Senior Bowl weigh in results

kearly

Reaction score
I didn't talk much about Lockett last year, but the first time I saw Lockett's youtube stuff in February I knew immediately that his style just screamed "Seahawks!" I just didn't think he'd end up here because at the time I was expecting Seattle to go WR in round 1 and I didn't expect them to double dip early at the position (I viewed the Graham trade like drafting a big WR).

Watching Glasglow, I get that same feeling I did with Lockett. I'm not saying Glasglow is a star in the making, but everything about him screams what Tom Cable wants at center. I could totally see Seattle aggressively moving up in round 3 to get him, like they did for Lockett last year.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I really like Jason Spriggs. He held his own versus Ohio State, has good measureables, and I believe is a Left Tackle on the rise.

Jason Spriggs - Indiana
Arms: 34 1/8
Hands: 9 1/2
--

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl201 ... umIChDD.99

My philosophy on left tackles has changed. I loved Russell Okung when he was at Oklahoma State, with Jermaine Gresham playing next to him. Okung "squatted" lower than any LT I've ever seen, getting extremely low, and he always looked athletic.

But now I'm not that interested in a Pro Bowl Left Tackle. I would much prefer an "average" LT that was available at all times. That's what I think Spriggs is, a reliable Left Tackle that you will always know what to expect from him. Plus he comes at a lower draft and contract cost.

In the past, teams have invested heavily in a Left Tackle, both with draft capital, and a big cap hit. With the unpredictability of the position (Robert Gallery, Jake Long, and to some extent, Russell Okung), I'm beginning to think that a team is better off going for middle of the pack.

The "ilities" seem to be a much more important qualification for offensive linemen than talent. Players like Walter Jones only come along once in a lifetime. So why hamstring your roster by trying to get the most elite LT out there? Especially when you run the ball a lot, and have a mobile QB like Russell Wilson. And to be honest, I think Russell Wilson would much rather have an "average" LT protecting his blind side for 16 games, than have an elite one there off and on.

Because if you average it out, what is the ability of a hybrid LT of Okung and Bailey? IMHO, well below average.

So I'm thinking with the value at DT this year, spend the first round pick on Sheldon Rankins, then pick up someone like Jason Spriggs in the 2nd or 3rd round, depending on where he's ranked by draft time.

[youtube]AHcZDGnoqNw[/youtube]

[youtube]4XGKYhvbMAo[/youtube]

[youtube]VMuA9EwiW0s[/youtube]

[youtube]xS1bPe2rFUc[/youtube]

McGruff

Reaction score
kearly":2s3wmdle said:
I didn't talk much about Lockett last year, but the first time I saw Lockett's youtube stuff in February I knew immediately that his style just screamed "Seahawks!" I just didn't think he'd end up here because at the time I was expecting Seattle to go WR in round 1 and I didn't expect them to double dip early at the position (I viewed the Graham trade like drafting a big WR).

Watching Glasglow, I get that same feeling I did with Lockett. I'm not saying Glasglow is a star in the making, but everything about him screams what Tom Cable wants at center. I could totally see Seattle aggressively moving up in round 3 to get him, like they did for Lockett last year.

I agree on Glasgow and get the same vibe from Joshua Garnett out of Stanford.

ivotuk

Reaction score
McGruff":25aiudoh said:
kearly":25aiudoh said:

I agree on Glasgow and get the same vibe from Joshua Garnett out of Stanford.

This Joshua Garnett?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... with-block

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
The kid from Washington State, Joe Dahl, looked better than most in the game today and (dare I say) looked like the best overall lineman in the Senior Bowl.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2mt9ptho said:
ivotuk":2mt9ptho said:
Noah SPence worries me. Didn't he get in trouble in college? In the one on ones he got in to it a little with an OL, like he lost his temper.

Looks like Rankins pulled out of the Senior bowl with a knee injury. Tough break. But the kind of situation JS is always in on.
There is this quote on Noah I found today too. I'm thinking he drops to round 2 at least.

Two players who have not done well in the team interviews are Eastern Kentucky's Noah Spence and Southern Utah's Miles Killebrew. Spence had off-the-field issues at Ohio State and Eastern Kentucky with a year long suspension, transfer, and arrest for public intoxication. Teams weren't impressed with how Spence answered their questions. They also said that Killebrew did not come off well in the interviews. Both players will need to get better in a hurry with the Combine and pre-draft visits just weeks away
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl201 ... S2Fr4dB.99

I don't put a lot of stock in WalterFootball. And, regarding Killebrew... I say "GREAT!" to what that site says about him. Perhaps a shrewd JS plan is in motion. Let other teams pass on him so he becomes a Hawk.

Did you catch what Charles Davis said about him in the broadcast? Killebrew is a guy you hate when he's not on your team BECAUSE he's not on your team. Nothing about poor character or bad interviews. Too, you be the judge: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/miles-kill ... ks-podcast Sound like a kid that doesn't interview well? Lol
Me thinks the lying about prospects is in full swing. Someone wants Killebrew and they're spreading a rumor for good reason.