Sherman

JustTheTip

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1eseegj2 said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if Pete forces Bevell to take responsibility publicly for 49 instead of throwing Lockette under the bus, the locker room, including Sherman, is a different place going forward.

Yup, Pete killed a great team's buy into his philosophy with that one single action.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Cyrus12":3hnwi93n said:
Sherman should have 3 rings...

He COULD have had 3 rings, but we could play that game all day. Russ should have 2 rings...Hasselbeck, Walt, Alexander, etc, should have a ring...On and on and on we go.

TreeRon

Reaction score
JustTheTip":ctmdih35 said:
hawksfansinceday1":ctmdih35 said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if Pete forces Bevell to take responsibility publicly for 49 instead of throwing Lockette under the bus, the locker room, including Sherman, is a different place going forward.

Yup, Pete killed a great team's buy into his philosophy with that one single action.

Water under the bridge, let's move on.

This is turning into the Bill Buckner of football.

John63

Reaction score
TAB420":rmwcht1l said:
I thought he gave up a couple of huge plays that really hurt the Niner's. What do you guys think?

Yup he was not good at all.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
What it really comes down to, I think had already essentially been said by another poster; Sherm is still a top level CB, but not "elite" as he once was, and chances are, it's downhill from here. I think he may get gassed by the end of games, it's natural, he's played so long at such a high level. That "long speed" he doesn't have it is a problem that would only worsen.

That said, he's still gonna be a top 15 in the league level CB for a few more years. They need to be grooming replacements and giving him more time on the sideline on certain plays to keep him at his optimal as the years go by. He needs to know when to quit too. Remains to be seen how that will play out.

I think he said it well in his tweet, and I'm so glad they lost! :mrgreen: :irishdrinkers:

JustTheTip

Reaction score
TreeRon":4pds5rgt said:
JustTheTip":4pds5rgt said:
hawksfansinceday1":4pds5rgt said:

Water under the bridge, let's move on.

This is turning into the Bill Buckner of football.

If he had learned from the mistake it would be water under the bridge.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Sherman doesn't have the straight line 'track' speed he used to have and if teams can isolate a speed guy one on one deep he is capable of being beat. Just the nature of getting old, Charles Woodson had to shift to LOS safety/nickel later in his career once he couldn't keep up deep. He still is an excellent tackler and great in run support. I believe he gave up one of the the lowest passer completion percentages too. In the 49ers hybrid Seahawks scheme he should have a few more years at a high level.

His persona is love him if he's with you and hate him if he isn't. He'll always be one of my favorite players on the Seahawks and hope he can retire as one.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Sadly on the Hawks today,he would be our best CB.. and damn can that guy tackle.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I don't think we would have got as good a Sherm as the Niners got this year, just from the fact he would not have had that great pass rush to help, which he had in his days as a Hawk too.
Where he would have helped is moving everyone down a spot. In the Green Bay game we still wouldn't have seen him take on Adams since the Packers would have moved him away, but it would have been better to then have Griffin on him instead of Flowers.

HawkerD

Reaction score
John63":3rb22hrr said:
TAB420":3rb22hrr said:
I thought he gave up a couple of huge plays that really hurt the Niner's. What do you guys think?

Yup he was not good at all.

just his ability to tackle puts him ahead of anyone the Hawks can trot out at CB. Saw him give up one big play and considering the speed he was covering, he did good enough. 9er's lost because their offense took a dump in the 4th qtr.

evergreen

Reaction score
Yikes 6-6 158.3. I think 158.3 is good?!!!!