Should see Hawks trade for Andre Johnson?

Steve2222

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2liwggew said:
How about we trade Harvin and a spare OL to Cleveland for Joe Thomas and then sign AJ?

Because Cleveland would never make that trade

Meeker

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":uei948w5 said:
I assume Houston would want multiple 1st rounders, so no. Johnson is 31 and entering his often injured phase.

I doubt they get anywhere close to multiple firsts. He actually turns 33 tomorrow.

kearly

Reaction score
Seattle already has a pretty good amount of money put into WR, and Johnson turns 33 tomorrow. He's under contract for mega millions, it's just not even slightly feasible. Plus, our WR situation is looking pretty good at the moment.

Carolina would make sense if Carolina had the money, which they don't.

The one team that I think makes the most sense is Cleveland. They have a rookie QB who made a habit of leaning on elite WRs in college, and without Josh Gordon their remaining WR group is sub-par. Cleveland has money to spend too.

Not sure if the Giants or Eagles have the money but they could both use Andre Johnson as well.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Wasn't Andre Johnson on the same Miami Hurricanes team as Santana Moss? He's got to be getting up there.. I would pass.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Steve2222":3rfwfspi said:
Carolina would be absolutely stupid not to be the highest bidders for his services. They have no playmakers at all surrounding Cam.

Doesn't fit the new MO, sacrificing the future for the present. Unlikely due to $$$.

Tical21

Reaction score
No money. The Rams had better get on the horn though.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I would love to have him here but the numbers probably don't work. We have under 8M in cap space remaining, so unless winning was so important to him that he was willing to lose millions of dollars it's not happening.

Now, if he were willing to do that, then you have to say there's a guy that just wants to win and will play his butt off for you and along with his talent it would be hard to overlook.

sutz

Reaction score
My first thought was.........why?

:229031_shrug:

HawkWow

Reaction score
As a run 1st offense, there's not going to be enough balls for Harvin, Baldwin, Kearse, Norwood or Richardson plus 1, as it is.

And believe me...right now we are seeing a rather tame, complacent Percy Harvin. The fewer touches he gets, the less complacent Harvin will be. If you're going to bring on another big name, big dollar receiver, you better start looking for a trade partner for Percy. And I am not bashing Harvin in saying this. When healthy, you better get him his touches. The great ones always want the ball.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Not going to happen but let's say if Houston wanted

Jermaine Kearse
Sidney Rice
Richardo Lockette
(3 WRs for 1)

Plus

Max Unger (replaced by Jeanpierre or Van Roten)
Zach Miller (replaced by Willson or McCoy)

To make the money work out a little better.

If I was JS, I'd probably do it and not even hesitate.

Andre Johnson
Percy Harvin
Doug Baldwin

Would instantly be one of the top WR corps in the NFL, if not the best.

King Dog

Reaction score
Oh damn. Can you imagine Johnson,Percy,Doug and Richardson in a 4 wr set? Fap fap fap

General Manager

Reaction score
Steve2222":1xghyeyp said:
I don't even think WR is a weakness on this team. I'm thrilled with what we have.

Only if Harvin can play 12 games do I agree with this, until some of these guys prove themselves. In any case were not in a position to trade for him salary cap constraints.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I've been as critical of Harvin as anyone. Largely because I've paid extremely close attention to his entire career. College and pro. I'm putting my neck out with this, but I have a sneakin' suspicion we are going to see Harvin play as though he's playin' for MVP honors this year.

Right now, Harvin has a ton of money and a second championship. What he doesn't have, except in here, is respect. Yes, most players will call him electric and dazzling but few will agree with the way he's conducted himself as an NFL football player. You don't attack mild mannered coaches in this league and go unscathed. When Dillon went to NE, many said he was a cancer in Cincy and would just spread that cancer to NE. Dillon took exception to that and became a model citizen, the consummate team mate and won NE a SB.

I think Percy's people are telling him he has that same opportunity in Seattle. With that will come even more money, endorsements (he don't have many, if any, now) and most importantly, the respect of his peers. He very well could position himself for all pro, if not MVP in this system...and I just have a hunch he's matured enough to go after that. My main concern now is his inability to understand he is not 6'4" 230. He will need to learn to step out of bounds when a play is dead. He's not done well with that to date.

firebee

Reaction score
Harvin and a 1st for Andre Johnson... I'd be down for that. It's not that I don't think Harvin is a great receiver, it's that I don't think he can stay healthy long enough to be the same kind of factor Andre Johnson would be for the Seahawks. They're both about the same age, but Johnson has proven he's far more durable than Harvin and he's a better run blocker than Harvin, which does make him a better fit for our system than Harvin. Also a pretty cap friendly deal for the Seahawks... Gets us out from Harvin's contract, Johnson's contract comes due next year and boom... we have a ton of cap room to get Wilson and Wagner signed because we're not under Harvin's contract with Andre Johnson hitting free agency. If we could trade Harvin and a 1st for Andre Johnson, it would almost set the Hawks up perfectly to resign Wilson and Wagner next year.

King Dog

Reaction score
firebee":1mzk7spq said:
Harvin and a 1st for Andre Johnson... I'd be down for that. It's not that I don't think Harvin is a great receiver, it's that I don't think he can stay healthy long enough to be the same kind of factor Andre Johnson would be for the Seahawks. They're both about the same age, but Johnson has proven he's far more durable than Harvin and he's a better run blocker than Harvin, which does make him a better fit for our system than Harvin. Also a pretty cap friendly deal for the Seahawks... Gets us out from Harvin's contract, Johnson's contract comes due next year and boom... we have a ton of cap room to get Wilson and Wagner signed because we're not under Harvin's contract with Andre Johnson hitting free agency. If we could trade Harvin and a 1st for Andre Johnson, it would almost set the Hawks up perfectly to resign Wilson and Wagner next year.

Harvin and Johnson are about the same age? Come on maaaaaaan

firebee

Reaction score
King Dog":v26n7v5c said:
firebee":v26n7v5c said:

Harvin and Johnson are about the same age? Come on maaaaaaan

Hmmm... I guess their is a little more difference in age than thought. I thought Harvin was 30 and Johnson was 32... Didn't realize Harvin's only 26. Guess it just seems like Harvin is older because I associate people who are chronically injured with old people.