Sick of Hearing about the Cowboys being our biggest threat

BGHawk

Reaction score
Nobody matches up with us..absolutely nobody, and we are afraid of no team..it's just a matter of time..Go Hawks!!

12thbrah

Reaction score
Seahawks were getting beat earlier in the year because their opponents were controlling time of possession. Any team that can run the ball well and control the clock will be a threat and right now thats the Cowboys. Thing is our offense was disjointed earlier in the year as well with Percy in the lineup and the offense didnt find its identity again till he was traded. I believe we should be favored by at least a touchdown against any team that comes to the Clink right now. no joke

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
IF I could have it my way I would play both Dallas and Green Bay so when we go in and put some whoop arse on NE that it will leave no doubt who was the best, just my feelings.

Now in reality if we don't play well in any of the next games we can be packing for the off season but a little voice tells me that this is not likely to happen till February :thirishdrinkers:

45Hawker

Reaction score
Cowboys were #6 in weighted DVOA. Despite their schedule (#31), they are very good. Of possible playoff opponents, only GB is slightly better in weighted DVOA.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm concerned about every game we play. The better team doesn't always win and even heavy favorites are only 80% likely to win or so. However, I'm not concerned about any playoff team other than NE above and beyond that 20% "anything can happen in the NFL" probability of crazy events. There's so much other stuff around Belichick that I don't think he gets nearly the respect he deserves as a brilliant coach and I think we would be favored by 3.5 or so at most in Arizona.

I would love to get a rematch against the Cowboys, and I am with the OP in that most of the respect Hawks fans have for Dallas would not exist but for that single 3rd and 22 completion. A single play should not influence your opinions that heavily. We would be overconfident if we had won that game but we are under confident having lost it. GB is the better opponent in my mind but because we won vs. them suddenly they aren't so concerning.

Wagner is more important to this defense than Mebane is and all of those worries about our run defense went away immediately when he returned to the lineup. The players would also get amped up to 11 for a rematch knowing that was our only home loss this season. And who knows what Dallas' health is going to be like after two hard fought playoff games.

Erebus

Reaction score
I don't know how to look this up, so could someone please answer this for me? I remember Murray having very minimal impact during the game until around the 4th quarter. I also know this is the game Wagner got hurt, but I don't remember if he finished it or at what point he came out. Did Murray suddenly start getting his yards after Wagner went out?

trharder

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2vp71x5q said:
It's moot, because if they beat Detroit they get to go to Green Bay.
They are not beating the Pack, coming off a week of rest while the Cowboys battle the Lions. Not in Lambeau.
This may be true, but if the do, would you be worried then?

I think we can beat the Cowboys, but they are my biggest worry if I had to name one. They seemed to out-physical us when we met earlier. I get that we had key players injured and Percy was spreading cancer, but still they matched up well with us on the brute force meter. At least to my eye.

Any given playoff game we could get beat. I like our chances though.

45Hawker

Reaction score
I'd rather the Hawks play AZ or CAR, than DET (their run D is #1 in DVOA, and they have legit weapons on offense). I'll be rooting for Dallas to win, and then they and GB can beat each other up before, hopefully, playing us in the NFCCG.

idahawks

Reaction score
Schadie001":83ryf9qy said:
OK...I get it the Cowboys beat us at home. But they beat us when we were probably playing our worst football and only beat us by completing a 3 and 22 pass. I just looked at the Cowboys schedule and they had to have by far THEE weakest schedule of anyone in the NFL. They played 3 playoff teams (Seattle, Indy, Arizona), all others sucked. Contrast that to us having probably one of the hardest schedules. But of course no one will talk about that they are just swinging off the cowboys junk. I HOPE we get to play them and show the world once again why our D is the best in the world. I would love to crush the cowboys fans hope once again. Plus my boss is a cowboys fan and I would love to see him wearing Seahawks gear after we beat them.

I hate the cowboys as much as anybody and would love to beat them in the play offs, again. But I do see a point to the idea that they are our biggest threat.

First of all lets look at the contenders. AZ and Carolina are no threat at all. That leaves Dallas, Detroit and GB. I think we dominate GB again. We have shown that finesse pocket passing teams cannot beat physical defenses with a solid running game. Detroit would be difficult for us however their offense doesn't have enough gas to get the job done.

Dallas's strength of schedule I think is around 19th. We are number 1. Yes we played tougher teams and a tougher schedule but lets not forget who beat us at home. The main reason they are the biggest threat to beat us in my opinion is their offensive line. I'm not talking about the foul smelling skid marks at the bottom of the punch bowl, I'm talking about the 1500 lbs of muscle, blubber and gristle blocking for Murray. They have the best oline in the NFL and statistically the best running back. Romo will have time to throw the ball. No matter how good our secondary is if you give a qb 5 seconds coverage will break down. And they can run. Our D will perform well but it may be difficult for us to hold them under 20 if they are playing well.

Dallas has the 19th rated defense and we have the 9th rated offense. Given the inconsistency of our offense we might have a tough time putting over 20 points on Dallas.

I'm not saying Dallas will beat us, but of the 5 other teams in the NFC play offs I think Dallas will be the toughest for us to beat because of the matchup.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
If the Cowboys can go into GB and win, then Seattle and win, and finish the season 10-0 on the road, they deserve it.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Hawks had a horrible game plan for the Cowboys. Lynch only had 10 carries and Bevell was still running those crap Harvin gadget plays. Defense held for most of the game even with Kam and Wagner at less than 100%. If Dallas doesn't convert the 3rd and 22 this topic isn't even a discussion. We also might not have traded Harvin perhaps. It all worked out in the end. We can thank the Cowboys for waking the Hawks up cuz they pretty much stomped the rest of the NFC after that game.

false start

Reaction score
pehawk":r01bvve0 said:
Hey, I'm not saying they'll beat the Seahawks. I just think its silly to not be concerned; they match up well with the Hawks defense. Better than any other team, actually.
The overconfidence is off putting. Its startling how many people give any seahawk opponent a 0 percent chance if winning any game against us. Im as confident as anyone but im definitely not going to get my head so big to think we cant be beat

I remember a few years back my buddy told me atlanta was his dream match up.. saying theres no way we lose that game... close as it was, we lost. A part of me wanted to tell him "told you so!" But I was just as down as he was that we didnt pull it out

false start

Reaction score
After many years of heart break I guess you can say I remain "cautiously optimistic" - my only defense to a broken heart

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
pehawk":xdo2v9lw said:
Hey, I'm not saying they'll beat the Seahawks. I just think its silly to not be concerned; they match up well with the Hawks defense. Better than any other team, actually.
Id be more "worried" about detroit than dallas

endzorn

Reaction score
Dallas has a similar offensive style to us, but they are better equipped to run it. We have better defensive personnel, but they showed earlier this year that they are capable of controlling the clock and wearing our front seven down. We'd still be favorites, rightfully so, but it's ridiculous to think Dallas isn't the one team that matches up well with us in the NFC.

Largent80

Reaction score
I'll say it again. The current Hawk team is light years ahead of the team Dallas saw before.

BOTH offensively and especially defensively.

false start

Reaction score
Id like to play the cowboys cause I think it would take me back to a time when the cowboys and niners were the top two teams and the games were humongous and really cemented the fact that thise two franchises were king of the mountain. Beating the cowboys, americas team, would put us "over" more than anything else besides another SB win. Would give us that solid foundation to bring us a seat to the big boy tabke for years to come. Perhaps we're there and im just out of touch with the rest of the world but I still think of us as little old seattle. South Alaska, despite our dominance

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
On that 3rd and 22nd play, Avril was being held hard. Flag should of been called. I want them to come to our house again. Our team will show them the real Seahawks.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Dallas is a warm weather dome team with a lousy pass defense. Lambeau Field in January against Aaron Rodgers is not a good matchup for them. I'd be surprised to see them get past the Packers.

Latest posts