Skip Bayless, just some of many videos i of his hate

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Don't usually care what commentators say but mister "south Alaska" is and irritating butt pimple.

kearly

Reaction score
Bayless is a purposefully obnoxious, contrarian, attention-whoring turd. But in more recent videos he's been a big backer of the Seahawks. For the record.

Subzero717

Reaction score
kearly":3o3zzvaj said:
Bayless is a purposefully obnoxious, contrarian, attention-whoring turd. But in more recent videos he's been a big backer of the Seahawks. For the record.

Yes he has. He is just likr Cowherd. Say crazy stuff to cause attention. Both have converted. Matter of fact I hate Herd but could listen to him talk about Wilson all day long.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I could care less if he backs the Hawks or not the guy is painful to listen to. Absolute know it all irritating blow hard.

I'd rather have him hate us because he simply looks better as the fool.

cacksman

Reaction score
Ugh, why even draw attention to this guy? Starting a thread about him....?

Largent80

Reaction score
If you have enough time in your life that you resort to listening to Bayless, then you simply are getting what you deserve.

rastahawk

Reaction score
My hatred of him started during Superbowl XL when he said he didn't want the Seahawks in "his" Superbowl. I didn't even know who he was then but I knew he was a douche. Then I kinda figured out his whole angle. Everytime he talks a baby kitten dies.

olyfan63

Reaction score
kearly":2itqwcjf said:

Dammit, that's twice in one week you've done your Chuck Norris thing and stolen my words days before I even thought them.

Bayless came off as a Seahawks backer this last season most of the times I saw him. He was also the only one who chose Seattle over Green Bay and also over New England early in the season. I don't give him any special credit for that; he was the one who was "assigned" by the producers to do that, to make that case, and he got lucky.

The bit with Stephen Smith prior to the Seahawks vs. Redskins playoff game, where Bayless took the 'Skins, was an obvious assignment piece.
Smith was assigned the Seahawks, and Bayless was assigned the Redskins. Each had to make their case.
If anything, Bayless probably drew the short straw and had to try to talk up the Redskins.
Listen to Smith, and in his opening segment, he is robotic and uninspired, and at one point stumbles to remember the Seahawks #1 running back, and Bayless has to help him out, whispering to him, "Lynch!"

Interestingly, Stephen Smith actually was prophetic in his prediction, that a gimpy RGIII simply would not be able to get it done, and (sadly) by his demeanor, the evil Seahawks forces of darkness would overcome the good guy purity and light Redskins.

For that matter, Bayless was on target too, with ONE big exception: Marshawn LYNCH recovered that fumble, and turned it into a first down at a crucial time. If the Redskins jump on that thing, the end result could have been different.

Even the Bayless segment on the Seahawks-49ers game after the 42-13 smearing, Bayless gives the Seahawks due credit for spanking the 49ers, "they played faster, they played harder, they played better", etc. about the Seahawks.

Honestly, Bayless is less annoying to me than a lot of the announcers, and has more interesting things to say, in an opinionated yet plausibly intelligent, thought-provoking way, and manages to get more interesting commentary out of his co-hosts than an awful lot of the announcers. As far as the attention-whores go, I'll take Bayless over most of the rest of the cookie cutter idiots, most of whom simply recite a pre-scripted conventional wisdom story line and have a lot less substance behind their comments than Bayless. (There are many good, thoughtful analysts out there that aren't in the attention whores category)

Hawknballs

Reaction score
comparing bayless to cowherd is unfair to cowherd, whom is at least right a lot of the time even if he comes off as a prick. Cowherd surprises me because he seems like a media guy I should hate but constantly drops some pretty sound perpsective and logic-bombs that are hard to argue with. Even though I want to dislike him, I can't.

Bayless on the other hand is a worthless detractor from society who shouldn't even be employed. I know great people lookin for jobs right now it's a travesty that in this world they are struggling and this guy gets paid to do basically less than nothing.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Skip Bayless is a character that plays a very specific role. He gets big ratings so he takes the approach that will "rile" people up. Who knows what he actually thinks, but he's very good at what he does.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Love him, hate him, as long as you watch him and discuss him and his media masters, that's all they care about.

Latest posts