Sick of Hearing about the Cowboys being our biggest threat

pehawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1n6zeck5 said:
FlyingGreg":1n6zeck5 said:
It's moot, because if they beat Detroit they get to go to Green Bay.

They are not beating the Pack, coming off a week of rest while the Cowboys battle the Lions. Not in Lambeau.

They have a hell of a tough road to be sure, but I'd hardly call it a foregone conclusion that they can't win at Lambeau. Them winning there wouldn't shock me at all.

Having Romo play at least two games before the Seahawks see him is an advantage. Dude has a broken back. As his rest increases so does his level of play.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I like this though, you remember what happen when Broncos were being highlighted as the team that will win. Everyone already saying Cowboys already beat Seahawks in Seattle and they can do it again. I know the Seahawks player will be amped and will come out playing tough with those guys if Cowboys can beat Detroit and Green Bay.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
pehawk":3flzvapb said:
MidwestHawker":3flzvapb said:
FlyingGreg":3flzvapb said:

They are not beating the Pack, coming off a week of rest while the Cowboys battle the Lions. Not in Lambeau.

They have a hell of a tough road to be sure, but I'd hardly call it a foregone conclusion that they can't win at Lambeau. Them winning there wouldn't shock me at all.

Having Romo play at least two games before the Seahawks see him is an advantage. Dude has a broken back. As his rest increases so does his level of play.

Yeah, no question. For however much I think that Dallas may be a tougher matchup for us than GB, them having to hypothetically deal with both Detroit and GB before coming here is pretty damn grueling.

Hawks46

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":eqc8xp1t said:
But don't you think they probably are the biggest threat? Despite their schedule, they're mopping up and are on fire right now. If they weren't a strong team, they wouldn't be blowing their opponents out and scoring over 30pts a game. They're a good team, imo

This. We keep hearing about it because the Cowboys are probably the hottest team in the league right now. Seriously, they're not just beating teams, they're making bad teams look really bad. They also just killed Indy.

People can be sick of hearing that the Cowboys won up here, but they did, and they're the only ones this year. That's going to give them confidence they can do it again, like it or not.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Do you consider it to be disrespectful to the Seahawks because some have identified Dallas as their biggest threat, or is it the fact that any team is being considered to be a threat?

Obviously each team remaining presents some level of threat to the Seahawks. One of them has to be the highest. If people think the Cowboys are that team, who cares? Who cares if they think it is the Packers? Even if every other team presents a relatively small threat to the Seahawks, one of them has to be the most threatening.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I guess Im one of the few who really like the fact we lost the way we did this season here to Dallas.

The way we got beat was a real eye opener to not only the fans, but to the team as well. We got punched in the face in our own sandbox. If we do meet again, they will be seeing an entirely different & angry Hawks team.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2o2zmuik said:
I guess Im one of the few who really like the fact we lost the way we did this season here to Dallas.

The way we got beat was a real eye opener to not only the fans, but to the team as well. We got punched in the face in our own sandbox. If we do meet again, they will be seeing an entirely different & angry Hawks team.

I'm sure the Hawks' defense would love to make amends for 3rd and 20.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":g2m0zb66 said:
Hawk_Nation":g2m0zb66 said:

I'm sure the Hawks' defense would love to make amends for 3rd and 20.

Or for the "tripping" crap call on Sherman.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
OP, are you argueing Dallas is not our biggest threat? If so, who poses more of a threat, and why?

TAB420

Reaction score
It's not taking anything away from Seattle, someone has to be our biggest threat. I agree, I'ts Dallas.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":16wje3hd said:
But don't you think they probably are the biggest threat? Despite their schedule, they're mopping up and are on fire right now. If they weren't a strong team, they wouldn't be blowing their opponents out and scoring over 30pts a game. They're a good team, imo
Manning's Bronco's were kicking ass on the big names last Season too.
As I see it, IF there is a rematch between the Seahawks and Da Boys, their momentum is going to come to a screeching halt, as the Seahawks Defense is up and firing on all cylinders for the next go round.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
pehawk":dsro4ts8 said:
AbsolutNET":dsro4ts8 said:

Yup. Not only that, they're a tough matchup for Seattle. Hawks don't get sacks they get pressure. That means savvy pocket awareness QB's can exploit the Hawks.

But hey, I was laughed at for pointing this out before they played the Cowboys originally. What do I know?
Amazing how quickly people forget how thoroughly the Hawks were dominated at the LOS on both sides of the ball in that the last game against Dallas.

We've been humiliating rookie and backup QBs behind average OLs for the past 6 games. Facing a seasoned vet with 5-6 seconds to throw every drop back is a totally different story, especially when he's throwing to Dez Bryant and Whitten. He doesn't become the fumbling/bumbling Romo in a consitently clean pocket.

Let's also ingnore how they dominated us on the ground. A great run-blocking OL combined with an outstanding RB who patiently waits for his blockers.
Yeah, you're right they are at the bottom if our list of threats. [emoji90]

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Didn't the cowboys already win the Superbowl yesterday? This must be a thought experiment.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
A game early in the season has ZERO to do with the possible playoff team. Hawks are much better, in fact, they are the best team in football. Worry? hell no

DHawk

Reaction score
Sorry, it's the playoffs man. You size up the Seahawks opponents all you want. I'll never forget our game against the Saints at 7-9 so I'm not taking a single team lightly. 0-0 as of yesterday. Just my view of it though.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Dallas' offense is their strength. The Cowboys are 7th in total offense while the Seahawks aren't too far behind at 9th - http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total.
The Seahawk's strength is their defense. In the earlier meeting, Wagner got hurt early, BMax got hurt in the game and both were out. Burley took over for BMax and that's when Dallas offense got rolling via the passing game. Now the Seahawks are nearly at full strength, the only key player on defense that will be out is Mebane. While Mebane is a big loss, they have overcome this for multiple weeks now and have shown to be getting better each week. Hill should be back per his post-game interview.

The real test will be Seattle's sporadic offense vs. Dallas' defense. Henry Melton may be out for Dallas, if that is the case, their defense just got much weaker. Dallas' has the 19th ranked defense and has only 28 sacks. We have seen what Wilson can do if he is not pressured. Without Melton manning the middle, Dallas will have a hard time stopping Lynch and Wilson. Turbin has been playing really well as of late too. While Dallas has a strong offense, it's the defense that will struggle to keep up with the Seahawks. The offense Dallas faced in week 6 is much different than what the offense is now. Seahawks had success running against the Cowboys in week 6. For some reason they abandoned the run game during the earlier meeting. I don't think they would do that this time around, should they meet again.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
pehawk":35pscfym said:
MidwestHawker":35pscfym said:
FlyingGreg":35pscfym said:

While the extra time will allow for healing, playing at least two games certainly won't be an advantage. No bye week, and playoff games against the Lions' defense, and then possibly at Lambeau Field in January? That isn't exactly a recipe for rest and recuperation to me.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
pehawk.....if we are afraid of Dallas, how are we supposed to beat similar balanced teams like Pittsburgh, Denver and New England??

Dallas is not that good or better than any of those 3 teams OR is not as good as Green Bay.....Dallas will struggle to stop Detroit on Sunday and that's without Suh in the lineup.

I can always tell who watches the ESPN loop one too many times during the day, but Dallas is playing it's best ball but their OLine needs to match the intensity of playoff football......no one is giving Dallas their best shot like people were lining up for Seattle, so everything is relative.

Dallas isn't ringing up 30+ points on the road at Lambeau and Demarco Murray was below 70 yards once they converted that 3rd and a mile....he picked up 35+ yards after that, which was Marcus Burley, limited or injured Maxwell and limited Wagner and an inactive Jordan Hill, who is on fire......no Paul Richardson, Heflet, Moeaki and Willson all will be up and running and no Harvin distraction on the sidelines.....

Outgained by 200 yards and they won by 7....if they were THAT good, the game would have been 40-10.

Seattle is the only team that can stop itself and they also have to tackle Marshawn at crunch time, in a playoff game, on the road, after supposedly stopping Stafford, Megatron, Aaron Rodgers, Eddie Lacy, Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb at Lambeau Field, when it's probably going to be 15 degrees at kickoff.

Cowboys also played the AFC South, which was Titans, Jags, Texans and Colts.....not to be confused with Seattle playing the AFC West at Arrowhead, at San Diego and hosting Denver.....

Seattle would be 14-2 with the AFC South and Dallas would be out of the playoffs playing the AFC West.....

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
They aren't saying Dallas will beat the Hawks, they just are saying that they have the best chance compared to the other 4 NFC playoff teams to beat us based on what all the teams did for the whole season. If you really listened to a lot of the talking heads you will also hear then say how its damn near impossible for a team to come into Seattle 2 times in a year and walk away with wins in both games. What is wrong with that opinion especially if you asked Hawk fans to name one of the 5 other playoff teams who they believed was the biggest threat they would reply Dallas the majority of the time. Which of the 5 other teams do you consider our biggest threat? (and please don't reply we are our biggest threat)

Now if it was like last year while the media leading up to the Super Bowl saying how Denver with offense of the ages cant be stopped then perhaps I would feel as you are now.

Anything can happen in the playoffs, if it was as cut and dry as folks like to think it is then every Super Bowl would between the #1 seeds from the NFC and AFC year after year. I don't see the Hawks losing in the playoffs this year but I am also a realist and know nothing is ever guaranteed. Barring no unusual injuries and as long as our Hawks play how they want to play then we will be crowned Super Bowl 49 winner.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":ij2hump7 said:
pehawk.....if we are afraid of Dallas, how are we supposed to beat similar balanced teams like Pittsburgh, Denver and New England??

Dallas is not that good or better than any of those 3 teams OR is not as good as Green Bay.....Dallas will struggle to stop Detroit on Sunday and that's without Suh in the lineup.

I can always tell who watches the ESPN loop one too many times during the day, but Dallas is playing it's best ball but their OLine needs to match the intensity of playoff football......no one is giving Dallas their best shot like people were lining up for Seattle, so everything is relative.

Dallas isn't ringing up 30+ points on the road at Lambeau and Demarco Murray was below 70 yards once they converted that 3rd and a mile....he picked up 35+ yards after that, which was Marcus Burley, limited or injured Maxwell and limited Wagner and an inactive Jordan Hill, who is on fire......no Paul Richardson, Heflet, Moeaki and Willson all will be up and running and no Harvin distraction on the sidelines.....

Outgained by 200 yards and they won by 7....if they were THAT good, the game would have been 40-10.

Seattle is the only team that can stop itself and they also have to tackle Marshawn at crunch time, in a playoff game, on the road, after supposedly stopping Stafford, Megatron, Aaron Rodgers, Eddie Lacy, Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb at Lambeau Field, when it's probably going to be 15 degrees at kickoff.

Cowboys also played the AFC South, which was Titans, Jags, Texans and Colts.....not to be confused with Seattle playing the AFC West at Arrowhead, at San Diego and hosting Denver.....

Seattle would be 14-2 with the AFC South and Dallas would be out of the playoffs playing the AFC West.....

Not sure how you got "we are afraid of Dallas" from Pehawks comment

Latest posts