Shaq griffen

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Griffin really went out with a dud this year.

He played great week 2 vs Chicago. Other than that, he's about as bad as Cary Williams.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Shaq played just fine. You do not win NFL games if you cannot score 27 points very often. Dallas got a gift of penalties that tipped the scales. OMG, this team of the Seahawks was just not good enough. They will get better, as will Shaq, and the O line.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
jeremiah":2ye5knsj said:
Shaq played just fine. You do not win NFL games if you cannot score 27 points very often. Dallas got a gift of penalties that tipped the scales. OMG, this team of the Seahawks was just not good enough. They will get better, as will Shaq, and the O line.

Dallas had 6 penalties for 36 yards. Seattle 5 for 35 yards.

In what world is that tipping the scales? Can't blame the refs for this one.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":1r8k35ak said:
jeremiah":1r8k35ak said:

The penalties were pretty legit too. Really the only thing unusual is that the refs had let it go all game, and decided to clamp down late.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I figure that the "finger pointing" will continue for at least four weeks. None of it will solve a single problem on this team.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
He's not a Carry Williams. He's not Kelly Jennings.

He's a dude that's stepping into Sherms shoes, one of the best to ever do it and is learning.

There's no magic pill. He has to develop. And Pete can do that for him.

I'd rather have him, honestly than Talib or Peters. No kidding. He doesn't guess on routes, learns and works hard, isn't a cancer or a thug/idiot.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He is good. Just not great. Not exceptional, not better than average but solid with a good run support generally.

The defense was OK. It wasn't great but you expect your team to score more than 24 in the playoffs.

The average winning team in the NFL this year scored 28 in their win.

If you don't score 30, you generally are not going to win.

He isn't great. He likely will never be great. But he is decent. Just not anything beyond good, and he is forced to cover the #1s. He would have been great on the other side but we got rid of Sherman, remember?

Regardless, this loss is the fault of Schotty and Carroll, not Griffen.

You won't win many games scoring below 17 in a freaking playoff game. Sure I know they scored 22, but I don't count the garbage time TD against a prevent defense when it hardly mattered.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":4wipp5gw said:
He's not a Carry Williams. He's not Kelly Jennings.

He's a dude that's stepping into Sherms shoes, one of the best to ever do it and is learning.

There's no magic pill. He has to develop. And Pete can do that for him.

I'd rather have him, honestly than Talib or Peters. No kidding. He doesn't guess on routes, learns and works hard, isn't a cancer or a thug/idiot.

These are the tough questions the GM has to ask. Every young corner we have had has developed in front of our eyes (Sherm, Maxwell, Flowers,)

Griffin has just gone backwards.

He's not great at playing the ball in the air, he's an average tackler and he gets his share of flags.

Peters and Talib is a low bar, I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade at corner if we can.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Possibly low bar, you're right. The point being those are two main pieces that will either be the reason or excuse for the Rams winning a SB this year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":3mqhpu5d said:
MontanaHawk05":3mqhpu5d said:
Up until now, Griffin was getting victimized by a lot of perfect throws to a lot of #1 receivers. They say perfect throws beat good coverage every time.

Today was bad, though. Easily Griffin's worst game. A shame, because he was improving in December.

The thing is we watched Richard play that same positon against those same receivers and he was effective because people didn't really throw his way.

No one is afraid to throw on Griffin.
Sherm gets his head turned quickly, Shaq doesn’t. He is in position a lot of times but doesn’t see the ball until it’s too late.
#1 rule for DB’s is get that head turned around when the ball is coming. It’s basic highschool football, or at least was 30 years ago when I played.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
He's not garbage, but he definitely took a step back this year. I say Flowers has earned the #1 spot, and am interested in seeing Griffen and King compete for #2 next year.

nwHawk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":274ckwcj said:
NOLAHawk":274ckwcj said:
BS. Throw your hatred at the offense. The kings of three and out of 2017 are back.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

It’s easier to blame the corner rated the #112 cornerback on pff. #112 is terrible. There are 32 teams and 2 corners each side. Let that sink in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing it live made me FEEL it. He's overrated. That's all I'll say.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":146h18s2 said:
He's not garbage, but he definitely took a step back this year. I say Flowers has earned the #1 spot, and am interested in seeing Griffen and King compete for #2 next year.

I hope we upgrade, I don't think Griffin or King would start on any team with an elite defense. They are dime a dozen average corners

nwHawk

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":253detuq said:
jeremiah":253detuq said:

The Cowboys fans around us felt like they were getting jobbed.

blaisio

Reaction score
I almost wonder if having his brother there has been a distraction. Obviously he was better last year, but had future Hof playing around him to get him in the right position. But I'm just wondering if he is around his brother more and not with the vets that can help him improve.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We have gotten to see some great corners over the years.

Sherman, Browner, Maxwell, were all tremendous corners - near the top in the league.

Expecting Griffen to be that because you are used to that is folly. He is an average corner that isn't even that far from his rookie year. He will never be an All Pro but expecting that is weird. We are used to it, but most corners don't become the next Sherman or even Maxwell.

davidonmi

Reaction score
It would be one thing if he was playing hard and just getting beat on pass plays.
Dude is charmin soft, watch him on the 40 yard pass to cooper. doesn't even attempt a tackle, just plays patty cake with other defenders. Had he kept running and hit cooper from behind he saves about 10 yards.

Eamon696

Reaction score
NOLAHawk":3hih0spv said:
BS. Throw your hatred at the offense. The kings of three and out of 2017 are back.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
This makes no sense. Shaq made mistakes. If you can't see that, I don't know what to say.

And remember, our offense gave the team a lead late. A lead that was squandered by poor coverage, tackling, and decisions on the defensive side of the ball. And the offense definitely deserves criticism, especially their own penalties and poor execution. But this is hardly a one-sided affair

nwHawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":q1glutpo said:

Sherman, Browner, Maxwell, were all tremendous corners - near the top in the league.

Expecting Griffen to be that because you are used to that is folly. He is an average corner that isn't even that far from his rookie year. He will never be an All Pro but expecting that is weird. We are used to it, but most corners don't become the next Sherman or even Maxwell.

How play matches his college scouting profile. He needs to develope.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2z1luu7k said:

I think the concern here is - Carroll has turned almost every corner into a top player.

Does Griffin has what it takes to keep developing?