Sherman badly burned - looks like he lost about 4 steps

mrt144

Reaction score
Uncle Si":x6avd33q said:
mrt144":x6avd33q said:
I guess you just have less dumbass and spiteful friends than I.

I might just have less friends.

Now I'm sad

IDK man, the hours you havent spent indulging catharsis must be worth something. Thank goodness for parenthood as most don't throw their kids under the bus and expect you to agree with them. :lol:

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3d3sonlr said:
mrt144":3d3sonlr said:
I guess you just have less dumbass and spiteful friends than I.

I might just have less friends.

Now I'm sad

Your a Moderator, you have no friends, how I learned to hate everyone equally and was never surprised :p

Marvin49

Reaction score
2_0_6":2osjh6k7 said:
Shouldn't those "5 Golden rings" be renamed to "5 rusty rings"? A very large chunk of the 49ers fan base today wasn't even alive the last time they won a ring.

Can't speak for Golden but sadly I'm old enough to remember all 5...tho I was only 8 for the first one.

Honestly, the only people who say you shouldn't claim the "rusty rings" are fans of teams that don't have them. The FRANCHISE has 5 and you can see all 5 Lombardi's on display at Levi's.

Now if people try to make the argument that "my team is better than yours because we have more rings" then I get the argument that they shouldn't be claimed. They have no connection to the present day team.

History tho to me is a big part of why I love the NFL. All-Time records, Draft History, Famous plays....its all a big part of it. While I can't stand teams like the Packers, Cowboys, Steelers, Bears, etc (I have friends who are fans of all 4), the History of those teams is a big part of what makes the NFL the NFL. I wouldn't tell a Steeler fan he can't count the 4 Titles from the 70s.

The 5 Rusty Rings thing to me is...sorry....kinda lame.

If in 30 years Seattle doesn't have another ring, you will still remember the one they have and cherish that season.

As for where I draw the line on that History? I respect the teams that came before but to me the line can be drawn at the NFL-AFL merger.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Agreed, Marvin, I suppose the only team that can claim "rusty rings" against the Niners or Cowboys would be the Patriots and maybe the Steelers because they won a couple recently. It would still be kinda lame for them to.

toffee

Reaction score
kobebryant":fi9q0tuh said:
I thought Kyle Juszyzyzych (their FB) made a pretty good point http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... hing-point about not reading too much into clips of things that happen in practice. Practice is an opportunity to try new things, new techniques, challenge yourself, take on different matchups etc without repercussion.

If Sherm is covering smaller WRs who run in the 4.3s or faster on deep routes without safety help in the regular season - that's on the coaches, as even in his prime that wouldn't be a good situation for him. The worry for Sherm would come if he can't hang with Fitzergald, Marshall or Woods come the regular season.

Sherman owned Marshall in the past?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":y79f8obb said:
2_0_6":y79f8obb said:
Shouldn't those "5 Golden rings" be renamed to "5 rusty rings"? A very large chunk of the 49ers fan base today wasn't even alive the last time they won a ring.

Can't speak for Golden but sadly I'm old enough to remember all 5...tho I was only 8 for the first one.

Honestly, the only people who say you shouldn't claim the "rusty rings" are fans of teams that don't have them. The FRANCHISE has 5 and you can see all 5 Lombardi's on display at Levi's.

Now if people try to make the argument that "my team is better than yours because we have more rings" then I get the argument that they shouldn't be claimed. They have no connection to the present day team.

History tho to me is a big part of why I love the NFL. All-Time records, Draft History, Famous plays....its all a big part of it. While I can't stand teams like the Packers, Cowboys, Steelers, Bears, etc (I have friends who are fans of all 4), the History of those teams is a big part of what makes the NFL the NFL. I wouldn't tell a Steeler fan he can't count the 4 Titles from the 70s.

If in 30 years Seattle doesn't have another ring, you will still remember the one they have and cherish that season.

As for where I draw the line on that History? I respect the teams that came before but to me the line can be drawn at the NFL-AFL merger.
I sure hope you think that bragging about championships that are multiple decades old is lame as well?
That’s all the cowboys and niner fans I know personally do.

rlkats

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":7k6wk6vd said:
Marvin49":7k6wk6vd said:
2_0_6":7k6wk6vd said:

I sure hope you think that bragging about championships that are multiple decades old is lame as well?

Hey Hernia, where is your 4 other rings? You all are a few decades behind lol. :stirthepot:

Just had to mess with ya. But I agree while it’s nice having 5 on the shelf, I don’t see a point in bragging about it. It’s been a long long time since the last one.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rlkats":poervp4n said:
Sports Hernia":poervp4n said:
Marvin49":poervp4n said:
2_0_6":poervp4n said:

Hey Hernia, where is your 4 other rings? You all are a few decades behind lol. :stirthepot:

Just had to mess with ya. But I agree while it’s nice having 5 on the shelf, I don’t see a point in bragging about it. It’s been a long long time since the last one.
See, you get it. :2thumbs:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Marvin49":8x6axqdy said:
2_0_6":8x6axqdy said:

Snip/Snip. I agree with this. I have friends on a lot of teams, even the Dawgs of Cleveland. I am retired military so we have a ton of different fanships. I have also met some great players....one that made the HALL this year. A really down to earth guy...is Jerry Kramer. He played golf at a course I worked at several years back. I think he can count all the titles he wants. He turned 80 last year.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
2_0_6":3eyd4t68 said:
And an even larger chunk of the 2012th man weren't even S̶e̶a̶h̶a̶w̶k̶s̶ football fans until 6 years ago. Best part is I've been on this forum since 2010, and I'm not a Seahawks fan, yet you found the best Seahawks forum in 2013. It's almost like you jumped on the bandwagon... or perhaps you're an old man and didn't know about the internet until then, who can say. :lol:

Also for the record, gold is fairly inert. It doesn't "rust." (quick additional note: rust is iron(III) oxide. How is gold, which is not iron, going to form iron(III) oxide?) :les:

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
rlkats":2wh00x4e said:
Sports Hernia":2wh00x4e said:
Marvin49":2wh00x4e said:
2_0_6":2wh00x4e said:

No one was bragging about it. That guy just decided to slip that in for reasons I can't imagine. All I said was that Sherman and all the Hawks players had a right to be angry at the offensive coaches for not running Lynch. That apparently triggered him. But I can't imagine a scenario where Sherman (and the other defensive players) holding a grudge about that isn't reasonable. That's why I said I give Lynch respect for more or less letting it go. He lives to a different drum beat.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":tpcmv8m8 said:
Marvin49":tpcmv8m8 said:
2_0_6":tpcmv8m8 said:

It depends entirely on the context in which the bragging takes place.

If its just a last ditch argument where they have nothing else to say and they revert to simply, "yeah, well my team has 5 rings and yours doesn't", then yes. That's lame.

If its bragging about the franchise and its historical place in professional sports franchises, then that isn't lame.

If its a comparison of the teams in their present state then the rings have no bearing on the conversation.

The only thing past 49ers teams provide to the current day 49ers is nostalgia, championship expectations from past players, and a great source of mentorship to present day players. It also has an impact to free agents, prospective coaches, etc to walk into the HQ and see those 5 Lombardis on display. The history is a factor (but not THE factor) is bringing those players and coaches on board.

Shanahan is a good example. Money of course it the big thing, but in his case he had a history here with his dad being the OC of the 94' team that won a SB and the 49ers were big on his list of places he'd want to go.

The bottom line, that history does have an impact, but it isn't and shouldn't be a tool to whack people over the head with in a serious "my team is better than yours" argument. That said i do use it to bug some of my friends (Saints, Bears, Dolphins). Its really good for my Dolphin fan buddy because the Niners beat his precious Dan Marino in only 1 of 2 SBs played in the Bay Area.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":k7urzzn3 said:
rlkats":k7urzzn3 said:
Sports Hernia":k7urzzn3 said:
Marvin49":k7urzzn3 said:

No one was bragging about it. That guy just decided to slip that in for reasons I can't imagine. All I said was that Sherman and all the Hawks players had a right to be angry at the offensive coaches for not running Lynch. That apparently triggered him. But I can't imagine a scenario where Sherman (and the other defensive players) holding a grudge about that isn't reasonable. That's why I said I give Lynch respect for more or less letting it go. He lives to a different drum beat.
Funny thing was is I’m not arguing with you on that, and most of that I agree with. Just think it’s funny when niner fans get their backs up here. ....and you are one of the better ones......

Sports Hernia

Reaction score

If its just a last ditch argument where they have nothing else to say and they revert to simply, "yeah, well my team has 5 rings and yours doesn't", then yes. That's lame.

Marvin
———-

That’s the EXACT situation I was referring to. Thanks for an honest answer.

rlkats

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3cl754m4 said:

Marvin
———-

That’s the EXACT situation I was referring to. Thanks for an honest answer.

Hey, you know what?

My team has 5 rings. Bwahahahahaha I kill myself.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":23n8he3s said:
5_Golden_Rings":23n8he3s said:
rlkats":23n8he3s said:
Sports Hernia":23n8he3s said:

Funny thing was is I’m not arguing with you on that, and most of that I agree with. Just think it’s funny when niner fans get their backs up here. ....and you are one of the better ones......
I didn’t like Sherman because he’s a crap talker, but the other guys I grudgingly had to respect. And Lynch was so entertaining off the field it was hard not to like him. Reminded me of Iverson or Barkley or Sharpe. Just says whatever he wants.

But Sherman grew on me when he stood up to Goodell.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Just an FYI for you Seahawks fan if you're curious.

Richard Sherman just announced from the podium that he'll play on Saturday. So, if yer curious... :D

adeltaY

Reaction score
Marvin49":1lp0qju5 said:

Richard Sherman just announced from the podium that he'll play on Saturday. So, if yer curious... :D

Ayyy, I'm looking forward to seeing him back in action! How many series do you think he will play?

Marvin49

Reaction score
adeltaY":u2ty6isq said:
Marvin49":u2ty6isq said:

Ayyy, I'm looking forward to seeing him back in action! How many series do you think he will play?

Dunno...starters are supposed to play the first half and perhaps first series of the 3rd, but my guess is he'll be on a short pitch count since it'll be his first game in 8 or 9 months.

Latest posts