Should see Hawks trade for Andre Johnson?

McG

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":6a677o4w said:
I assume Houston would want multiple 1st rounders, so no. Johnson is 31 and entering his often injured phase.

There is no way he is worth that(which is crazy). Remember when Moss went to NE for a 4th rounder('06 I think)? He is old and hurt a lot. Best case, they would get like a 4th that could be upgraded to a 3rd. That only be if he agrees to restructure his deal before going to whatever team wanted him. I don't see any team giving up more than that for him, regardless of how talented he is.

Cartire

Reaction score
Having AJ would be amazing. that being said, there is no way we pay his asking price or even half of it. Already more then enough money tied into that position.

kearly

Reaction score
Patriots have $6.67 million in estimated cap space. Not sure if they can work out the financial side, but they seem like an obvious candidate otherwise.

Throwdown

Reaction score
firebee":1zfyxj5u said:
Harvin and a 1st for Andre Johnson... I'd be down for that. It's not that I don't think Harvin is a great receiver, it's that I don't think he can stay healthy long enough to be the same kind of factor Andre Johnson would be for the Seahawks. They're both about the same age, but Johnson has proven he's far more durable than Harvin and he's a better run blocker than Harvin, which does make him a better fit for our system than Harvin. Also a pretty cap friendly deal for the Seahawks... Gets us out from Harvin's contract, Johnson's contract comes due next year and boom... we have a ton of cap room to get Wilson and Wagner signed because we're not under Harvin's contract with Andre Johnson hitting free agency. If we could trade Harvin and a 1st for Andre Johnson, it would almost set the Hawks up perfectly to resign Wilson and Wagner next year.

You don't watch football do you?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
HawkWow":3lyrdde7 said:
Right now, Harvin has a ton of money and a second championship. What he doesn't have, except in here, is respect. .

In college He played a roll in the Gators 2006 championship and was a huge part of the 2008 title. He earned those two titles. as far as NFL championships go He did get a superowl ring but he played a very small roll if any in the hawks championship season. He knows it and he seems like the type of competitor that won't stand for it so I agree that if he is truly healthy we could see great things from a truly motivated Percy Harvin.

HansGruber

Reaction score
It would never happen. Houston won't trade him unless they get multiple firsts due to the $12m dead cap hit. Then you're going to take on the backend of a bloated contract on an aging WR? No way.

Seattle would wait for Houston to release him and then offer him a front loaded short term deal that lets us release him next year when we sign Wilson ($25m/yr cap hit). No way Johnson takes a short deal and carry all the risk like that. Doesn't make sense. Unless he really really wants a ring... but even then, really really unlikely.

HansGruber

Reaction score
On Harvin, I was probably one of his loudest critics here last season. It bothered me that he only played in the Superbowl.

But if he can get out there next season and make an impact, he'll shut up all the doubters. Myself included. It's up to Harvin.

Prove it, breh.

chris98251

Reaction score
firebee":35igev36 said:
Harvin and a 1st for Andre Johnson... I'd be down for that. It's not that I don't think Harvin is a great receiver, it's that I don't think he can stay healthy long enough to be the same kind of factor Andre Johnson would be for the Seahawks. They're both about the same age, but Johnson has proven he's far more durable than Harvin and he's a better run blocker than Harvin, which does make him a better fit for our system than Harvin. Also a pretty cap friendly deal for the Seahawks... Gets us out from Harvin's contract, Johnson's contract comes due next year and boom... we have a ton of cap room to get Wilson and Wagner signed because we're not under Harvin's contract with Andre Johnson hitting free agency. If we could trade Harvin and a 1st for Andre Johnson, it would almost set the Hawks up perfectly to resign Wilson and Wagner next year.

Why would we trade a Younger receiver for an older one and one that cost us a 1st and give him away for a older guy that could only be here one year.

Madden Football at it's best I guess, that and the fact we go younger with upside unless we have a hole to fill out of need. Last I looked we have Harvin, Baldwin, Kearse, Rice, Lockette, who were on the team last year, we have on PS or WR's brought in Phil Bates, Arceto Clark whom they were high on, Chris Matthews whom they signed from the CFL who is a 6'5 guy, Taylor Price, Brian Walters who played on the regular roster at times, then Kevin Smith a camp invite and also two guys we drafted in Paul Richardson and Kevin Norwood. Not saying that Johnson could not bump someone down but, What portion of this roster of WR says weakness to make a desperation type trade.