Seattle Sounders 2018 Season

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
God, this team is just. So. Slow. You know it's bad when the opposition center backs are as fast as your forwards. I'm convinced that the front office needs to leave everyone over the age of 30 unprotected for next year's expansion draft. Say goodbye to Dempsey, Marshall, Frei, Torres, Alonso, Neagle, & Svensson.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
We're looking like we need a rebuild. I agree we are starting to look old. I know Ozzy is coming back from injury but he looks less effective, so does Dempsey and to be honest Torres seems to miss a lot of games for various reasons and is hit and miss when he does play.

Kim Hee-Hee looks brutal, we miss Svensson who isn't flashy but seems to get the job done.

Starting to write this season off.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":3dtwkqsd said:
Starting to write this season off.

I'm not ready quite yet, but I'm getting close....................because even if we get a frontline DP striker, it won't fix this god awful backline that can't NOT give up goals, along with a midfield other than Lodeiro that gets destroyed on the counter every time.

The 2018 Seattle Sounders: Too old, too slow.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Its bad times when Harry Shipp is your hope off the bench to kickstart something.

Why was Wolf Eikrem not brought on earlier as well.

I know we put all our eggs in one basket with Morris and hoped he was healthy but I think this team still struggles with Morris. Too many holes.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Emilio Izzaguirre wants to go to MLS. I think that is Joevin Jones ready made replacement right there. He's solid at LB and good going forward.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Whoever thought it would be a good idea to have Tolo and Roldan as wing defenders needs to be canned. It is a terrible strategy. Even if Leerdam wasn’t available they should have had Alfaro or Francis back there.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Seattle was unbelievably lucky to steal a point, AT HOME NO LESS, thanks to Frei. Nouhou had another terrible outing, Ozzie is no longer a commanding presence in the midfield, and nobody can consistently complete a pass in the final third.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Should we be worried that Ruidiaz didn't even crack Peru's starting 11 for any of their 3 matches, and barely saw minutes?

You'd think any DP we're willing to spend 5-6M to acquire would be good enough to start on a bottom of the table WC roster.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":24mqioj5 said:
Should we be worried that Ruidiaz didn't even crack Peru's starting 11 for any of their 3 matches, and barely saw minutes?

You'd think any DP we're willing to spend 5-6M to acquire would be good enough to start on a bottom of the table WC roster.
Ruidiaz plays the same position for Peru as Paolo Guerrero, their captain and best player.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1innhm57 said:
Sgt. Largent":1innhm57 said:

Ruidiaz plays the same position for Peru as Paolo Guerrero, their captain and best player.

Still concerning for me, if he's a valuable forward you find a formation and place for him in your starting 11, especially when you hadn't scored a single goal until match #3.

Just saying I was shocked when I turned on their matches and didn't see Ruidiaz in the starting 11. That doesn't scream "DP forward worthy" to me.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Not sure of the player.. but Peru is a very good attacking team. Not cracking the front 4 there is not a shame.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SeatownJay":ysg8145n said:
Well crap. Torres just left the Panama match with an ankle injury.

He was due for his bi-weekly injury.

We need to start handing out an annual award for the most oft injured Sounder. We can call it the "Brittle Brad Evans Award."

Frontrunners the past couple years would be V-Rod, Ozzie and Torres.........so it'd be a tight race.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Much needed 3 points today and the Sounders got them. Victor Rodriguez was a catalyst and his impact on the pitch when he's healthy was evident. Hopefully he can stay that way moving forward. Should have had about 3 more goals but win is win.

On a side note....What's going on with Leerdam? I don't recall him getting injured. Did an internet search and it came up with nothing on his status. It's showing an injury in Feb but nothing recent - https://www.google.com/search?sourc...1.64.psy-ab..0.14.794...0i131k1.0.4CmDnVEeaiU