should we draft a QB next year?

byau

Reaction score
No I don' think so either.

Transition year. Mental exhaustion. Physical exhaustion. And to me, I still put this a lot on Cable and Bevell. Most people try to get a good o-line to protect their QB

If anything JS and PC have shown they can learn and adapt

stack55

Reaction score
I'm tired of watching Russell run out of a clean pocket.
Bench him and see what t- jack can do.

love1u0

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2t85nn7l said:
Lets replace the QB that took us to the last two Super Bowls.

Bingo we have a winner!

I cannot believe the hate and discontent some of you are showing for Wilson. This guy helped us win a fricken super bowl. When was the last time that happened??

Go back and watch the god damn games and watch how much time the opposing quarterbacks have in the pocket and then look at how long Wilson has. The ONLY way they are going to fix this team is if they replace the whole offensive line.
Of course Wilson makes mistakes...probably getting a bit gun shy from getting sacked and hurried every game.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
love1u0":1vglby0q said:
ImTheScientist":1vglby0q said:

Bingo we have a winner!

I cannot believe the hate and discontent some of you are showing for Wilson. This guy helped us win a fricken super bowl . When was the last time that happened??

Go back and watch the god damn games and watch how much time the opposing quarterbacks have in the pocket and then look at how long Wilson has. The ONLY way they are going to fix this team is if they replace the whole offensive line.
Of course Wilson makes mistakes...probably getting a bit gun shy from getting sacked and hurried every game.

LOL, You really have to watch your language here in the main forum, though I do share your frustrations with some of the short sighted crap that some of these guys are posting.

HawkMark1976

Reaction score
Seattle needs to draft a center and O line men in 2016. With the right protection, Wilson will get the extra 3 to 5 seconds he needs for the WRs/TEs to run their routes and get open so he can make pass completions. The 2015 disintegrating O-line is forcing Wilson to scramble for his life, throw early and make mistakes.

Paul Allen has to seriously consider firing Bevil and Tom Cable after this season. Bevil's play calling is illogical and has cost the hawks games this year. Cable thinking he can create an NFL professional O line from former defensive players has proven to be an insane idea that has failed miserably.

mrblitz

Reaction score
we should deal wilson and pick up kaep. kaep can be re-coached and then be better than ever. we can probably get a lot of draft picks for wilson, plus ditch out on his contract. kaep would be a cheap signing.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Here's why I agree with drafting a QB relatively high next year (~3-4th Round); I think Russell Wilson has lost the team. He looks like a guy that nobody likes. There have always been rumors of him not being a favorite in the Locker Room, but he was winning and playing well. Has that sentiment amplified due to his porous play this year? I can't help but think there is a lot of hostility towards him. And I do think it is his fault (if this is the case).

That's where my concern lies. Also, his work ethic seems to be a shell of what it was. He and the team have struggled, and quite frankly, the Mexico trip does bother me. Your team has struggled and whether or not he needed a mental break, the public imagery of this trip really doesn't speak well to the fans. I think he has bought into the celebrity lifestyle. If that's what he wants, more power to him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Or we could draft ACTUAL OFFENSIVE LINEMAN in the draft, and not just in the late rounds.
Imagine that :roll:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Is this a parody thread? :lol:

Even if the Hawks wanted to cut or trade Wilson they couldn't.

The dead money to move on from him this offseason would eat up more than their entire cap room. Basically they'd have to cut someone like Bennett just to have the privilege of moving on from Wilson and to still not have enough money to fill out their roster.

With the way his contract is structured Wilson is the Seahawks starting QB until 2018 at minimum (then the dead money goes down to 12 million or so, which is still A LOT).

FWIW I think spending meaningful draft capital (i.e. anything in the first four rounds) on a backup QB would also be a huge mistake. Those picks are MUCH better spent trying to solidify the O-Line, D-Line, CB #2 and #3, and replacing the six or seven starters that are up for FA this year.

The Seahawks both need starters, and depth that actually rotates in. Wasting that draft capital on someone who won't ever see the field just doesn't make any sense, IMO.

A

Anonymous

Nope.

We have enough skill players, we need blockers, including the TE position.

Move Graham outside (a la Gronk) and get him covered by small DBs and Linebackers then get some Giacomini-type nasty, eye-poking, nut-kicking, trash-talking, 350 lb, O-linemen and TE's, with strong ankles, long arms, and bad attitudes.

At this point, I'd settle for really bad breath.

Ozzy

Reaction score
People can't really be talking about replacing Wilson are they? I read the OP and stopped there. Wilson is still playing at a top 10 clip with the terrible line and other issues. He can definitely play better but you're in full on melt down mode if you think he needs benched

Greenhell

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":23yifrtm said:
Or we could draft ACTUAL OFFENSIVE LINEMAN in the draft, and not just in the late rounds.

This.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Of course because a backup QB is what we need right now :sarcasm_off:

Boycie

Reaction score
chris98251":3bgjzjm7 said:
Spin Doctor":3bgjzjm7 said:
Unfortunately we are stuck in a situation where Wilson is bad enough to even consider replacing, and he is not good enough to carry a team. We can win with Wilson, but I do not think he is worth the contract he received, even considering the inflation of contracts. I don't think he will ever be a player that is able to carry a team unless he fixes a few of his deficiencies. We really need him to elevate his play, and I'm wondering if we will ever see that from him --- especially in the offensive system that the Seahawks run.

That being said, we do need to look at drafting a QB, Tarvaris Jackson isn't getting any younger, and realistically I think the current team with Jackson would be under .500. I think it is also good to always have a developmental prospect, if one turns into a Schaub, Kolb, Cassel or what have you they could net some good picks.

Archie Manning was a great QB yet he could not carry N.O. either with a suck ass line and a bad OC, years of futility there, took years for Pastorini to get enough help as well, he was also a very good QB. How long could Dante' Culpepper or Randall Cunningham carry their teams when they had lousy lines and OC's that sacrificed their bodies. Lynn Dickie and Dan Makowski in Green Bay as well, we have to fix our two problems, O line and OC before we get into a trend of big contracts in the wrong places.

RW has some flaws, but the O-line is n't helping him. It isn't RW's height that is killing him, it is his lack of ability to step up into the pocket. I watched Brees a few weeks ago and he will stay in the pocket and move up and sling it. RW doesn't seem confident enough to do it with his O-line, or he just doesn't have the patience to do it. Brees and Wilson are almost the same height, so I don't buy the whole RW is a midget thing. I am not sure where Brees was in his development in his fourth year, but I am pretty sure he didn't win a SB, or go to back to back SBs.

CoRt

Reaction score
byau":3tn8z70b said:
No I don' think so either.

Transition year. Mental exhaustion. Physical exhaustion. And to me, I still put this a lot on Cable and Bevell. Most people try to get a good o-line to protect their QB

If anything JS and PC have shown they can learn and adapt

I 100% agree with this. When we WON the bowl it was with a line of 4 true O-linemen. Sweezy being the only D player on that line. Since Russell's first two seasons behind real linemen, we have all seen him scramble more and take more sacks. Cable needs to go if he can not change his philosophy on turning D-Linemen into offensive players.

OP
OP
N

northseahawk

Reaction score
love1u0":257n797s said:
ImTheScientist":257n797s said:

Bingo we have a winner!

I cannot believe the hate and discontent some of you are showing for Wilson. This guy helped us win a fricken super bowl. When was the last time that happened??

I completely agree that Wilson doesnt get enough time to function right and his OC sucks but being paid as top QB and declared as an "elite" he needs to be able to read, adapt and make changes at the line to neutralize that pass rush. He needs to be able to take some control over the offense. It's his 5th year and he is still acting like he is a rookie. I haven't seen any worthy changes from his 1st game till this day.

Look at Brady or any of the other actual elite qbs, if he gets sacked once he completely changes the game and toys with the defense if they dare to blitz again. Don't tell me his olineman are that much better. They are rotating every year and no names on his offense. The defenses against us are doing the same thing over and over and he still doesn't get. He has a clever mouth other than that he is no different than Kaepernk.

so please stop with this nonsense that Wilson's horrible play is due to other aspects of the offense. He is not elite he is just a fraud who jacked us for that contract. His is ok, a great game manager who could get us wins if everyone is playing at elite level.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2k37kqgm said:
You're making a huge assumption, that some of these jokers have an 'imagination'.

To the GOOFY notion of canning Wilson, and bringing in Callin' Kaeper-nicknack-pattywhack?...Who do you have in mind to do the RE-Training?, :roll: BEVELL? :roll: , AND, on top of that, where are you going to get the money to do all this whimsical BLUNDERING?

I love Pete Carroll, BUT, this is HIS mess up, he bought into the simplistic notion, that your Offensive Linemen can be any athletic big body that you can throw in there, and expect to see them become NFL Pro Caliber players... Sorry boys, it just doesn't always work like that, and most of our opposing Defensive Coordinators have proven it a flawed concept.
All that he and Tom Cable have managed to accomplish this Season, is field all their mistakes onto Russell Wilson to deal with...He's not Houdini. :141847_bnono: