Skip and Shannon

JPatera76

Reaction score
Typically I can’t stand them.. but today was good.. and also is skip trying to mimic/copy sharp??7FB5F03A 576C 4BF8 8807 2BEA30DCE28A

rjdriver

Reaction score
The only thing worse than Russ's performance is what Skip is wearing.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
The only thing worse than Russ's performance is what Skip is wearing.
You mean Shannon? They are both nattily dressed.

But here's what was worse:

Russell Wilson had a very poor game, no doubt. We've seen lots of examples over the last few years as a Seahawk.
Almost as bad as Matt Ryan, who looked like he didn't want to be there in the first half, and wouldn't surprise anyone if he retired this week.

But Shannon had a very good point. And I'll add another.
Shannon: You don't show up your QB. The receiver(Hamler) banging his helmet on the turf when Russ missed a wide open opportunity for the winning TD. Peewee league immaturity.
Me: As a fanbase, you don't boo your own team, and certainly not on a national prime-time televised game. Good recipe for players tuning out and phoning in half-efforts when their own fans are booing them. Broncos fans are despicable.
And leaving before the game was decided? Well, where have we seen that before? But you know, the broadcasters are going to point a camera at those exit gates, and it's a bad, bad look for the Denver fan base.

Nunya

Reaction score
LOL..."Bronco Country, Lets Ride....Bruh, the car broke down. You not ridin', you walkin'".

WmHBonney

Reaction score

Russell Wilson had a very poor game, no doubt. We've seen lots of examples over the last few years as a Seahawk.
Almost as bad as Matt Ryan, who looked like he didn't want to be there in the first half, and wouldn't surprise anyone if he retired this week.

Shannon: You don't show up your QB. The receiver(Hamler) banging his helmet on the turf when Russ missed a wide open opportunity for the winning TD. Peewee league immaturity.
Me: As a fanbase, you don't boo your own team, and certainly not on a national prime-time televised game. Good recipe for players tuning out and phoning in half-efforts when their own fans are booing them. Broncos fans are despicable.
And leaving before the game was decided? Well, where have we seen that before? But you know, the broadcasters are going to point a camera at those exit gates, and it's a bad, bad look for the Denver fan base.
What do you think the Broncos' owners are thinking when they see those fans leaving early? It cannot be a good thing.

chrispy

Reaction score

I respectfully disagree with this take.
Those fans paid a lot for primetime tix and didn't want to stay. The Broncos owe their fans full effort and professionalism in exchange for the price of admission. The fans choose to support the team and have right to choose to leave. A team isn't owed loyalty, they earn it.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
I didn't see a lack of effort on the field. Disorganized and ill-prepared, yes.

Sure, maybe some of the fans had to get home to relieve the babysitter.

It still reflects poorly on the fan base IMO. Just as it did when Seahawks fans streamed out of the stadium, only to miss one of the greatest victories in Seahawks history.

And booing? Beyond the pale.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Sharpe's response to "let's ride" - You're car broke down. you walkin'. lol

toffee

Reaction score
Shannon surely do not know enough about football. From our own great Fade's excellent analysis: Hackett is an excellent XO coach, and Russ was victimized by his skill position players. Shannon should read and learn:

Last edited:

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I hate to agree with Skip Bayless ever on anything, but he was right to point out that this writing was on the wall in Seattle last year and a lot of national media just missed it.

Some of these shortcomings of Wilson's game have been obvious for a lot longer than that he just had physical gifts and, frankly, the players around him to bail him out.

Shannon was pointing out the bad reads. This is Russ since read-option stopped being a major part of our game.

Russ doesn't make traditional reads going through his progression. Either the play is a quick throw (like to the flat to the RB) or he picks whichever deep route he thinks has the best chance of being open on time and then flips a coin whether he's going to float it or not.

After that? It's backyard football. But here in Seattle, he had a security blanket in Tyler Lockett who essentially had a clock in his head that if he knew the ball wasn't out of Wilson's hands by, he started going backyard football as well to bail out his QB.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
There's no asterisk next to that Superbowl win because ..."backyard football".

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Skip and Shannon is much better than Skip and Steven A. It's infinitely better than Idiot Max and Steven A.
Nope.

EDIT: Skip Bayless is the single worst sports media personality. Stephen A. and Max might be over the top, but Skip is just a live-action troll.

Shannon is fine, though.

Threedee

Reaction score
Nope.

EDIT: Skip Bayless is the single worst sports media personality. Stephen A. and Max might be over the top, but Skip is just a live-action troll.

Shannon is fine, though.
Max is a retarded political opinion host (apparently with some knowledge of boxing). I always assumed First Take would improve when Skip left, because, he's an annoying troll. Little did I suspect it could actually get worse. Because Shannon is much more mature than Steven A, he's actually able to reign Skip in a little bit.