So, Anything Interesting This Week ...

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
... like, duh, you playing anyone important?

Hey, y'all!! Long time since last season. Sorry it took me so long to check back in, but life has been, well ... life.

Looking so forward to watching this game. For the Saints sake I hope y'all split, but considering the arses I have encountered in the Niners world, I would be destroyed if y'all sweep. My only concern is playing there in the playoffs ... (I wonder why).

So, how have all my friends here been?

Sac

Reaction score
Guido! Long time no see, bro.

Currently we're being invaded by a massive wave of Niner trolls. A few have met the blunt end of the mods ban hammer, a few are much more subtle in their jackassery.

Look forward to our game this year for sure.

samwize77

Reaction score
Guido! Hows things in the gulf? I hope we disappoint you. No split bud. We got this covered

gargantual

Reaction score
Always great to have your input. It's actually entertaining having those trolls around occasionally....I live to watch them get just schooled by the likes of Scottemojo or Hansgruber. Hope you guys completely trash the Falcs this year. You're off to a great start already!

Hopefully we'll play twice this year!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":22ip6ml9 said:
... like, duh, you playing anyone important?

Hey, y'all!! Long time since last season. Sorry it took me so long to check back in, but life has been, well ... life.

Looking so forward to watching this game. For the Saints sake I hope y'all split, but considering the arses I have encountered in the Niners world, I would be destroyed if y'all sweep. My only concern is playing there in the playoffs ... (I wonder why).

So, how have all my friends here been?
One of my 2 favorite Saints posters. We are knee deep in Ninnies trolls and a few have been eliminated and I have a feeling the mods are just warming with the ban hammers and nuke buttons! Welcome back, watch your step and avoid tripping over the ninnies trolls carcasses.

OP
OP
AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome back! And, yes, I am pretty optimistic about the Saints chances this season. They were more focused and worked harder than they ever have as a team this season.

As for the games this week, I really think y'all should be able to handle the whiners, but it may not be that easy. As for the Saints/Bucs match-up, Tampa Bay appears to be in total disarray. I expect Payton to really take advantage of that.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Welcome back Guido. Saints already looking good, and they're my non-Seahawks pick to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl, so I'm glad to see they're making me look at least semi-intelligent right now. However, I expect Seattle in the SB, because well, the Saints don't travel west very well in the playoffs. ;)

OP
OP
AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2dydph7h said:
Welcome back Guido. Saints already looking good, and they're my non-Seahawks pick to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl, so I'm glad to see they're making me look at least semi-intelligent right now. However, I expect Seattle in the SB, because well, the Saints don't travel west very well in the playoffs. ;)

I've heard that said. LOL I guess they'll have to ensure all post-season games are in the Superdome until the last. 8)

Happy

Reaction score
Hi guido.

Good to have payton back yeah? You guys should roll this year in the NFC south, I have a sense that Atlanta is going to take a step back this year.

OP
OP
AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
sadhappy":2noenydu said:
Hi guido.

Good to have payton back yeah? You guys should roll this year in the NFC south, I have a sense that Atlanta is going to take a step back this year.

Yup. I have got to agree. They were very thin in depth to begin with and now Julio Jones is not practicing either with Roddy White already suffering from the high ankle sprain. Their offensive line is a mess and the defensive line can't get any pressure at all. Their window for success was last year when the Saints were forcibly down, but they managed to choke that away ... status qou.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Yo Guido! Howarya? Saints look to make some noise this year; hell last year all you needed was a halfway decent D and you could have made the playoffs. You guys look to be much improved along those lines. I have a feeling the Rams are going to hand Atl a loss this Sunday. You should be able to handle a Bucs team struggling to find its' indentity. Here's to 2-0 for both our teams! :thirishdrinkers:

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Good to see you Guido. Saints are looking good this year. Hard to root against them. Thanks for the well wishes. I think the Seahawks would have as much interest in playing a playoff game in the Superdome as the Saints have in playing at the CLink. Hopefully if the matchup happens it is in the NFCCG. At least then we'll know it will be a good game with great crowds and atmosphere (and not full of part time phonies!).

The Superdome crowd always puts on a great show, and it is enjoyable to watch a game there, regardless of the fact that it's a domed stadium, which so many people gripe about. I still miss the Kingdome because the fans transcended any shortcomings that the stadium itself may have had. It's all about the fans, and Saints fans are classy and knowledgable for the most part, which is better than 28 out of 30 other teams. :)

HawkWow

Reaction score
Donte Whitner made the week more interesting with his sage commentary :

"This is my fifth game against them, and we're 3-1, so if we can go ahead and take this game, we'll be 4-1 against them."

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Always good to see an old friend!

Never forgot my second away game with the Hawks...Saints/Seahawks in New Orleans...2011 I think...I was sicker than a dog and horrified that I couldn't enjoy the full blessings Bourbon Street and the city had to offer me. Even still, as sick as I was, I remember how cool the fans were to us Seahawks fans. We ended up sitting next to diehard season ticket holders and they were great fun. Although they kept wanting to insist that they were louder than the 12th Man (sorry Guido, it is simply not true), I was impressed with the noise and great fans.

I gave my blessing that the Saints fans were the second loudest fans in the NFL.

Hey, that's the best I can do. :)

sutz

Reaction score
Good to hear from you Guido!

Yeah, just a minor little game up here in Egypt. Nothing to worry about. :)

Best of luck going forward. Looks like your guys are back on the upswing. And with the NFC South tradition of rotating div champs, it should be your guys' turn again, right? ;)