Sherm's Tweet

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2g7mmsfn said:
Well, sure he could have kept it to himself. But, the fans have been spoiled whiney babies. And MANY of them counted them out weeks ago, let alone pick them to lose almost all the time and talk major junk about their "team" often.
According to plenty on this site, the Hawks were supposedly gonna' get their "teeth kicked in" by the Cowboys and the Eagles.
Let's not leave out the plenty on this site that thought the Hawks were going to beat the Rams. It's a two way street. Some people think the doom n gloom and some people think the rose color.

I, for one, did not think they would make the playoffs back in week 8. That is still a very real possibility. I also thought they would lose to the Cowboys but beat the Rams. This week my Cowboys prediction went to winning because NOBODY gave them a chance in the media. The point there is that they are just guesses nothing more.

I think the "spoiled whiney babies" are nothing more than people that realize the opportunity that is being wasted with the lack of addressing problems that are pretty obvious. Or at least the lack of a little effort of addressing them. I do commend them for the addition of LT Brown. At least that was an effort, albeit a late one.

It is very frustrating to watch the failures and faults go without attention. That's all I think it is. Just frustration. Sherman gets to express his frustration on the sideline but apparently doesn't think fans are allowed to.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3j2n1s93 said:
lukerguy":3j2n1s93 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/809605037865304065[/tweet]

Hypocrite much, Richard?

I have not, NOT turned on players and coaches... okay maybe Tom Cable a bit, but generally hold up the franchise with high regard in all areas, but if there was someone who COULDN'T tweet what he just tweeted, it would be RS.

You and RS are not in this in the same way, so comparing what he does as a football player and what you do as a football fan would be a false equivalency.
If anything, as a football player on the team RS has an even greater responsibility to respect his coaches than fans do. He publicly berated a coach whom he has no direct reporting to as an offensive coordinator & CB. "He turned on his coach" and then said fans should stop turning on the coach. Hypocrite.

Like I said, I'm not one of those upset bitter fans. I do think we need some help at OLINE coach after season after season of mediocre to poor play at those position groups, but you can check my previous messages or tweets, I'm not someone who complains about the Hawks often.

I would, however, taken this tweet better had it been literally any other Seahawk other than RS given his history turning on people.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Yep. Total hypocrisy here.

Sherman has openly berated Bevell publicly, and had a sit-down with Carroll about it. He said what most of us were thinking. And now he's gonna act like that never happened? Pfffft.

Dude, our defense has done a FANTASTIC job, especially considering all the injuries. But our offense has, once again, been pure garbage and deserves to be called out. All that great work on the defensive side of the ball only to watch our offense sputter all season long and do nothing to help them out.

RS can say whatever he wants. At this point, I'm praying that Carroll wakes the hell up and fires Bevell. Then I won't need to talk trash about him. Take that garbage minny offense and GTFO.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I love Sherman as much as the next guy. This tweet tells me one thing. That the team is beginning to Gel again, now if they could capitalize on it and get the OC to produce like the defense does it would mean much more. Having the 13th ranked defense when they've been eviscerated by injuries is legit. The Offense COULD NOT sustain that kind of personnel loss and still produce winning efforts. The defense has put together wins with the equivalent of losing Russ, Baldwin and Graham at the same time.

So yeah, I'll stand by my criticism of Bevell and Cable. My respect for Kris Richard has gone through the roof though.

Bevell and Cable, step up or step out. You're slowing this train down.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HansGruber":3ee6f8b6 said:

Sherman has openly berated Bevell publicly, and had a sit-down with Carroll about it. He said what most of us were thinking. And now he's gonna act like that never happened? Pfffft.

Dude, our defense has done a FANTASTIC job, especially considering all the injuries. But our offense has, once again, been pure garbage and deserves to be called out. All that great work on the defensive side of the ball only to watch our offense sputter all season long and do nothing to help them out.

RS can say whatever he wants. At this point, I'm praying that Carroll wakes the hell up and fires Bevell. Then I won't need to talk trash about him. Take that garbage minny offense and GTFO.

It’s really not hypocrisy though, is it.

RS works as an employee of the team, as does Bevell. You can argue pecking order and communication channels, but Sherman was having a dispute about work with another employee.

RS And the fans are not the same. And for me, that’s where his tweet took the wrong tone

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Uncle Si":30ct2zv7 said:
HansGruber":30ct2zv7 said:

RS works as an employee of the team, as does Bevell. You can argue pecking order and communication channels, but Sherman was having a dispute about work with another employee.

RS And the fans are not the same. And for me, that’s where his tweet took the wrong tone

Naw, I think he's defending Kris Richard and his ability to rally the defense. Especially after the dumpster fire VS the Rams. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Sherman throw a party if Bevell were to leave.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2m53ag9m said:
Uncle Si":2m53ag9m said:
HansGruber":2m53ag9m said:

Naw, I think he's defending Kris Richard and his ability to rally the defense. Especially after the dumpster fire VS the Rams. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Sherman throw a party if Bevell were to leave.

So...he was still working though, right?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I’m not going to accept any criticism from Seahawks players after their showing at home against the Rams. Fans pay good money to see those games, and the home team laid down and didn’t even try. I can accept not winning, but I can’t accept not trying. I don’t care who was out injured. When a team of pro athletes collectively quits, they should expect pointed criticism from the fans.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2elib72y said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2elib72y said:
Uncle Si":2elib72y said:
HansGruber":2elib72y said:

So...he was still working though, right?

Absolutely. On the clock.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":dpep18pd said:
I love Sherman as much as the next guy. This tweet tells me one thing. That the team is beginning to Gel again, now if they could capitalize on it and get the OC to produce like the defense does it would mean much more. Having the 13th ranked defense when they've been eviscerated by injuries is legit. The Offense COULD NOT sustain that kind of personnel loss and still produce winning efforts. The defense has put together wins with the equivalent of losing Russ, Baldwin and Graham at the same time.

So yeah, I'll stand by my criticism of Bevell and Cable. My respect for Kris Richard has gone through the roof though.

Bevell and Cable, step up or step out. You're slowing this train down.

Ehh the equivalent of losing Sherman, Kam, and Avril on offense would be Graham, Britt, and Doug. Losing Wilson would be like losing Wagner and Earl Thomas on defense.

People need to stop getting it twisted. Russell Wilson is a Top 5 player in the NFL.

irocdave

Reaction score
LOL at everyone talking about Sherman's thoughts on fans. All I know is that I am happy to see him stick up for his teammates. He is a dipstick sometimes, but he is our dipstick and is a great player. Nice to see him try and be a leader as he is getting older and the "you didn't think I could do it" mentality transitions in to one of " you know what your going to get, bring it and see if it's good enough" mentality.

THAT is what happens when you get older and are forced to mature. Nice to see nature still works on elite athletes, same it does for regular people.

I did not find anything wrong with what Sherman said as long as it's taken in context of him being a good teammate. If you think your going to get worldly advise from Sherman, that fits every square peg in to a round hole, shame on you. You should start focusing on your life and stop being a fan, your doing it wrong.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I don't think Sherm is a hypocrite. I think there's a difference between constructive criticism and the way some fans react to our team. Criticizing Bevell is constructive criticism, for example. Pretending as if this team is not far from the Browns and whining as if we've had little success is another thing all together

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Scorpion05":yn2q8srr said:
I don't think Sherm is a hypocrite. I think there's a difference between constructive criticism and the way some fans react to our team. Criticizing Bevell is constructive criticism, for example. Pretending as if this team is not far from the Browns and whining as if we've had little success is another thing all together

Maybe being on the sidelines with Bevell has led to the same kind of brainwashing as the entire coaching staff. I wonder how Bevell would do up in the booth instead of on the sidelines?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The problem isn’t with the fans. It’s the players who have turned against each other and the staff. You do you Sherm.

Latest posts