Sidney Jones on the trading block

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
What did we get for the ex Niner who went to Pittsburgh whose name escapes me?

Spohawks

Reaction score
If a 2nd this year is worth a 1st next year and so on. I would take a 1st round pick in 2025 for a 3rd round value today.

He's 3rd round value because he is slightly above a contributor. There is no garuntee that a 3rd rounder can do what he can.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
5th or 6th probably, Sidney Jones is a good player, I would shoot for a 4th, best we can do is a 5th I bet. But then, why doubt our beautiful, magical front office at this point?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I hate this.

You do not trade serviceable CBs unless you absolutely have to.

Seahawk fans have literally watched us lose TWO SBs because we didn't have enough healthy DBs (CBs/Safeties)

You can never have too many DBs.

Not saying the guy is great. But he was palatable.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
I hate this.

You do not trade serviceable CBs unless you absolutely have to.

Seahawk fans have literally watched us lose TWO SBs because we didn't have enough healthy DBs (CBs/Safeties)

You can never have too many DBs.

Not saying the guy is great. But he was palatable.
This is impressive foresight! How can you analyze a trade before it happens? I have to see what was given up and received prior to forming an opinion on a trade.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Burns and Brown is on the mend and should be back soon. And Mike Jackson hasn't played bad either. So think we're good at CB for now.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It isn't impressive foresight at all. We expect this is for a draft pick and we know the general slot the trade should/likely would fall to.

We know that we corners returning from injury but haven't seen them on the field again yet.

And we know that we have a serviceable, albeit flawed, cornerback in the stable that potentially tradeable.

And we know, 2 SBs and a few seasons where needs for CBs caused problems for our success.

I don't like trading viable corners if you can prevent it.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Maybe the Hawks turn the tables...trade Jones and a 3rd rounder for a stud DL.

Making a playoff push in October baby!!!

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
It isn't impressive foresight at all. We expect this is for a draft pick and we know the general slot the trade should/likely would fall to.

We know that we corners returning from injury but haven't seen them on the field again yet.

And we know that we have a serviceable, albeit flawed, cornerback in the stable that potentially tradeable.

And we know, 2 SBs and a few seasons where needs for CBs caused problems for our success.

I don't like trading viable corners if you can prevent it.
Expect is not the same as a done deal.

Have you been at practices and meetings? Do you know how Jones stacks up against Burns, Brown, Coleman, Tabor and whomever else is on the practice squad?

What draft slot would you trade a serviceable CB who is about to be 3rd on the depth chart for? How do you know before a trade is made that the compensation will be less than what you deem acceptable? Do our odds of competing for a super bowl this year change your opinion? Does hanging onto a serviceable CB who is not part of long-term plans and could be traded for a late draft pick in a year in which we do not look like we are competitors seem like a good idea?

What if the two alternatives are cut or trade (with Burns and Brown coming back this seems possible)? If the options are between cut or trade, then any trade compensation above nothing is a win, no?

You say you, "hate this," yet you don't have enough information to have an informed opinion. At this point, all we have is an article stating that he is available for trade.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You make a good point Sun.
But, we have been burned before on this so many times.
If possible, at all, keep your DBs.

I know Tre is coming back. At least would like to see Tre in real games under live fire a few times before moving any competent DBs.

Tired of getting burned on the hot stove and we keep touching it. DBs are precious. In an NFL where the passing game is king, you either win by passing or you stop the pass.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Josh McDaniels of Broncos fame might need a DB. I'm sure he'd cough up a 1st for Sidney.

TY JOsh for Earl Thomas :p

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Trade QB Lock, WR Hart, CB Jones, DE Collier, and LB Taylor + SEA ‘23, ‘24, ‘25 1st round picks for QB Johnson, RB Ingram, WR Hamler + DE Chubb and CB Surtain.

Move Tre Brown to FS, Diggs to SS. LOB 2.0 Complete.