divisions in the NFL. That has not been the case in a long time.

We went 3-3 in the division that year. It's not like we got fat off wins there.

I think this division is going to be a lot weaker than people think this year.

Arizona- Kyle Murray is in the beginning of a free fall and they'll be missing significant pieces for long enough that they'll dig themselves a nice hole.

Rams - SB hangover is real and Staffords elbow won't survive the season with how much he'll have to throw to keep them in games

9ers - just crawled back to their ex asking if they could sleep on the couch for a few weeks because the 'new chick' isn't working out. Lance ain't the answer. I've played almost as much college ball as he did - and I never played.

RiverDog

Reaction score
We went 3-3 in the division that year. It's not like we got fat off wins there.

I think this division is going to be a lot weaker than people think this year.

Arizona- Kyle Murray is in the beginning of a free fall and they'll be missing significant pieces for long enough that they'll dig themselves a nice hole.

Rams - SB hangover is real and Staffords elbow won't survive the season with how much he'll have to throw to keep them in games

9ers - just crawled back to their ex asking if they could sleep on the couch for a few weeks because the 'new chick' isn't working out. Lance ain't the answer. I've played almost as much college ball as he did - and I never played.
With the way the Rams looked Thursday, they'll be lucky to make the playoffs, and I agree that the Cards were one of the most overrated teams in the league last season. They, too, will be lucky to get over .500.

But I disagree with you about the 49'ers. Shanny is no dummy. If he has enough confidence in Lance to push all his chips to the center of the table on him, it has to mean something. I got a feeling that this will be his break-out season.

The Niners have to start strong, or at least not start out losing. Lance has to play well or else they'll have a QB controversy on their hands. They have what appears to be a very soft schedule early, with the Bears, us, Donkeys, Rams, Panthers, and Falcons before they face their first tough test in the Chiefs. I can see them starting out 5-1.

keasley45

Reaction score
With the way the Rams looked Thursday, they'll be lucky to make the playoffs, and I agree that the Cards were one of the most overrated teams in the league last season. They, too, will be lucky to get over .500.

But I disagree with you about the 49'ers. Shanny is no dummy. If he has enough confidence in Lance to push all his chips to the center of the table on him, it has to mean something. I got a feeling that this will be his break-out season.

The Niners have to start strong, or at least not start out losing. Lance has to play well or else they'll have a QB controversy on their hands. They have what appears to be a very soft schedule early, with the Bears, us, Donkeys, Rams, Panthers, and Falcons before they face their first tough test in the Chiefs. I can see them starting out 5-1.

Agree that Shannahan is a genius, but I saw their complete about face on Jimmy no longer being even wanted as a backup, to being signed a week before the season as an indictment of Lance's performance thus far this season. They were all in at the strategy of offseason, and them seemed to take one foot out of the water when they'd seen him for am extended period.

Maybe it was just a case of the 9ers being the best fit for Jimmy and they simply welcoming him back. But I'm for certain rooting for the former.

But if he is the guy and the Rams and Cards do fold, it would be great to see our rivalry renewed first with the 9ers and their new young qb against the Hawks with our new, young and brash D. And then in years to come with the teams once again duking it out, each with young, dynamic signal callers.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Agree that Shannahan is a genius, but I saw their complete about face on Jimmy no longer being even wanted as a backup, to being signed a week before the season as an indictment of Lance's performance thus far this season. They were all in at the strategy of offseason, and them seemed to take one foot out of the water when they'd seen him for am extended period.

Maybe it was just a case of the 9ers being the best fit for Jimmy and they simply welcoming him back. But I'm for certain rooting for the former.

But if he is the guy and the Rams and Cards do fold, it would be great to see our rivalry renewed first with the 9ers and their new young qb against the Hawks with our new, young and brash D. And then in years to come with the teams once again duking it out, each with young, dynamic signal callers.

The Hawks with our new, young QB? To put it mildly, I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself.

We'll see what happens this season. I don't think that I'm going out too far on a limb in predicting that the Niners will win the NFC West. They beat the Rams twice during the regular season, barely lost to them in the NFCCG having led by two scores going into the 4th quarter, they had a top 5 defense and a top 10 rushing offense, so they won't to be asking Lance to win games with his arm.

keasley45

Reaction score
The Hawks with our new, young QB? To put it mildly, I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself.

We'll see what happens this season. I don't think that I'm going out too far on a limb in predicting that the Niners will win the NFC West. They beat the Rams twice during the regular season, barely lost to them in the NFCCG having led by two scores going into the 4th quarter, they had a top 5 defense and a top 10 rushing offense, so they won't to be asking Lance to win games with his arm.

In the years to come, we will have a new young qb. No doubt. That's the entire plan for the franchise.

I dont mind betting on them getting a guy they'll be happy with for the next ten years. The last time they set out to get a franchise guy in the draft, they got Wilson. 1for1. And next years draft is stacked at the position.

keasley45

Reaction score
I'd add that not only did they nab Russel Wilson, but 7 years later, they were looking to trade him so that they could get Clevelands #1 pick from and take Josh Allen.

They'd have been a resounding 2 for 2. So I don't think it's at all farfetched to say the Hawks will be a deep playoff contender again in the next few years with a new signal caller at the helm.

They bucked convention when they took Wilson. Had they drafted Allen, that also woukd have gone against the grain. And when they chose to pass on the qbs available this years some said it was again, crazy.

Crazy like a fox, maybe.

Latest posts