Sherm calls Demaryius Thomas a Top 5 WR

RufusPorter

Reaction score
Top three even. :chug:

1. Megatron.
2. Thomas.
3. Marshall.

Might bump Marshall up into the two spot just because of his physicality, but either way its a hell of a list to be on.

Eldorado

Reaction score
Beeker":1vyk4os5 said:

1. Megatron.
2. Thomas.
3. Marshall.

Might bump Marshall up into the two spot just because of his physicality, but either way its a hell of a list to be on.

BM doesn't belong on the top ten. You were trolling, right?

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Regardless of how they call them.
Can we seem more of this on Sunday please?
[youtube]u_-Lypb5QZc[/youtube]

can't get the ball into the endzone ...

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Beeker":kp0i4pc0 said:

1. Megatron.
2. Thomas.
3. Marshall.

I don't think Thomas is better than Magatron, Marshall, Andre Johnson, AJ Green, Dez, Fitz, Julio Jones, Gordon...list probably goes on. Hard to know how good he is without Manning. He had two very underwhelming years without him (granted, one was with Tebow).

Eldorado

Reaction score
The Great Hawktini":3texld6i said:
Eldorado":3texld6i said:
What the hell else is he gonna say?

Why don't you leave niner troll your act is getting old. What does a mythical" Gold " city have to do with a bronco "fan" I smell a rat.

lol! Actually I live outside of Boulder CO, Near eldorado canyon. Love climbing there. Screw SF. 55-10.

idahohawk

Reaction score
Why didn't he just say "Thomas is not mediocre," and leave it at that. ;-)

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
Beeker":6obperx1 said:

1. Megatron.
2. Thomas.
3. Marshall.

I'd go

1. Megatron
2. Josh Gordon
3. A.J. Green
4. Dez Bryant
5. Demaryius Thomas

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sherman is a good dude...and gives the respect he gets. But he's as smart as he is good. How much sense (or dollars) would it make for Sherm to diss a player he is about to play on the biggest stage in the world? How would that work for him if he has an off day and get's beat?

Reminds me of boxers that call their opponents bums before a fight, then end up struggling with that opponent. Wouldn't that then make them bums too? Most boxers don't graduate from Stanford.

If Sherman shuts DT down.. he shuts down a "top 5 WR". If he doesn't, he had an off day against "a top 5 WR". It's called a hedge people.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HawkWow":393cdtw7 said:
Sherman is a good dude...and gives the respect he gets. But he's as smart as he is good. How much sense (or dollars) would it make for Sherm to diss a player he is about to play on the biggest stage in the world? How would that work for him if he has an off day and get's beat?

Reminds me of boxers that call their opponents bums before a fight, then end up struggling with that opponent. Wouldn't that then make them bums too? Most boxers don't graduate from Stanford.

If Sherman shuts DT down.. he shuts down a "top 5 WR". If he doesn't, he had an off day against "a top 5 WR". It's called a hedge people.

I like the theory posted earlier. Sherman wants Manning to think he's throwing to a WR that can beat him. That just sounds better to me whether it's reasonable or not :mrgreen:

themunn

Reaction score
Eldorado":1n3o1v1n said:
Beeker":1n3o1v1n said:

1. Megatron.
2. Thomas.
3. Marshall.

BM doesn't belong on the top ten. You were trolling, right?

7 1000 yard seasons in a row
the best blocking receiver in the league - and it's not even close
Two consecutive years of 10+ TDs.

All with the likes of Jay Cutler, Josh McCown and Chad Henne throwing him the ball.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
As much fun as we're having joking here ... seriously, Sherm''s too smart to call anyone out before the Big Game. That usually backfires in the Super Bowl. I can remember Freddie Mitchell pretending he didn't know the Patriots secondary and telling Rodney Harrison, "I got something for you" before SB39. Mitchell only caught one pass for 11 yards in the loss.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I think Sherman was a bit generous with this one. IMO...

1. Megatron
2. Gordon/Green
3. Gordon/Green
4. Andre Johnson (pretty underrated by most now, still put up 1400 yards)
5. Toss up for Julio,Dez,Marshall,Thomas, etc.

BroncosFan

Reaction score
It's hard to say how good DT is. He certainly has the measurables. 6'3 230, and runs a 4.4 40. He has game speed as well. He's only had 2 healthy seasons, and both have been with Manning which will elevate everyone's numbers. Still, he's always double teamed, yet produces. He's averaged 93 receptions with 1432 yards in the 2 seasons he's been healthy. He came from a run oriented program in college where nearly all he did was block. He's one of the best blocking WR's in the NFL. You can bet that the Broncos will move him around to get one on one matchups against the Hawks. DC's usually game plan around him. If Seattle wants to double him, that leaves Decker, Welker, Julius Thomas, and Moreno all one on one. The X's and O's in this one are going to be fun to watch.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
“You know, everybody is such a [Peyton] Manning fan and that loudmouth from Seattle sort of epitomizes the Seattle team to me"- John McCain

Well yes, yes he does!

Seeker

Reaction score
This guy thinks he's so freaking untouchable...