Shameful Seahawks

kidhawk

Reaction score
LargentFan":12aguam9 said:
It bums me out that Bosworth is on this list. His story is a lot more complex than a lot of people realize.

There are quite a few (there's a good list running in the "least liked/most hated" seahawk players thread I posted awhile back. I opened it with Bosworth. I just never liked him before he was a Seahawk, while he was a Seahawk or since he left the Seahawks. I doubt he was a terrible human being or anything like that, I just never could get on board that train.

MD5eahawks":12aguam9 said:
They forgot one -
Jerry Rice

This one for sure...I've said it so many times that I lost count, but I am literally disgusted whenever I see a Jerry Rice/Seahawks jersey being worn by someone. I loved watching Jerry Rice play the game, and I don't even blame him for that whole fiasco, but the only 80 that should ever be worn with a Seahawks logo is our HOF Largent

LargentFan

Reaction score
kidhawk":lpyd61tx said:
There are quite a few (there's a good list running in the "least liked/most hated" seahawk players thread I posted awhile back. I opened it with Bosworth. I just never liked him before he was a Seahawk, while he was a Seahawk or since he left the Seahawks. I doubt he was a terrible human being or anything like that, I just never could get on board that train.

I was 10 when he was drafted, so I was all in. I had the Land of Boz poster on my wall and everything.
6a01127953797128a401156f674f72970c

When I got older and I learned about the problems he caused the Seahawks, I stopped being a fan of his, but I never hated him.

I always felt he got a bit of a bum rap, though. He's known for getting "run over" by Bo Jackson, but I don't really see it that way. Yeah, Bo got the touchdown, but Bosworth also made the tackle. It was a two yard touchdown. If that play is run from the 6 yard line, Bosworth is the hero of that story.
[youtube]TnDlFKTNkeE[/youtube]

The day I finally decided I was a Bosworth fan again was the day he tweeted this photo a few weeks before Super Bowl 48.
Bduvsa8CYAA1XMg

If you haven't seen ESPN 30 for 30's "Brian and the Boz" I recommend it. It's quite good.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Dude, if we're talking shameful, how can anyone NOT have Tommy Kane on their list? A guy who Killed his wife and is serving an 18 year prison sentence because of it -- to me, how does that not earn him the very lowest spot in the Ring of Shame? :34853_doh:

MexHawk

Reaction score
It's great that this thread about jerseys was posted! I have a dilemma and want some advice. 2 years ago I bought the Lynch jersey and felt great because, you know, he was retired.

Now I don't feel very comfortable wearing it. What do you think? Should I wait to wear it until he retires again? Or should I wear it with pride?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2nujohu0 said:
Why is Marcus Tubbs among their names listed? He was just snake bit with injuries, not snake bit with suck or attitude issues like the other names on that list. .

Cause he was a first round pick, and with that comes great expectations.

If you want a good laugh, check out his Wiki page where it says he's currently a free agent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Tubbs

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":1n0osnvn said:
Dude, if we're talking shameful, how can anyone NOT have Tommy Kane on their list? A guy who Killed his wife and is serving an 18 year prison sentence because of it -- to me, how does that not earn him the very lowest spot in the Ring of Shame? :34853_doh:

Does anyone own a Kane jersey? I can't recall ever seeing one...of course I'm sure there's more variety of player jersey's in the Seattle area, but I've just never seen one personally.

kidhawk

Reaction score
MexHawk":2fm1o483 said:
It's great that this thread about jerseys was posted! I have a dilemma and want some advice. 2 years ago I bought the Lynch jersey and felt great because, you know, he was retired.

Now I don't feel very comfortable wearing it. What do you think? Should I wait to wear it until he retires again? Or should I wear it with pride?

If it were my only jersey, I'd have no problem wearing it. If I had others, I'd probably move Lynch's lower in the priority list of jersey's to wear, but I'd definitely wear it with pride even if he is currently playing for the Raiders.

His playing for his hometown team now doesn't change my feelings towards what he did here in Seattle one bit.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I saw some guy in town wearing an all lime green Houshmenzadeh jersey about a year ago...that's gotta be a tough one to willingly put on and wear in public.

classicaaron

Reaction score
Stevens tops the list by a long ways. horrible player and horrible person. cant stand he was a seahawk let alone on a superbowl team

Seanhawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2a8jvza6 said:
I saw some guy in town wearing an all lime green Houshmenzadeh jersey about a year ago...that's gotta be a tough one to willingly put on and wear in public.

To be fair, the fact that he actually bought that jersey speaks to the quality of person.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
MexHawk":3u84lc8g said:

Wear it proud. I plan on purchasing one of his. He was all heart for us and will be one of my all time favorite hawks.

chris98251

Reaction score
I used to see a Kane jersey once in a while back then when he played for us.

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
Sprfunk":3fdbdv9c said:
MexHawk":3fdbdv9c said:

Wear it proud. I plan on purchasing one of his. He was all heart for us and will be one of my all time favorite hawks.

I was thinking about getting one and rooting for him when they go to the LA Chargers.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2i17dsu8 said:
Why is Marcus Tubbs among their names listed? He was just snake bit with injuries, not snake bit with suck or attitude issues like the other names on that list.

And it is an absolute disgrace Shaun Alexander is even mentioned as a "forgotten" name, let alone in the same breath as Julius Jones.
I was thinking the same thing. I had a Tubbs jersey and wore it all the time.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Absolutely. Wear it with pride. I will probably add a Lynch jersey to my collection this year.