Sit 'Em: Russell Wilson against Cardinals

djb28

Reaction score
Sit em? He is 4-2 against the cards and has like 100 yards rushing against them in every game. I say START EM!

IrishNW

Reaction score
Anthony!":2ca9j4o5 said:
IrishNW":2ca9j4o5 said:
Anthony!":2ca9j4o5 said:
Seafan":2ca9j4o5 said:
I've been saying this all season. Russ hasn't been Russ. It's time for him to step up his game.

Hmm I have been saying it all season Lynch has not been lynch, our oline has been worthless, our play calling and design has been worthless, yet our QB is on pace for career numbers in several categories. Now imagine his oline was oh say 24th instead of last. I n my list of problems with the offense Wilson is near last of the issues

Wilson can't stand in the pocket and make quick throws to help out the offensive line. He limits what we can do offensively

yet he has done that exact thing, but hey lets not let the facts get in the way of a good lie.

Let's not let your unhealthy obsession with Wilson blind you of facts.

Anthony!

Reaction score
RiverDog":32pqssfm said:
Anthony!":32pqssfm said:
RiverDog":32pqssfm said:
Anthony!":32pqssfm said:
Hmm I have been saying it all season Lynch has not been lynch, our oline has been worthless, our play calling and design has been worthless, yet our QB is on pace for career numbers in several categories. Now imagine his oline was oh say 24th instead of last. I n my list of problems with the offense Wilson is near last of the issues

There are liars, damn liars, and then there are statisticians.

Russell's numbers are way over inflated. We move the ball up and down the field between the 20's reasonably well but we are by far the worst in the league in red zone efficiency. I could care less what his career numbers are. His job is to win games, and to do that, he needs to be scoring points, not racking up worthless yards and completion percentages.

Especially in today's NFL, the quarterback position is the most influential on the field. No other position comes close. It is an inescapable truth that when the quarterback fails, the offense fails, and vise versa.

Now don't interpret that as me throwing Russell under the bus or not acknowledging other issues with our offense, specifically the offensive line, which sucks big time, and I still think that Russell is the best quarterback for our team that currently exists in the league.

But you're in huge denial if you think that Russell's issues are "near the last" in order of importance to our problems or what needs to change if we are to succeed.

And your in huge hate state if you think he is any place close to the top.

Hate state? For someone that has consistently said that Russell is the best quarterback in the league for our team even after he's struggled in the first half of this season? You have a broad definition of the term "hate."

Russell's play is one of the primary reasons our offense is ineffective. I'm not going to rank them, but I would include his play, our offensive line play, and our lack of creativity (Bevell) in our play design/game plan as the top three reasons for our offensive woes and with it, the team's overall performance to this point in the season.

So lets see, first you need to desing a play, then run a play, then block for the play, then throw the ball, then catch it.

SO lets see if the play design sucks the rest doe snot matter, if the play call sucks the rest does not matter, if the blocking sucks the rest does not matter, So as I said Wilson is near the bottom of the list and a very good case can be made he is the only reason we get what we do get form the offense. I mean imagine if the play design was just avg, or play calling was avg, or oline was avg. Hmm just imagine.

Anthony!

Reaction score
IrishNW":2fgweoiq said:
Anthony!":2fgweoiq said:
IrishNW":2fgweoiq said:
Anthony!":2fgweoiq said:

Wilson can't stand in the pocket and make quick throws to help out the offensive line. He limits what we can do offensively

yet he has done that exact thing, but hey lets not let the facts get in the way of a good lie.

Let's not let your unhealthy obsession with Wilson blind you of facts.

You mean like your unhealthy dislike of him has. No worries I have facts to support my stance

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Out of all the NFC West opponents, Wilson is best at beating the Cardinals, he is 4-2, 9 TD and 3 iNT for his career against them. I will say that Russ hasn't been Russ and I think the red zone works when Wilson rushes in for a TD. I really think that if he starts running more in the redzone it will also open up redzone passing/rushing opportunities. Also something we've been missing is a fullback that can punch it in or used in the passing game. When we had Mike Rob, we were able to utilize him pretty well to score. Teams now expect only Lynch to get the ball. Also doesn't help that our alignment shows pass, and teams are already ready for that as well.

Wilson is struggling because he isn't playing like the Wilson I use to know. Everyone here says he has to stay in the pocket and pass, I say no, let him be Wilson. Let him play the way he was dangerous at when he was a rookie.

Anthony!

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":16qa1zfz said:
Out of all the NFC West opponents, Wilson is best at beating the Cardinals, he is 4-2, 9 TD and 3 iNT for his career against them. I will say that Russ hasn't been Russ and I think the red zone works when Wilson rushes in for a TD. I really think that if he starts running more in the redzone it will also open up redzone passing/rushing opportunities. Also something we've been missing is a fullback that can punch it in or used in the passing game. When we had Mike Rob, we were able to utilize him pretty well to score. Teams now expect only Lynch to get the ball. Also doesn't help that our alignment shows pass, and teams are already ready for that as well.

Wilson is struggling because he isn't playing like the Wilson I use to know. Everyone here says he has to stay in the pocket and pass, I say no, let him be Wilson. Let him play the way he was dangerous at when he was a rookie.

The only real issue I have is that Wilson is only struggling in some areas, in others he is doing the best he ever has, It just so happens the areas he is struggling in are areas were the oline can imoact and play calling/design can impact the most, Ie redzone. I do not think it is Russ not playing like Russ or struggling, I think it is Russ doing what he can while having to deal with bad play calling and design, an oline that might get him killed and a run game that is not striking fear in anyone. There is only so much any one person can overcome. This offense is not built around Russ and that is also an issue because now we need it to be.

Tical21

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree, missing wide open receivers in the end zone is definitely the O-lines fault.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Anthony!":2b0e37vx said:
theincrediblesok":2b0e37vx said:

The only real issue I have is that Wilson is only struggling in some areas, in others he is doing the best he ever has, It just so happens the areas he is struggling in are areas were the oline can imoact and play calling/design can impact the most, Ie redzone. I do not think it is Russ not playing like Russ or struggling, I think it is Russ doing what he can while having to deal with bad play calling and design, an oline that might get him killed and a run game that is not striking fear in anyone. There is only so much any one person can overcome. This offense is not built around Russ and that is also an issue because now we need it to be.

I will agree that the the offense is built for Marshawn. It will be Russ' but until that time come people will criticize Wilson. I remember when people were criticizing Andy Dalton, and now all of a sudden he's looking good, not sure how he will do during playoffs but he's a much better player now than he's ever been.

Wilson was never given a chance to be in pass happy offense, he went right into a run offense that preaches protect the ball and that might have hindered his development. Imagine if he was able to throw 35+ passes a game and given all the luxury to make those mistakes early in his career how good he would look now.

sutz

Reaction score
A lot of discussion over a FF recommendation. :laugh:

Nobody said sit Wilson IRL, for crying out loud. Discussion of his struggles is fine, though. The bottom line is that the team as a whole has to continue to improve, including Russ. For me, the improvements in the running game recently has the best promise for long term overall chance to improve our win/loss numbers. A successful running game will have the affect of giving the O-line a half step assist in pass blocking on play action plays, which is supposed to be our bread and butter.

We are not, and never will be a quick pass timing based offense. Not going to happen. We need that play action to give us the time for our pass plays to develop. I'm not overly worried yet, but yes we do need improvement in the very near future, meaning tomorrow night in an important division game. With three consecutive home games coming up we have a real chance to start a late season run that will catapult us into the playoffs, which is what I expect to happen. It is likely that HFA throughout is out of reach, but a div crown and at least one home playoff game is still very much in reach and largely up to our own efforts to achieve.

ringless

Reaction score
I think a lot of people take this the wrong way.

It's a run based offense. Chances are he isn't going to be the best fantasy option week to week.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
djb28":1pv0cxd7 said:
Sit em? He is 4-2 against the cards and has like 100 yards rushing against them in every game. I say START EM!

Now THAT'S the spirit!!

irocdave

Reaction score
austinslater25":mc8m4f08 said:
I just deleted a long post because it won't change any opinions but the anti Wilson angle on this board is out of hand. I can't even begin to understand how someone can watch the games and think all of the line problems are on Wilson. It's a near impossibility.

Speaking of quick throws to help the line.....did you watch the Dallas game?

I don't know how anyone can watch Hawk games and think all of the O problems are caused by the O line. RW has had time on occasion and has been off the mark on throws, hasn't let it fly when he should and just hasn't played very well this year. All the blame for the Hawks ineptness on offense doesn't fall on the O line, RW is at fault also. He has not played up to his pay grade this year, have no idea how any person that has watched the Hawks this year can say he has, O line issues factored in. In accurate throws when there is plenty of time to make the read, plant, throw are not what one of the highest compensated QB's in the league should be doing game in and out.

Its not ANTI Wilson sentimate as you propose, it's well placed criticism of RW's play this year. The expectation bar was raised when he became a 21 million dollar a year QB and he hasn't played like it this year.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Look, it's pretty simple actually. I am as Pro Wilson as you will find on .NET and I am the first person to say something is just off with him this year. No candy-coating, it's clear as day if you have functional vision.

He has had that "IT" factor since he came into the league. This year? Nope.

Are there flashes? Absolutely. He can still bring it, but it's not in a reliable pattern as it has been in year's past.

Is it all the endorsements? Ciara? The magazine ads, the contract distraction, the cameo's, etc?

My guess is it is all the above.

I miss "NO TIME TO SLEEP" Wilson. He was the one that would ball EVERY game, not every few games.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Anthony!":3fozai5e said:
Hmm I have been saying it all season Lynch has not been lynch, our oline has been worthless, our play calling and design has been worthless, yet our QB is on pace for career numbers in several categories.] Now imagine his oline was oh say 24th instead of last. I n my list of problems with the offense Wilson is near last of the issues

Which categories? I see that his completion percentage, total completions, and passing yardage is up a little, but not anywhere near the level of a Brees, Brady, Rodgers, et al, and is in fact only 25nd best in yards per game in the league. Everything else looks about average or worse. He's ranked 13th in passer rating, behind names like Brian Hoyer, Josh McCown, and Tyrod Taylor. I honestly can't see what it is about his stats that your popping your buttons over.

What's more concerning is some of his career lows he's on pace for, such as touchdown passes, TD/int ratio, rushing touchdowns, and most important of all, his winning percentage, are all on pace to be the worst of his career.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Aros":19j4vjp0 said:
Look, it's pretty simple actually. I am as Pro Wilson as you will find on .NET and I am the first person to say something is just off with him this year. No candy-coating, it's clear as day if you have functional vision.

Are there flashes? Absolutely. He can still bring it, but it's not in a reliable pattern as it has been in year's past.

Is it all the endorsements? Ciara? The magazine ads, the contract distraction, the cameo's, etc?

I miss "NO TIME TO SLEEP" Wilson. He was the one that would ball EVERY game, not every few games.

There was some great stuff on twitter last night from a couple of Seahawk guys breaking down tape. It was fairly objective and Wilson definitely has been a little off. The majority of the problem has been the lines pass protection issues though. Aros I think that has much more to do with it than the the stuff you listed. I'll see if I can post some of their stuff when I get a chance. But even saying that Wilson does seem just a tad off this year so I agree with you there. I think Wilson comes together tonight though. ;)

RiverDog

Reaction score
austinslater25":5b1hdbdw said:
Aros":5b1hdbdw said:

There was some great stuff on twitter last night from a couple of Seahawk guys breaking down tape. It was fairly objective and Wilson definitely has been a little off. The majority of the problem has been the lines pass protection issues though. Aros I think that has much more to do with it than the the stuff you listed. I'll see if I can post some of their stuff when I get a chance. But even saying that Wilson does seem just a tad off this year so I agree with you there. I think Wilson comes together tonight though. ;)

I agree with both of those opinions.

Personally, I do think that the off field stuff has affected his performance, and I'll toss in his new contract into that mix of Ciara, magazine ads, cameo appearances, etc.

I also still believe in him, that this first part of the season has woke him up, made him realize his weaknesses and his failures, and that he'll adjust. He's too smart and too introspective and too good at preparing not to. He still has the tools. It's just a matter of him pushing the right buttons. And yes, I get the feeling that it starts changing tonight, that the bye will have really helped him.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The entire premise of this thread is that someone decided that fantasy Russell Wilson is in the "sit em" category for this game.

The probability that Wilson saw this or cares about it is a number so close to zero you'd have to write it on a logarithmic scale. The idea of fantasy football being "bulliten board material" is not a thing.

Anthony!

Reaction score
irocdave":uz90xvtm said:
austinslater25":uz90xvtm said:
I just deleted a long post because it won't change any opinions but the anti Wilson angle on this board is out of hand. I can't even begin to understand how someone can watch the games and think all of the line problems are on Wilson. It's a near impossibility.

Speaking of quick throws to help the line.....did you watch the Dallas game?

I don't know how anyone can watch Hawk games and think all of the O problems are caused by the O line. RW has had time on occasion and has been off the mark on throws, hasn't let it fly when he should and just hasn't played very well this year. All the blame for the Hawks ineptness on offense doesn't fall on the O line, RW is at fault also. He has not played up to his pay grade this year, have no idea how any person that has watched the Hawks this year can say he has, O line issues factored in. In accurate throws when there is plenty of time to make the read, plant, throw are not what one of the highest compensated QB's in the league should be doing game in and out.

Its not ANTI Wilson sentimate as you propose, it's well placed criticism of RW's play this year. The expectation bar was raised when he became a 21 million dollar a year QB and he hasn't played like it this year.

No one has said all the problems have been the olin just the biggest there is all play call, play design, RB, and QB FYI he is not making 21 mil yet, so get off it. Add to that he is the main reason this offense has done anything but as I have said it is asking a lot for any QB to overcome bad oline, little to no run game, bad play calling and bad play design. Anyone who has watched then this year knows he is far down the list of issues with this offense.

Anthony!

Reaction score
RiverDog":15vd6kzw said:
Anthony!":15vd6kzw said:
Hmm I have been saying it all season Lynch has not been lynch, our oline has been worthless, our play calling and design has been worthless, yet our QB is on pace for career numbers in several categories.] Now imagine his oline was oh say 24th instead of last. I n my list of problems with the offense Wilson is near last of the issues

Which categories? I see that his completion percentage, total completions, and passing yardage is up a little, but not anywhere near the level of a Brees, Brady, Rodgers, et al, and is in fact only 25nd best in yards per game in the league. Everything else looks about average or worse. He's ranked 13th in passer rating, behind names like Brian Hoyer, Josh McCown, and Tyrod Taylor. I honestly can't see what it is about his stats that your popping your buttons over.

What's more concerning is some of his career lows he's on pace for, such as touchdown passes, TD/int ratio, rushing touchdowns, and most important of all, his winning percentage, are all on pace to be the worst of his career.

He does not throw it as much as those QBs so thanks for playing the apples to oranges game and proving my point, about people looking for excuses to blame Wilson

Anthony!

Reaction score
austinslater25":3kgvqlng said:
Aros":3kgvqlng said:

I do not disagree he has been a little off, but I also believe it has a lot to do with the oline, I think he is a little punch drunk, I also do not think he trusts the game plan which until last game did nothing to help the oline.

Latest posts