Sherman covering #1 receiver

strohmin

Reaction score
We payed Sherman 14 mill a year to do exactly what hes good at to help us win. We didn't pay him 14 mill a year to satisfy your personal desires. I hope and expect him to do exactly what hes been doing.

Cartire

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":vyqd7l3p said:
Treghc":vyqd7l3p said:
pmedic920":vyqd7l3p said:
Bryant has gotten really good. He's big, fast and skillful.
I don't think moving Sherm is the answer.
I think beating Romo's A$$ on field is. Keep pressure on Romo, knock Romo on his butt. make Romo run for his life.
IMHO that's how you take Bryant out of the mix.

That's asking a lot from our "hardly blitz ever" team going up against an o-line like Dallas'.
They played Sherman man to man on Boldin in game 2 last year and shut him down when he had 200 yards the week before. I would do it just to watch Dezzy the mental midget have another meltdown. 8)

And we never did it again. Boldin was literally the only receiver they had. And Browner was out with injury that game. It was a prefect storm of reasons to do it. But not a model to continue.

And notice that Shermans pick was on VD that game.

We got a good thing going.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sherman on Dez isn't the key to the game.. stopping Murray and making the Cowboys one-dimensional is.

If we contain Murray, the Cowboys will be blown out IMO.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2lqjilma said:
Sherman on Dez isn't the key to the game.. stopping Murray and making the Cowboys one-dimensional is.

If we contain Murray, the Cowboys will be blown out IMO.

:13: Co-signed!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
FreshlySnipes":3sfvd19p said:
heard an interesting benefit to Sherman playing only on 1 side.. I think it was Curt Warner who pointed out that it makes it harder for the offense to determine if the Seahawks are in Man or Zone Coverage because Sherman is always on the same side of the field and not following 1 player on man. Not really sure how difficult it is for the defense to determine Man vs. Zone with out without Sherman following a player but its an interesting observation.

I too would like to see how Sherman Matches up against a 1-1 player assignment on a top receiver. Apparently out of 203 something plays, Sherman has been on the same side of the field for like 200 of them. I dont remember the exact numbers but it was something like that. they were talking about it during the Monday night pregame.

Agree with this stat. One of the times he was lined up on the other side is because there was no TE or WR on his side at all. One TE moved over to his side and we got slapped in the face. He went back to his side and has been a good kid since. :mrgreen:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
All these things that we need to do to convince the critics of each individual player's contribution/worth/skill are all things that separate the individual from the actual team. Last I checked. Individuals win awards and fantasy points. Teams win games and championships.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
strohmin":243s17f5 said:
We payed Sherman 14 mill a year to do exactly what hes good at to help us win. We didn't pay him 14 mill a year to satisfy your personal desires. I hope and expect him to do exactly what hes been doing.
Relax, it was just a suggestion on something I'd like to see, do you really think they'd come to some average Joe (me) on .net for advice. Hey, I enjoy Dezzy's meltdowns, so sue me! 8)