Sherm's Tweet

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2s714dfl said:
I love Sherm, and hopes he is a hawk for life. With that being said, criticism comes with the territory from hardcore Hawks fans to fans of rivals and everything in between. Its not just Hawks fans, its not just an NFL thing. This happens in every city, for every sport, for every team.

He should just ignore the noise and play football.

I wish he could play football... again this season...

SeaChat

Reaction score
seahawksny":3l5l12bh said:
Thoughts?
We have gotten spoiled after years of mediocrity. It clearly is a miracle this team potentially could go 10-6

"1 win away from another 10 win season!" Sherman tweeted. "The fans that have turned on players and coaches. You should be ashamed of yourself. This team has overcome Tons of adversity and shown incredible resolve. There are teams out there that haven't had a winning season in years. Be grateful."

I can say to Sherm and to everyone else that would listen, at the risk of ridicule and even outright rejection by some, I have stuck to all but the same message that Sherm relayed in his tweet, throughout.. The Seahawks have been asked to do what too many have said was highly unlikely or completely impossible, and proven again that it was completely doable..

Every loss has been followed by a barrage of pos,t by all the usual suspect, hurling insults, criticisms, and launching outright character assassinations, aimed at whoever they have decided is the root of all our failures and faults. Always followed by a rallying call for a posse or vigilante committee, to round up all these decided failures for a lynching from the nearest tree.

I have stayed the course and continued to counter, that the Seahawks have, in spite of suffering the losses of some greatest talents from our ranks, over the course of this season, have filled those positions with some incredible talents in their own rights, and that with each passing game have continued to evolve into an offensive and defensive force to be reckoned with, complete with a running game.

I can't say that I've had much success in getting many to weigh in on my side in these matters. I know it's no party being on the unpopular side of thing in these forum settings. I haven't always sided with the Seahawks, when they brought Mike Holmgren in, I thought he rip the heart and soul out the Seahawks team. Yeah did a little better stat wise, but it was like watching a racing horse who had been rebroke on the end of a short handled shovel to the head.

It might win some races but everyone noticed the spirit that made it one special was gone. That is what John and Pete breathed back into the Seahawks Organization as a whole. I have trusted that their collective hearts, minds, and souls for that matter are in the right place when it comes to decision making, and I trust they are by far more capable of making changes in coaches and players than anyone else involved, 12 Men included.

If they sincerely feel that anyone isn't up to the tasks they were hired to perform, they won't hesitate to hand them their pink slip, and sending them home to pack, and they won't need a posse or vigilante group to persuade them. I still believe in the magic of the 12th man spirit, and the incredible spirit that drives the entire team to aspire to greatness. when the chips are down.

I'm still looking for a non stop run to the Super Bowl in 2018, I still believe and will keep the faith to very last second of every play of every game between now and then. The season will end when it ends, Until then "We (the 12th men women and children) Got Your Backs",

Go Seahawks !

Scorpion05

Reaction score
WmHBonney":6zqkjfnd said:
Would New England be satisfied with another 10-win season? I HATE the Patriots but they are the measuring stick. There is no reason why we cannot be another New England. Talent-wise, I think we are better and deeper. Therefore, I will hold the 'Hawks to a higher standard. We just need someone to be more like Belichick when it comes to personnel decisions. Ruthless.

If we want to be the Patriots so badly, should we also add cheating to our resume? Take the good with the bad. The Pats will always have an asterisk by half the country no matter how good they are

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Patriots are the better organization .

Hawks could have competed for that prize but failed - miserably.

Sad...

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":kq61jmqj said:
MontanaHawk05":kq61jmqj said:
One of the longest runs of domination in the Super Bowl era and people are dissatisfied. Gotta agree with him.
1 Super bowl isnt domination baby. The Cowboys and 49ers had better runs in the 90s

I said "one of the".

Those who require repeated Super Bowls for their satisfaction are simply being unreasonable. They'd fit right in with the New England fans who start calling for Brady's head every time they lose. :lol:

Sure, it'd be nice. But every season yields a handful of teams with outstanding talent. They can't all go to the Super Bowl. We've already proven better than anyone in the league in the last five years (except New England) by continuing to go back.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RussB":1rlelrjj said:
Siouxhawk":1rlelrjj said:
RussB":1rlelrjj said:
Jville":1rlelrjj said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/945087738512060416[/tweet]
A lot of the ungrateful fans have identified themselves in this forum.

Let's hope they can muster more understanding and love for family members and neighbors than what has been directed at coaches and players in the last 18 hours.

Cherish the day ....... there will be no refunds or do overs.
We arent ungrateful, we just want the dead weight like bevell and cable gone so the team can live up to its potential. They are dragging the team down.
And exactly why Sherm called you types out.
Bevell and cable suck. Sherman doesnt like them either. Remember when he attacked bevell on the sideline?
Don’t remember that at all, because it didn’t happen. And I really don’t think you speak for Sherm.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3gl2gnfw said:
Would New England be satisfied with another 10-win season? I HATE the Patriots but they are the measuring stick. There is no reason why we cannot be another New England. Talent-wise, I think we are better and deeper. Therefore, I will hold the 'Hawks to a higher standard. We just need someone to be more like Belichick when it comes to personnel decisions. Ruthless.

I honestly think we have had a better roster pretty much since winning the superbowl than the Pats. Cant wait for Brady and Bill to leave together and put Pats fans in their place of mediocrity for decades

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":120g4ilt said:
hawknation2017":120g4ilt said:
He's referring to the unnecessary vitriol sent to players, not intelligent criticism.

gettyimages-463873923.jpg

Grateful for Richard Sherman. Go Hawks!
That went over the heads of the “Moore-on’s“ and Bevell fanboys, sadly.
Without Sherm there isnt a Lombardi in the trophy case.

More like without Lynch and Wilson there isnt a Lombardi in the trophy case. I dont know how many times those two have bailed out Bevells horrendous playcalling. Now you see it finally hitting home where even Wilson cant overcome it. Without those two we would of just been the NFC version of the Texans, maybe Ravens when they had a dominant D or more recently the Jags.

No matter how good the D is it still doesnt matter if the offense literally does nothing which is the most frustrating thing about our offense...they constantly fail

Having said that our loss to NE is both on the D choking in the 4th quarter and the offense not doing anything to seal it away

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":z97ixezk said:
Sports Hernia":z97ixezk said:
hawknation2017":z97ixezk said:
He's referring to the unnecessary vitriol sent to players, not intelligent criticism.

More like without Lynch and Wilson there isnt a Lombardi in the trophy case. I dont know how many times those two have bailed out Bevells horrendous playcalling. Now you see it finally hitting home where even Wilson cant overcome it. Without those two we would of just been the NFC version of the Texans, maybe Ravens when they had a dominant D or more recently the Jags.

No matter how good the D is it still doesnt matter if the offense literally does nothing which is the most frustrating thing about our offense...they constantly fail

Having said that our loss to NE is both on the D choking in the 4th quarter and the offense not doing anything to seal it away
Or maybe Bev’s planning and play calling put Lynch and Wilson in the best position to execute.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2b6hcoui said:
WilsonMVP":2b6hcoui said:
Sports Hernia":2b6hcoui said:
hawknation2017":2b6hcoui said:

Or maybe Bev’s planning and play calling put Lynch and Wilson in the best position to execute.

Oh ya im sure Bev playcalled it up for russ to run around and make miracle plays or Lynch to break tackle upon tackle after getting first contact at the LOS constantly

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3t2gcm9k said:
Siouxhawk":3t2gcm9k said:
WilsonMVP":3t2gcm9k said:
Sports Hernia":3t2gcm9k said:

Oh ya im sure Bev playcalled it up for russ to run around and make miracle plays or Lynch to break tackle upon tackle after getting first contact at the LOS constantly
Knowing each of those players’ aptitudes and skill sets, yes, provisions in the play allow and anticipate those. Hell, they work on those in practice.

lukerguy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/809605037865304065[/tweet]

Hypocrite much, Richard?

I have not, NOT turned on players and coaches... okay maybe Tom Cable a bit, but generally hold up the franchise with high regard in all areas, but if there was someone who COULDN'T tweet what he just tweeted, it would be RS.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
lukerguy":2ilhu1r9 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/809605037865304065[/tweet]

Hypocrite much, Richard?

I have not, NOT turned on players and coaches... okay maybe Tom Cable a bit, but generally hold up the franchise with high regard in all areas, but if there was someone who COULDN'T tweet what he just tweeted, it would be RS.

You and RS are not in this in the same way, so comparing what he does as a football player and what you do as a football fan would be a false equivalency.

For that... Sherman is being a but of hypocrite here as well. But not because he's calling out the fans, but because he's ignoring the precedent of poor football played this year.

It was a good win, he shouldve brought the fans to that, not further divided the two groups

themunn

Reaction score
WmHBonney":29htyqyj said:

Since 2002 (division realignment) the Patriots divisional rivals have had a total of FOUR 10 win seasons between them

We've had 5 since 2012, compared to the Patriots 1 in that same time.

MO Hawk

Reaction score
"IF" we finish the season T 10-6, that means we lost 38% of our games.

"IF" a healthy Richard Sherman got beat deep 38% of the time, would he tell the coaches to relax, he did his job 62% of the time? Would he call them out for being critical or cynical?

and "IF" Sherman got beat 38% of the time, would coaches and other LOB members keep positive attitudes towards him or would they at some point criticize performance and eventually want him replaced?

Critical fans are no different than critical coaches who cut players in season and off season. Why then is it wrong for fans to also want to cut players or coaches to be critics at times?

For perspective, Blair Walsh has missed LESS than 38% of his field goals this year, think he'll be back next year? Pete Caroll sais "Blair is our guy", anyone beleive PETE really believes that?

is 10-6 bad? If you ask the Cleveland Browns, it's great, for the Patriots it's terrible.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MO Hawk":1nfe16cg said:
is 10-6 bad? If you ask the Cleveland Browns, it's great, for the Patriots it's terrible.

The Seahawks are neither...

Not a single team in the Super Bowl era NFL history can be, nor should be, compared to the New England Patriots.

Fans can react any way they choose. Sherman missed the mark on his tweet. I think he was excited for the win and the hope it inspired, but he conveyed it very poorly

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, sure he could have kept it to himself. But, the fans have been spoiled whiney babies. And MANY of them counted them out weeks ago, let alone pick them to lose almost all the time and talk major junk about their "team" often.
According to plenty on this site, the Hawks were supposedly gonna' get their "teeth kicked in" by the Cowboys and the Eagles.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1w9ff42l said:
Well, sure he could have kept it to himself. But, the fans have been spoiled whiney babies. And MANY of them counted them out weeks ago, let alone pick them to lose almost all the time and talk major junk about their "team" often.
According to plenty on this site, the Hawks were supposedly gonna' get their "teeth kicked in" by the Cowboys and the Eagles.

Not a question of keeping it to himself... but why not make the message more celebratory? Thats my only issue. The relationship the team has had with the fans over the last 6 years has been amazing. Why not focus on that and let the doubters reconsider (rational or not)