Seattle Seahawks tied for 1st place in NFC West

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'd add that not only did they nab Russel Wilson, but 7 years later, they were looking to trade him so that they could get Clevelands #1 pick from and take Josh Allen.

They'd have been a resounding 2 for 2. So I don't think it's at all farfetched to say the Hawks will be a deep playoff contender again in the next few years with a new signal caller at the helm.

They bucked convention when they took Wilson. Had they drafted Allen, that also woukd have gone against the grain. And when they chose to pass on the qbs available this years some said it was again, crazy.

Crazy like a fox, maybe.
It's not a sure thing that Pete and John will even be here next season. If we really tank, say we go 3-14, there's going to be a lot of pressure on Jody to cut bait, not to mention that at 70 years old, Pete might finally decide to hang it up.

But I do agree that the most likely scenario is that we end up with a rookie quarterback within the next year or two. My biggest nightmare is that Geno or Lock play just well enough to create the illusion that they're part of our future.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Agree that Shannahan is a genius, but I saw their complete about face on Jimmy no longer being even wanted as a backup, to being signed a week before the season as an indictment of Lance's performance thus far this season. They were all in at the strategy of offseason, and them seemed to take one foot out of the water when they'd seen him for am extended period.

Maybe it was just a case of the 9ers being the best fit for Jimmy and they simply welcoming him back. But I'm for certain rooting for the former.

But if he is the guy and the Rams and Cards do fold, it would be great to see our rivalry renewed first with the 9ers and their new young qb against the Hawks with our new, young and brash D. And then in years to come with the teams once again duking it out, each with young, dynamic signal callers.
I think the west is wide open... everybody thinks its going to be the Rams and the Niners but imo the Rams have issues on O and the Niners are not as good as people think and the Hawks are MUCH better than people think. after they destroy Denver there will be a different tune around here.. its going to be a dog fight to see who wins the west the Hawks are going to be right in there mark my words!

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I'd add that not only did they nab Russel Wilson, but 7 years later, they were looking to trade him so that they could get Clevelands #1 pick from and take Josh Allen.

They'd have been a resounding 2 for 2. So I don't think it's at all farfetched to say the Hawks will be a deep playoff contender again in the next few years with a new signal caller at the helm.

They bucked convention when they took Wilson. Had they drafted Allen, that also woukd have gone against the grain. And when they chose to pass on the qbs available this years some said it was again, crazy.

Crazy like a fox, maybe.
Everybody is looking past Geno and this year...Geno is a good Qb..he just has not had a chance to prove that.im not saying they are looking at Geno for the QB of the future but he is going to get the job done... i have no doubt about that... he is a very efficient Qb after the denver game paople will feel differently

toffee

Reaction score
I think the west is wide open... everybody thinks its going to be the Rams and the Niners but imo the Rams have issues on O and the Niners are not as good as people think and the Hawks are MUCH better than people think. after they destroy Denver there will be a different tune around here.. its going to be a dog fight to see who wins the west the Hawks are going to be right in there mark my words!
Media has been down on our starting QB, but super kind on 9ers'. Ladies and gentlemen, that is pure subjective reporting. In no record or game log can they justify their prediction. Lance's college tapes, guy did play enough? His combine record, he had no combine record, didn't even run? Or his NFL tapes, like really, dude was benched? NONE, all reportors and experts are basing their judgement on Shanahan's reputation. Lucky for 9ers, they have JimmyG to save the day.

Last edited:

Latest posts