Shaq Griffin

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Yeah, he couldnt have done much more. He played about as well as a rookie could have against that team.

original poster

Reaction score
Seriously excited about him, he will be our starter at RCBvery soon I think, considerably better than Lane.

I can't remember if Shead can play nickel? Anyone?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I felt he played great. McCarthy lined up Nelson on him all day as I anticipated in an earlier thread. The longest completion he allowed was 13 yards.

Sure tackling and physical.

But more to the point, I saw him on several occasions show the ability to not just keep a guy covered, but to make plays on the ball. That's a key element in his development and something I didn't see him yet do in the preseason. I think he's developing much more quickly than I thought he might.

Matched up against a HOF QB and a pro bowl receiver, he more than held his own. And if Seattle could have mustered any semblance of points for a win, we'd be talking about how Griffin was a key reason we won. As it is, he's a key reason we didn't lose by 20+.

It's pretty clear this cat is special. We can easily absorb the growing 'pains' if this past week was any indication.

In the end, I'm more bullish on Griffin after yesterday than I was going into the season. And I was pretty high on him then. He's going to be a key contributor for us this year. It seems pretty obvious at this early stage.

classicaaron

Reaction score
I agree with everyone else, he played really well. I don't think there was really any drop off from what we would have saw out of Lane and that's really impressive considering it was only the kids first game.