Seattle Sounders 2016 season thread

Smurf

Reaction score
Neither option is bad for Morris.

His presence helps the Sounders, but hard to argue with a shot in Germany.

The Sounders have a lot to lose if he doesn't sign here...not just depth, but financially it would suck.

Smurf

Reaction score
I know a lot of people arent watching the Superdraft (on right now), but it is absolutely insane. So many trades. Through 12 picks we've seen 8 or so trades including one swapping the top of the allocation order in a rumor that USMNT player Alejandro Bedoya is coming to MLS.

Sounders have traded their first round pick and allocation money to the Chicago Fire for a player to be named later. So speculation is hot right now.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":kfiiqra4 said:
I know a lot of people arent watching the Superdraft (on right now), but it is absolutely insane. So many trades. Through 12 picks we've seen 8 or so trades including one swapping the top of the allocation order in a rumor that USMNT player Alejandro Bedoya is coming to MLS.

Sounders have traded their first round pick and allocation money to the Chicago Fire for a player to be named later. So speculation is hot right now.

Its as if there are no players worth drafting...

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3vwn7flo said:
Smurf":3vwn7flo said:

Its as if there are no players worth drafting...

Ouch, those kids have families.

Also, this class is much weaker than last years from what I've read....so kind of true...

Smurf

Reaction score
Player to be named later has a name. Its Leftback Joevin Jones.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Are kids playing in the NPL or USL eligible to be drafted, or are they purchased?

Smurf

Reaction score
CB Tony Alfaro is our second round pick.

Alfaro is said to be the most technical CB available.

Should start with S2.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":36a5mfm4 said:
Uncle Si":36a5mfm4 said:
Are kids playing in the NPL or USL eligible to be drafted, or are they purchased?

Purchased.

Might explain why the draft is so slow...

Been waiting to see if talented, young players bypass college altogether. I know some D1 coaches that are finding recruiting more and more difficult. With the rise of the MLS academies, be even less reason for a. college soccer as a career engine, and b. an MLS draft.

Smurf

Reaction score
Speculation is that the Sounders are moving from the 442 into a 433.

Rumors also swirling that the team is trying to trade Ozzie Alonso....still...

Smurf

Reaction score
New day, new rumors.

Today:

Nelson Valdez is looking to exit the club. Talks are apparently on going with a club outside the league.

Oba Martins has snubbed a loan deal to Aston Villa in part because a different EPL club is after his services.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I still don't get the "Speculation" around the team's preferred formation...

Teams change formations all the time, often times throughout a single game.

Nothing about the current Sounders lineup indicates they have the speed to play with true wingers anyways.

Smurf

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2rgb1yhg said:
Not sounders related but was hoping you guys could share your opinions on this.

Timbers have traded for jack mcinerney. The article makes him sound pretty damn impressive, but it's from a timbers slant so obviously it's biased.

Thoughts?

He is wildly inconsistent. So he's pretty much perfect for you guys.

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":sur4xgm5 said:
I still don't get the "Speculation" around the team's preferred formation...

Teams change formations all the time, often times throughout a single game.

Nothing about the current Sounders lineup indicates they have the speed to play with true wingers anyways.

While this is true. Sigi does not. He rarely changes from the main system.

and to be fair....we lack the speed to play most formations.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Valdez wants to jump ship after just 1/2 a season....wow. Oba possibly leaving. Things aren't so rosy with the Sounders. Oba would be a huge loss and Morris signing wouldn't even make up for that one. Oba is the best player on team bar none. I'd rather Dempsey go before Oba.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2i2rqz06 said:
Valdez wants to jump ship after just 1/2 a season....wow. Oba possibly leaving. Things aren't so rosy with the Sounders. Oba would be a huge loss and Morris signing wouldn't even make up for that one. Oba is the best player on team bar none. I'd rather Dempsey go before Oba.

Valdez said over the weekend that he's not looking to leave and love Seattle...........and Oba is just a loan if he goes somewhere.

No way we're letting Oba go anywhere unless Morris agrees to play for us. Even then probably not.

Latest posts