Sherman vs Brown & Shead vs Bryant

iigakusei

Reaction score
Pittsburgh lives on big plays. Make sure to keep everything in front of them and hopefully play stout defense in the red zone and limit them to field goals.

AB84

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":2micolgk said:
Who's been running the rock for Pitt while Bell's been out?

Effective?

Seems like they are one dimensional, no?
Deangelo Williams replaced Bell, so there was not too big of a drop off in effectiveness. He's only started 4 games, but has over 500yds, 5TD's, and is averaging 5ypc. He's no Le'Veon Bell, but he's stepped in and been just as effective.

tooshort

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":3gw34p1h said:
Wizofwest":3gw34p1h said:
If Rawls gets the start this week we will get back to Seahawks football of controlling the clock and limiting our opposition from having the ball. This will disrupt any rhythm the Steeler offense couild gain.

THIS^ That is how we won the Beastquake game with Whitehurst as our QB. We ran the ball and controlled the clock, and didn't give Brees the luxury of having enough time to kill us. The 12s are going to have to bring their A game on Sunday as well to make life difficult for Ben and Co.

I'm not sure that I'd call 19 carries for Lynch and 27 minutes TOP "running the ball and controlling the clock", and HASSELBECK's 4 Touchdowns may have helped with the whole "winning" thing in the Beastquake game. I do think that the upcoming game has the potential to be similar to how that game played out in real life though, lot's and lot's of scoring :stirthepot:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":tbl1cgp1 said:
Run the ball. Keep Ben off the field.

"The Steelers are expecting me to pound Rawls all game.. time to have Russell throw it 50 times.." - Inside Bevell's head.

Seymour

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":24q90j7k said:
Wizofwest":24q90j7k said:
If Rawls gets the start this week we will get back to Seahawks football of controlling the clock and limiting our opposition from having the ball. This will disrupt any rhythm the Steeler offense couild gain.

THIS^ That is how we won the Beastquake game with Whitehurst as our QB. We ran the ball and controlled the clock, and didn't give Brees the luxury of having enough time to kill us. The 12s are going to have to bring their A game on Sunday as well to make life difficult for Ben and Co.

Correction. That was Hasselbeck playing in that game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_Quake

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Wouldn't you double up Brown?
One up front one in the back?

Let Sherman go one on one with Bryant.

Just have to watch Heath.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":cerc99gn said:
Wizofwest":cerc99gn said:

I'm just so very confused

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1gp3eq7r said:
Ace_Rimmer":1gp3eq7r said:
Wizofwest":1gp3eq7r said:

I'm just so very confused
He obviously is as well

kearly

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3djyh7mw said:
So I guess I should start big Ben in fantasy this week?

Start everybody. It's gonna be a fantasy bonanza game most likely, for both teams. Should be a fun game actually. Its weird how the frantic nature of this game and the high stakes for both teams have kinda made me forget about the XL revenge angle. Though I guess I'll remember it real quick if Seattle loses.

drdiags

Reaction score
kearly":1a7pqqgk said:
Tech Worlds":1a7pqqgk said:
So I guess I should start big Ben in fantasy this week?

Start everybody. It's gonna be a fantasy bonanza game most likely, for both teams. Should be a fun game actually. Its weird how the frantic nature of this game and the high stakes for both teams have kinda made me forget about the XL revenge angle. Though I guess I'll remember it real quick if Seattle loses.

I would be leery of starting D Williams, though depending on how the game unfolds maybe he is breaking off big runs late?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Wow. Is our secondary really that bad? I thought we had the best in the league. Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, Richard Sherman, and Jeremy Lane are all talented players, plus we have legitimate pass rushers on the line....yet I am seeing predictions that Pittsburgh is going to pass all over us and score 30+ points?

I'm not saying that it's a bad prediction...it's just...what the hell happened to our pass defense that we're actually scared of teams passing the ball on us? It used to be you'd have to have a strong running game to hang with us.

drdiags

Reaction score
I thought it when watching the Rams opener that this defense reminded me of the 2012 version that couldn't get off the field on 3rd downs and would blow leads in the 4th quarter. Carson Palmer lit up the LOB at home. Gabbert worked them with the TEs. Newton and Dalton had perfect QB ratings in the 4th quarter (or so it seemed).

For this season at least, the secondary is not the best in the league. When Big Ben is healthy, he and his WRs are a challenge for any secondary. If Ben can step up into a clean pocket or brush off the DL attempting to take him down, yes the Steelers will be able to score and score a lot.

We will see if that is the case Sunday but if the Seahawks weren't my team I would think they can be thrown on.